Clearing of Adaptation

Was amazed how the car 'shrunk' round you when I drove it briefly the other day. In terms of ride and handling, it drives very similar to a E34 M5. Suspension and chasis feel nice and solid while relatively heavy weight of steering and pedals really reminded me of the E34.

But the car we tried was a gen.1 car and edward was saying that your gen.3 software has much improved gearshifting for the transmission. Do you find it easy to change gears smoothly in your car?

PS. Great effort in keeping this thread relevant and OT at the same time! :thumbsup:

because conditions have changed... and clearing hastens the return to more aggressive ign timing. in the original post I mentioned that if you know that ambient conditions are favourable or that octane is raised, you can do it and chances are it will be benficial. the stock turbo system running raised boost on the stock intercooler..even with fairly good SG weather will not hold its fresh state. any fresh effect will be short lived.. till the next couple of boosts where heat soak comes in.

I also do not mean to discredit leonard, but the psychological factor is there as well. if it is quantifiable, quantify it with VAG COM log or do 4 back to back 1/4 mile runs, followed by a reset, followed by another 2 1/4 mile runs. The times will not be better on the 5th run before which the reset has taken place.

ECU may well revert instantly to retarded safe maps based on oil and coolant temps just sitting there.

les, i woudlnt know about simi software generation simi sai coz i havent found the key. it's hidden away. hehehhe

You mean you havent even driven the thing? Maybe we should arrange for a BMW.SG 'break-in' and steal the damn thing? :shock:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n666in1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back