COE biddings gone mad

Re: COE biddings gone mad

Terry;597055 said:
actually.... does high COE directly affect 2nd hand car prices?

i see alot of dealers taking chances to increase their prices... but not so much of direct owners

Hi Terry,

usually the case, got demand so price naturally goes upz!!! ( as buyer for new cars drop so used car boom )

cheers

Time to take care of current rides now. Cannot afford to change unless you strike toto.

pengful;597081 said:
Time to take care of current rides now. Cannot afford to change unless you strike toto.

Time for more Mods....................MTL

cheers

say bye bye to all the E46, E36 on the road...

think buy 2nd car is a better choice now.. unless u meet a cb dealer - MW say one

I love my car!

After I decided to take my car off the market, I spent quite abit of money to do up the car:

1. changed aircon compressor
2. flush aircon syste,
3. change battery
4. change starter motor
5. change bolt pipe for starter motor
6. flush gearbox oil and power steering oil

now my Yam5 drives like a new car.

And I still find F10 fugly. Irrelevant

Last edited by a moderator:

MW;597140 said:
I love my car!

After I decided to take my car off the market, I spent quite abit of money to do up the car:

1. changed aircon compressor
2. flush aircon syste,
3. change battery
4. change starter motor
5. change bolt pipe for starter motor
6. flush gearbox oil and power steering oil

now my Yam5 drives like a new car.

And I still find F10 fugly. Irrelevant

Talk so much. You want to dump your mistress but she has her tied to your balls. In the end, end up keeping and maintaining her. Yes, F10 is fugly. I agree..

Charting this makes no sense unless the underlying (COE) is a liquid "asset" freely tradeable.

In the case of COE, government intervention on forward quota skewed the supply, and the dealerships are not 100% reflective of true demand of COE - more of true demand of cars. In that sense, COE is at most a derivative of car demand.

One can at most gather a sense of momentum (or euphoria), not trend, not resistance or support levels - it is meaningless in that sense. [Hence the chart shows lots of steep gradient spikes and dips].

kenntona;597203 said:
Charting this makes no sense unless the underlying (COE) is a liquid "asset" freely tradeable.

In the case of COE, government intervention on forward quota skewed the supply, and the dealerships are not 100% reflective of true demand of COE - more of true demand of cars. In that sense, COE is at most a derivative of car demand.

One can at most gather a sense of momentum (or euphoria), not trend, not resistance or support levels - it is meaningless in that sense. [Hence the chart shows lots of steep gradient spikes and dips].

Having said that, I think most dealers are able to have access to more information that will allow them to ascertain the likely COE price for each car that would be bidded. And with that, they can play with even the OMV to squeeze out the last dollar. Not just PML, everyone.

Terry;597055 said:
actually.... does high COE directly affect 2nd hand car prices?

i see alot of dealers taking chances to increase their prices... but not so much of direct owners

if they greedy, COE go south, then they bleed and cry....

Funny thing is that i haven't heard of many people booking for cars, but the COE prices shoot up like property fever
has diverted to auto fever. Machiam like showroom got stampede etc ... so what's behind the all this

etan1;597264 said:
if they greedy, COE go south, then they bleed and cry....

so can i trade in my car to dealer for 1k more, their ans is "no lah brother, your car value no change mah, your coe also never go up wat! your scrap metal only worth like this lah"

the used car dealer thinks he is smart alek and we are dumb :naughty:

naan1974;597268 said:
so can i trade in my car to dealer for 1k more, their ans is "no lah brother, your car value no change mah, your coe also never go up wat! your scrap metal only worth like this lah"

naan1974;597268 said:
when u buy resale car from them "of course my cars expensive la, if not u go buy new car lor, the COE cannot come down liao la.. u calculate, the depreciation abt there right."

iScoupe;597276 said:
when u buy resale car from them "of course my cars expensive la, if not u go buy new car lor, the COE cannot come down liao la.. u calculate, the depreciation abt there right."

At last u show the Face of ur past avatar

So confusing, next time see Iscoupe will call him Kenn.

+1 .. each time when i read his post got confused it was post by kenn ... hehe

hoks;597291 said:
So confusing, next time see Iscoupe will call him Kenn.

kenntona;597203 said:

I'm with you on charting spot. However a COE forward index is 'model-able'. The demand of new COE is certainly observable. Implied volatility on demand of cars is probably available up to 1-3 months. Create the forward curve, trade on the basis and you might arbitrage. Except that you can't really make any gains out of this directly since COE is not traded but you can time your position of buy, hold, sell car to minimise depreciation cost and maximise your utility function of different rides or add value when you are a car seller like PML which bid for COEs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uk88menu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back