Collecting my New 320i LCI soon!

flwrs18

Hi Guys and Gals,

Have been reading info on this forum for many years haha!

And finally after many year decided its time to buy myself one!

Collecting my car end of the week and really looking forward to the whole BMW Ultimate Driving Machine experience!

The Colour for my new ride is Deep Sea Blue with all black interior with 17inches RFTs and V spoke alloys 285 ithink.

Actually my colour of choice was an Alpine White with saddle brown but wife decided at last minute to change colour 2 times! haha wife say wanna change so 'have' to agree haha

I am contemplating 2 brands of 19 inch rims namely the Breyton GTS and the BBS CH-Rs of which i have seen both. But silly me went to place a deposit on the GTS thenfound out its actually pretty weak structurally and has a higher tendency to crack. And I think my deal wasnt the best too.

BBS on the other hand really looks great but heavier so like to ask the seniors here on their views and opinions!

Many thanks and God Bless!:goodup:

Re: Collecting my New 320i LCI soon!

And like to ask the experts if the FC would be drastically affected if I chg my stock rims with RFTs to 19 inches.

I do understand that the org 17 inch rims are heavy plus with the added weight and discomfort of the RFTs my bring the over weight/ ride comfort factor close to the 19 inches haha!

And South East tyres actually gave me a special deal on the BBs CHR rims with Bridgestones S001 tyres whereas Ray s is equipping my GTS with Advan sport tyres any opinions with the 2 rubber types?

However if I were to chg my mind and get the BBS, would I possibly lose all my deposit?

And Breytons I read on forum LS is giving a better deal?

Pls help enlighten me bros and sis!

Many many thanks!

:chinese:

Oh and one point that got me was that the BBS Rims provided rim protection so safer for my pocket when the misses drives it when i am not ard haha

However, by the time I get my car to South east dont know if they still have promo set of CHRs haha...

My heart is with the BBS CH-Rs so nice but pocket with GTS for a slightly more agressive look and lighter weight so save petrol as well. but no rim protection and with the spokes protruding quite a bit could curb rash the beauty very easily...haiz

tough decisions...tough decisions...

Your kind advices pls:thinking:

flwrs18;643518 said:
Hi Guys and Gals,

Have been reading info on this forum for many years haha!

And finally after many year decided its time to buy myself one!

Collecting my car end of the week and really looking forward to the whole BMW Ultimate Driving Machine experience!

The Colour for my new ride is Deep Sea Blue with all black interior with 17inches RFTs and V spoke alloys 285 ithink.

Actually my colour of choice was an Alpine White with saddle brown but wife decided at last minute to change colour 2 times! haha wife say wanna change so 'have' to agree haha

I am contemplating 2 brands of 19 inch rims namely the Breyton GTS and the BBS CH-Rs of which i have seen both. But silly me went to place a deposit on the GTS thenfound out its actually pretty weak structurally and has a higher tendency to crack. And I think my deal wasnt the best too.

BBS on the other hand really looks great but heavier so like to ask the seniors here on their views and opinions!

Many thanks and God Bless!:goodup:

Hi flwrs,

Congrats and welcome onboard...........

* try other brands better as Breyton abit too many on the road.........
cheers

Congrats and WELCOME!

Yeah, Breytons looks awesome but it's really heavy though.

How about OZ ?? :)

Hello and welcome .......19s and RFT would be uncomfortable. Non RFT would be better. Breytons are heavy ........ but it does look nice.

Bro! If you are getting rid of your 17" wheels, I WANT THEM! Please PM me. I also just got a E90 LCI but mine is Style 339.

Welcome on board and congrats on your new toy!

Yes, try not to get RFTs as 19''s weigh probably half your car. :nehnehhh:
Breyton GTS is a nice design, but rather common.
but I do not have anything nice to say about RayS and the way they conduct their biz.
I would go to LS, Southeast or Hurry anytime.

But if you have already paid and will be getting the GTS, do nOt let our experiences taint your joy of new car n beautiful new shoes.
Enjoy n dun think too much.

Just remember dun get those rfts! B-)

like what bro AC323 mentioned, the roads pretty overkilled with bmws with breytons, alot of PI rims.
there are other choices such as BBS, Advan, BBS but it all depends on your budget and also how much the rim shop is giving for your stock rims n runflats.

Thanks brothers for the encouragement!

Really love the BBS CH-R haha but the thought of losing the 500 dep was kinda heart wrenching.

However short term pain better then long term suffering.

Ray S makaning my rims for 1.2k and south east tyres for 1.5k but of course rim sets at almost 1k diff haha.

Ray s also told me that breytons very light at 9kgs plus can any bros here confirm that?

The BBS CH-Rs the guy weighed and rim alone is about 11.4kg so not too heavy. Cos Ray s there no weighing scale and when i lifted it myself felt it wasnt much lighter then the CH-R maybe i should bring my own.

My tyres quoted by both are also for normal non-rft tyres haha.

My last choice is since ii have already placed deposit, I just top up chg normal non-rft tyres and set my new set on forum lo.

Like that also lighter, save fuel, car faster but only thing is not nice and lose out the brand-new tyres and rims trade in value...:thinking:

Maybe aft i collect car will go down to the area there to survey to see if South East still has the BBS/ Bridgestone tyres pkg.

Love the BBS rim my avatar and the rim protector haha!:cloud9:

Thks for the welcome Bro ac323!

3 yrs ago i own a coe 520i, in brilliant silver, love the car and colour to bits paint work is solid! car solid! performance ok to slightly sluggish but FC was horrendous!!! 5-6km/l!!! even with highway travel!

Every 2 days i rem pump once! half tank. didnt pump full cos didnt want to carry extra weight ard...

Car gave me a few minor probs like ac compressor, some wiring issues other then those, car was perfect had even bought 2nd hand 17 inch 523i rfts and drove up to kl avg 150km/h to 170km/h car was very stable!

Even wear and tear parts were cheap to replace!!! bout same as jap oem parts.

Love the solid thud when door is closed haha really solid like tank this car!

Now i finally got a proper one haha!:lol2:

Sorry for long long long posts brother pent up feelings from yester years...

flwrs18;643520 said:
And like to ask the experts if the FC would be drastically affected if I chg my stock rims with RFTs to 19 inches.

I do understand that the org 17 inch rims are heavy plus with the added weight and discomfort of the RFTs my bring the over weight/ ride comfort factor close to the 19 inches haha!

And South East tyres actually gave me a special deal on the BBs CHR rims with Bridgestones S001 tyres whereas Ray s is equipping my GTS with Advan sport tyres any opinions with the 2 rubber types?

However if I were to chg my mind and get the BBS, would I possibly lose all my deposit?

And Breytons I read on forum LS is giving a better deal?

Pls help enlighten me bros and sis!

Many many thanks!

:chinese:

Yes LS is MUCH MUCH CHEAPER for Breytons as compared to Ray-S, I got my 19" GTS from LS. Kelvin and Daniel at LS are friendly and helpful, they also carry VMR rims and lots of replicas too if you don't mind. Didn't like the attitude at Ray-S and the price quoted was exorbitant, so I just left without bothering to bargain. You may also want to visit Hurry tyres, they have a good range of rims for BMWs and prices are reasonable too.

As for the fear of scratching the wheels, LS provides repair service at $50 for each wheel. Workmanship and colour matching are quite good, i have been there to repair the GTS 3 times in less than a year... all thanks to the driving skills of the wifey... :)

Wherever you eventually get your rims, just don't go to Aik Hock at Serangoon North or Alan may tell you your stock rims are warped!

Thanks Skip!

Really appreciate the heads up haha!

Yup our wifey's driving skill have loads more to improve upon haha!

That said we still cant live w/o them :woottt:

She is my greatest blessing in this world!!!

Sorry got a little emo there...

However I also really really love the BBS CH-Rs whats your opinion on weight bet the 2 rims?

South east actually weight the BBs and it was 11.4kgs and when i lifted the Breytons it didnt seem like a rim that is 9kgs plus as proclaimed by Ray S.

Thanks Bro!

GTS 19" 9kgs plus? :lol2:the plus is abit extended version la .... it's probably 12kg (front) & 12.5kgs (rear) for staggered

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow that's heavy. I thought the Breytons were lighter! My current BMW style 187 17" is slightly under 10kg each.

wt_know;643915 said:
GTS 19" 9kgs plus? :lol2:the plus is abit extended version la .... it's probably 12kg (front) & 12.5kgs (rear) for staggered

Hi wt_know,

yes, GTS is around 9kg plus .......

cheers

I went for GTS...

Pros:
Cheaper than BBS
Looks great, especially on 19" (prefer it to BBS but this is really up to individual preference)

Cons:
GTS very common indeed
Made in China, but should be safe for street driving lah

Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups