Changing car battery

DavidChen

Hi bros,

I have not change my car battery since more than 2 yrs then, it's time to change it but the mechanics say its not just changing battery like other car. Still need to reset the car system etc... Is it really so complicated meh? And the price almost 300 bucks..::fineprin: I never proceed since its complicated I will let MA do it when servicing due.

Can u share your experience thanks :uhhh:

Re: Changing car battery

DavidChen;1021541 said:
Hi bros,

I have not change my car battery since more than 2 yrs then, it's time to change it but the mechanics say its not just changing battery like other car. Still need to reset the car system etc... Is it really so complicated meh? And the price almost 300 bucks..::fineprin: I never proceed since its complicated I will let MA do it when servicing due.

just changed mine...............
not sure about programming.......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I think they just need to do a bypass to a standby battery and do the change out for u. That's all.

bro..what car u driving?

Last edited by a moderator:

2 years? oem battery should last at least 4 years.
if change back to oem battery, should last another 4 years.

DavidChen;1021541 said:
Hi bros,

Factory fitted battery really can last 4 years?! Lets see how long mine lasts.

Meek;1021568 said:

Positive...................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

DavidChen;1021550 said:
Can I just perform it at any battery shop?

Positive.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wt_know;1021564 said:
2 years? oem battery should last at least 4 years.
if change back to oem battery, should last another 4 years.

My battery already 30mths old... was thinking to call bmw mobilr service to change on the 14th before i go to PML onthe 15th for the battery positive cable recall works. So at the same time can ask them to code the battery for me... now knowing that it can last approx 4yrs....should i spend on a new battery then?

how old is your battery? if pass the 3.5 years mark ... that's ok to get a new battery
especially those who have aftermarket juiced up ICE ... just a assumption that high power ICE speed up the wear and tear of oem battery.

and also it's heng swee ... some oem battery could not pass the 3 years mark ... and if got error code better change immediately

Vansoh;1021576 said:
My battery already 30mths old... was thinking to call bmw mobilr service to change on the 14th before i go to PML onthe 15th for the battery positive cable recall works. So at the same time can ask them to code the battery for me... now knowing that it can last approx 4yrs....should i spend on a new battery then?

During registration make sure the specs of the battery and the cas setting is the same e.h the AH.

Just to share. I got my battery changed by PML mobile service 2 months ago. Cost about $280 all-in. My ride is 06 E60.

symbiosis;1021596 said:
Just to share. I got my battery changed by PML mobile service 2 months ago. Cost about $280 all-in. My ride is 06 E60.

What battery did they change for you?

Meek;1021568 said:

Mine is 4 years and still cranking strong. But I'll change at my next servicing just in case.

wt_know;1021579 said:
how old is your battery? if pass the 3.5 years mark ... that's ok to get a new battery
especially those who have aftermarket juiced up ICE ... just a assumption that high power ICE speed up the wear and tear of oem battery.

and also it's heng swee ... some oem battery could not pass the 3 years mark ... and if got error code better change immediately

My Dec 07 E90 is on the OEM (white colour BMW brand) battery dated 26/3/2011.

Looks like I should change my battery at MA. At least they sell me the right battery that can last me for 4 years. But Bro here mention OEM battery does it mean not from MA or PML?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u888uorg
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back