cayman S Sport

hitmee

I am in love

porsche-cayman-s-sport-2009-nose-main.jpg

porsche-cayman-s-sport-2009-profile-blur.jpg

porsche-cayman-s-sport-2009-rear-quarter.jpg

Re: cayman S Sport

I think the Cayman/S is the best looking Porsche in the low-mid level Porsches. I never liked how the 911 looks with its unproportional shape. Its like having an extremely big scrotum bag with 3 inches. The Cayman S on the other hand looks so elegant and proportionate in all aspects. Of course the GT cars, are in the simplest words, BREATHTAKING.

So is this just a kitted up Cayman S? Or did they really do an RS number on this car (which the paintjob seems to suggest)

they increased the HP to 303HP from 295HP by ECU flash, that's it.

This is the FINAL non-DFI Cayman manufactured. The new manufacturing starting (speculated) next month, will be with DFI engines.

So no stripped out lightweight reinforced chassis like with the RS?

Your car nicer la Hitmee... and faster too! :p

nice colour ... 'coffeeshop plastic chair orange'

Saw a RS60 Boxster S (one of 1960 worldwide, wow!) at C&C this afternoon... quite nice , but the dashboard looks weird w/o the instrument-hood.

Once they pair up the PDK with Cayman S and Boxster S, these cars will be much much faster than the current tip box setup and with such lovely handling, what can u say man!

DoggieHowser;381160 said:
So no stripped out lightweight reinforced chassis like with the RS?
the Cayman chassis already 33kN/deg F1 car is 24kN/deg.

The Cayman shorter and mid engine, 1.3 tons only, don't develop as much flex as a longer rear engined car. Also ... light is expensive, much of the Cayman target market will not pay more for a non-911.

The RS model is oft rumoured, but I find it difficult to imagine that POrsche will make it.

this kinda limited edition porsche keep comin out sia..last time got cayman black edition, now this S sports? geez, watz next? like tricking buyers sia...

centurion;382560 said:

Where do you get that figure for the F1 car? I'm quite sure they're stiffer than that, at least bare chassis

centurion;382560 said:

The Cayman shorter and mid engine, 1.3 tons only, don't develop as much flex as a longer rear engined car. Also ... light is expensive, much of the Cayman target market will not pay more for a non-911.

The RS model is oft rumoured, but I find it difficult to imagine that POrsche will make it.

Can't recall which review I read but they did say the Cayman S chassis while good has a limit on the amt of power it can handle and it was lower than on the 997 chassis.

Shaun;383189 said:
Where do you get that figure for the F1 car? I'm quite sure they're stiffer than that, at least bare chassis
iirc i may have gotten the number from u before ... :) I may be wrong, but the number 24 is etched in my mind.

That would be 25KNm/deg and in reference to some heavily run worn out Indycar tubs I torsion tested :D F1 is stiffer than that, but installed stiffness (going beyond tub) drops alot (1/4, 1/5 ish, as does Indycar.

Shaun;383273 said:
That would be 25KNm/deg and in reference to some heavily run worn out Indycar tubs I torsion tested :D F1 is stiffer than that, but installed stiffness (going beyond tub) drops alot (1/4, 1/5 ish, as does Indycar.
so that's about right.

2010 cayman s will have 320 hp and with PDK.i am waiting for it.die die have to own a porsche before i turn 40.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhaviewdepcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back