Car wash in Singapore

Re: Car wash in Singapore

But after looking at this...I'm a SPB! Maybe ally, Chocs and yourself can try this at MA?
We will all support... :)

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=7sUfg6kajYg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Just had a terrible car wash at Caltex Upp. Thomson, the one near Casuarina. The cloth that they used to wipe my car was so oily! When I questioned the guy he simply told me that the oily effect is due the lighting of the patrol station! No wonder they charged just $5, never going back again!

hi everyone! those of u that DIY what kind of clothe do u use to wash? and what kind to dry?

speedyj;936636 said:
hi everyone! those of u that DIY what kind of clothe do u use to wash? and what kind to dry?

[h=4]Types of Wash Cloths Used for a Car:[/h][h=4]Window Towels[/h]These towels are made of cotton. They are lint-free and very absorbent. You should never use the same towels that are used to clean the exterior of the car on the windows, as the dirt on the towels can cause scratches on the glass.

[h=4]Terry Cloth Towels[/h]Terry cloth towels are used to dry the exterior of cars. However, these aren’t very absorbent and leave behind a lot of lint. A new, clean terry cloth towel is better for waxing the car, as you can use it to apply wax and for polishing off.

[h=4]Washing Mitt[/h]A washing mitt is made of plain cotton cloth with long fibers. The long fibers pick the grit off the car’s surface. The mitt should be rinsed frequently to remove the grit and prevent it from scratching the car’s surface. You should take care not to rub too hard with the mitt, as it might leave fine scratch marks.

[h=4]Microfiber Wash Cloth[/h]A microfiber wash cloth or towel can be used without any chemicals to clean, dust and polish the car. Microfiber cloths are made of tiny wedge shaped fibers that grab and hold dirt. A damp microfiber wash cloth can be used for dusting, as the dust gets trapped in the fibers of the cloth. The cloth can also be used to clean the exterior of the car and the wheels. Since it’s made of synthetic fibers, the cloth is easy to clean, as the dirt isn’t absorbed by the cloth. Microfiber wash cloths wipe off dirt and prevents it from damaging the surface of the car.

[h=4]Microfiber Polishing Towels[/h]These are used to polish the car and give an excellent swirl-free finish to the car’s paint, leaving the car shining and looking as good as new.

[h=4]Microfiber Drying Cloth[/h]These cloths can be used to clean windows. You just need to spray water on the windows and wipe it dry with the microfiber wash cloth to get dirt-free and streak-free windows. You can also use them for windshields and rear view mirrors. These cloths are also used to dry off the exterior of the car after it has been rinsed.

[h=4]Chamois Wash Cloth[/h]Chamois leather is a natural product that is very soft and absorbent. Wash cloths made of chamois leather are used more for drying than washing, but can be abrasive and take the wax off the car’s surface. The chamois doesn’t hold the dirt and hence it gets dragged across the car’s finish as you wipe each panel. If not used carefully, it can wreck the car’s finish. Besides this, chamois doesn’t dry as well as a microfiber towel.

Although there are a lot of cloths that are used while washing a car, those made from microfiber are gaining popularity, as they are very absorbent, lint-free, long lasting and non-abrasive. You should choose your car wash cloth wisely, as you don’t want to damage the car’s finish while cleaning the vehicle.

I simply pass them my cloth to wipe instead of theirs. learned it from a Rolls Royce car..

delrosa81;894278 said:
I usually go to the Caltex Opp PML Showroom at bukit merah. Out of the few carwash I went, this is the best but problem is, the Q usually quite long, have to wait quite abit.

Its not really very very good as compared to washing myself but its good enough. Now old already...lazy to wash myself.

This is a place to definitely avoid. Perhaps it used to be good. Every move is calculated to wash dry once surface time. Doors are not even opened to be wiped. Patches of dirt and water dripping. My my.

Not the product, but the workmanship extremely lacking. Not going back even if free.

Caltex station along Clementi Avenue 2, very good wash when it was first opened, now standard drops but still ok for $5 a wash.

fredlim7007;1007426 said:
Caltex station along Clementi Avenue 2, very good wash when it was first opened, now standard drops but still ok for $5 a wash.

Yes, I do agree. Another Caltex station at end of Macpherson towards city has good reasonable wash too.

Seems like all caltex is increasing their car wash prices.

favourite is actually esso at serangoon gardens. Clean and good.

I usually go to the Caltex station along Changi Road. $6 per wash but the standard has dropped. Looking around for another reasonable and good car wash.

BTW, any recommendations for good rims cleaning as well. I go to Caltex because they have the Sonax rims shine but it didn't seem to clean the rims well (my rims aren't that dirty). Hope to find a car wash that cleans the rims well too.

The Caltex at Upper Serangoon is good when I tried it but it really depends on the cleaners. When I went back again, the cleaners changed and the standard dropped again :(

am on car buddy wash (Buddy Carwash) cheap and nice! but they only serve selected areas.
had pps done by sonax and now coupled with car buddy, car almost every day "kim kim"

Bro can elaborate more on your FR on Buddy Carwash? Keen to try them out as they serve my car park but wondering about their claims about no swirls etc..

I miss Spa for Cars. The only place I know that didn't wipe the car dry...

... cos they patiently dabbed it dry then used a blower so there would be no swirl marks :thumbsup:

I have not seen them work on my car personally but used them for a month now, so far so good, no swirl marks, body feels smooth to the touch.
they would text you on the day they are coming to ask for the level your car is parked at.
cheap cheap only, every couple of days go to petrol kisok wash car also cost about the same.

Acoustix;1008644 said:
Bro can elaborate more on your FR on Buddy Carwash? Keen to try them out as they serve my car park but wondering about their claims about no swirls etc..

The SPC @ Lor 6 Toa Payoh is quick and good.

There was once at another car wash where the worker threw the front taxi's mat onto my bonnet and jet it with water. Slapped like 4 pieces of mat on my bonnet for jetting. Sorry but no more patronising that one ever again.

DanielKhong;1009170 said:
The SPC @ Lor 6 Toa Payoh is quick and good.

There was once at another car wash where the worker threw the front taxi's mat onto my bonnet and jet it with water. Slapped like 4 pieces of mat on my bonnet for jetting. Sorry but no more patronising that one ever again.
Nb. U didnt fuck the shit out of them ar? I f 1 tat use the stick n wash my whole car. Anyway those stay ard cck 1 can go blk 253... those kids wil wash 4 u kim kim plus tyre shine $7.. anyway tat day i spent 1hr there cos tat kid even wash my inner rims.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawer13login

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back