Collecting my New 320i LCI soon!

Re: Collecting my New 320i LCI soon!

valjean;644041 said:
I went for GTS...

Pros:
Cheaper than BBS
Looks great, especially on 19" (prefer it to BBS but this is really up to individual preference)

Cons:
GTS very common indeed
Made in China, but should be safe for street driving lah

Enjoy!

Congrats on your new shoes, since when you changed it??????

* see you this Sunday..............
cheers

Hi, what about going for BBS RS-GT. I believe SE Tyres still have stocks for them. The dish looks good.

To all Senior bros with all your invaluable advice a million thanks!

So based on the staggard set up the breytons are indeed not light!!!

At 12/12.5kgs fr/rr its really heavy! And the BBS CH-Rs are just 11.4 fr/ prob 12kg rr.

only thing like one bro mention here is price:furious:

Will go LS to check it out if they can give better price and tyres pkg:)

Like to ask fellow bros here what is the average FC 320i on 17 and 19 inches...

Is FC significantly higher if we are on 19s?

Many thanks again for taking your time to read:)

Bros,

does the 320i LCI 'makan' engine oil as well?

i.e do we need to top up E.O during our first 1 - 5k mileage?

Heard E60 needs frequent top ups of E.O.

A little scary...and the thought of us driving a premium car and needing to do all this monitoring and top up initially sound a little C**** haha

During test drive I ask my SE and he told me the newer engines will not consume oil but his reply wasnt too convincing :thinking:

But well, still went ahead and bit the bullet!

Both are nice and will go well with the E90.

Personally I find the GTS spokes look more aggressive so I just went for it without bothering about the weight.

Hmm does the oem BMW hub cap fit in the BBS? :D

Thanks Dinosaur_hunter/ Skip!

Will go with my heart!

Btw is the ride on 19 inch tyres/ rims very harsh?

Compared with the stock RFTs?

Actually I rode in a friend's ride on 19" before. He had the m-sport suspension, so I can't really tell if the hard ride was really the tyres or suspension.

The only thing I didn't like was that the steering became very very heavy and was difficult to park. If you have servotronic in your specs, then it may be much easier now.

Thanks Bro Detach8!

Great Feedback! on the 19inches and the steering thingy is quite an impt consideration haha.

Thanks Bro!

detach8;644332 said:
Actually I rode in a friend's ride on 19" before. He had the m-sport suspension, so I can't really tell if the hard ride was really the tyres or suspension.

The only thing I didn't like was that the steering became very very heavy and was difficult to park. If you have servotronic in your specs, then it may be much easier now.
Steering heavy is good. Can drink coke wif both hand w/o holding on to steering wheel:thumbsup:

davidtch;644383 said:
Steering heavy is good. Can drink coke wif both hand w/o holding on to steering wheel:thumbsup:

Why do you need both hands to drink coke?? :huhhuh: Do you drink your coke from a big soup bowl?? :lol:

Anyway speaking from personal experience, i'm not sure about the E90 LCI but the E90 pre-LCI on 18" has heavier steering than the F10 on 19". As a result wifey is driving the F10 most of the time while I drive the E90.

Ride comfort wise, 19" GTS staggered on the F10 is somewhat similar to the stock 17" with RFT. Pick up seems better (butt feel) but no comments on consumption as I only drove the car on stock wheels for less than a week before swapping them for GTS.

YOM 2011 E90 should have servotronic (i.e. electronic variable assist) built in, those will have very light steering. If I am not wrong, even 318i since Q4 2010 already comes with servotronic. I'm talking about PML cars.

flwrs18;644264 said:
Thanks Dinosaur_hunter/ Skip!

Will go with my heart!

Btw is the ride on 19 inch tyres/ rims very harsh?

Compared with the stock RFTs?

Yes, if on 19" you will experience more "feedback" from uneven road. But it would not be too far off from stock 16" RFT. I'm still on stock suspension so it may not be so harsh as compare to those ride that has 19" wheels and on coilover. The excellent grip and looks from the 19" always put a smile on my face.

As for steering weight I cannot comment because when I first got my ride, I was telling myself "how come BMW steering so heavy even when on stock wheels?". After awhile I got used to it. When I put on 19" wheels my arms already numb to feel the difference. :thumbsup:

One downside is that your wallet will be much lighter when it's time to change tyres.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother Skip,

You are a blessed man indeed! U an F10 and E90 haha!

And Bros many thanks on the fantastic feedback! now I am really well informed to make an informed choice haha!

And like Bro Detach8 mentioned the only thing that is definately lighter is our wallets haha!!! else all things should be indifferent :thumbsup:

Lets just enjoy the looks, handling and JOY of owning our Ultimate Driving Machines!!! :dance:

Looks like more incline to GTS though common but cheaper haha looks great too.

So any bros/ bros friends here experience GTS cracking? Warping...and Ray S is giving 2 yrs warranty anyone here claimed that before?

:shakemyb:

detach8;644582 said:
YOM 2011 E90 should have servotronic (i.e. electronic variable assist) built in, those will have very light steering. If I am not wrong, even 318i since Q4 2010 already comes with servotronic. I'm talking about PML cars.

Bro my SE mentioned that mine is YOM 12/2010 u think it is equipped with servotronics?

And Still considering so hard to make a choice, only big diff is price man! GTS is much cheaper!

Any comments on the Yoko Advan Sport tyres and Bridgestone S001s?

Thanks in advance to all Senior Bros:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88rodeo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back