Coming 5 years old E60

Re: Coming 5 years old E60

christopher ngo;1095531 said:
My tranny jerk till i sibeh du lan recently, send it to our new sponsored workshop for replace mechatronic.
Now, my e60 is back to life again and almost new driving experience , not small money but it was worth.

Hello Christopher
Sorry to revisit your old post. Will be getting a 520i (year 200 eight) soon, so just wondering how much was the mechatronic replacement? Yours is the six speed AT , right? And what do you mean by "replace mechatronic"? Thanks in advance.
my used vehicle has 100k on it, so am budgeting for gearbox repairs, if any.

absalom;1110781 said:
Hello Christopher
Sorry to revisit your old post. Will be getting a 520i (year 200 eight) soon, so just wondering how much was the mechatronic replacement? Yours is the six speed AT , right? And what do you mean by "replace mechatronic"? Thanks in advance.
my used vehicle has 100k on it, so am budgeting for gearbox repairs, if any.

Mechatronic is a assembly of transmission lube oil control valve which look like a large size hard disk drive. It has few pcs of solenoid valve and a few pc of oil passage metal plate , mini piston and a pc card.
Some owner replace only solenoid valves and their gearchange jerky is solved, for my case, the ex owner never change tranny oil till 100k km...... all mini pistons inside mechatronic was badly worn put and some of them was already jam inside. So i have to replace the whole assembly. My car was 6 speed. You dont have to replace it first, my advise is drive down to your regular workshop and ask mechanic advise, some of the issue was solved after replace transmission oil and filter.

christopher ngo;1110941 said:
Mechatronic is a assembly of transmission lube oil control valve which look like a large size hard disk drive. It has few pcs of solenoid valve and a few pc of oil passage metal plate , mini piston and a pc card.
Some owner replace only solenoid valves and their gearchange jerky is solved, for my case, the ex owner never change tranny oil till 100k km...... all mini pistons inside mechatronic was badly worn put and some of them was already jam inside. So i have to replace the whole assembly. My car was 6 speed. You dont have to replace it first, my advise is drive down to your regular workshop and ask mechanic advise, some of the issue was solved after replace transmission oil and filter.

OK, got it. tranny control unit. Thanks.

Have spent more than $8k on repair and maintenance since taking over my 6 year old 520 over a space of 11 months.
From a summary point of view, is this considered reasonable or high cost for maintenance for this ride?

theboysact;1113012 said:
Have spent more than $8k on repair and maintenance since taking over my 6 year old 520 over a space of 11 months.
From a summary point of view, is this considered reasonable or high cost for maintenance for this ride?
Yes it is high compared to mine (touch wood)

theboysact;1113012 said:

It depends on what you repaired and replaced. But it looks a bit on the high side to me.

hi just posting to say i may have finish reading all threads pertaining to E60, exam time also not so hard working...hahahha

i was shown that my 5 LCI need not the transponder to be plugged into key slot in order to fire up. But it can only be done once where thereafter you need to plug in again and take it out to crank the engine.

seriously i dont see the logic and guess e60 is never meant to be a keyless Go.

hamburger;1116345 said:
i was shown that my 5 LCI need not the transponder to be plugged into key slot in order to fire up. But it can only be done once where thereafter you need to plug in again and take it out to crank the engine.

seriously i dont see the logic and guess e60 is never meant to be a keyless Go.
once the driver has slotted key fob into ignition 1 slot and start the car by pushing the start button, he can stop the engine, and remove the key fob from the slot.
thereafter, as long as don't open and close the drivers' door, you can restart the engine by just pushing the start button (ignition 2) even with the key fob not positioned into ignition (1) slot. (of course, you still need to step on the brake before pushing the button to start).

Last edited by a moderator:

absalom;1116423 said:
once the driver has slotted key fob into ignition 1 slot and start the car by pushing the start button, he can stop the engine, and remove the key fob from the slot.
thereafter, as long as don't open and close the drivers' door, you can restart the engine by just pushing the start button (ignition 2) even with the key fob not positioned into ignition (1) slot. (of course, you still need to step on the brake before pushing the button to start).

i suspect its for driver who wants to park their car straight again after they pulled out the fob..:thumbsup:

hamburger;1116438 said:
i suspect its for driver who wants to park their car straight again after they pulled out the fob..:thumbsup:

yes. also if you have a baby or maybe a pet dog in the car, you can take the key with you , leave the car running with aircon on and lock the doors with the key from the outside, when you go into the shop to buy bread.

one lame question on our headlight assembly:

1. headlights + hightbeam (outerside both )

2. Angel eyes (inner both) and i notice that the centre bore is hollow Anyone try to light it up before, or it is suppose to be this way?

hamburger;1116956 said:
one lame question on our headlight assembly:

1. headlights + hightbeam (outerside both )

2. Angel eyes (inner both) and i notice that the centre bore is hollow Anyone try to light it up before, or it is suppose to be this way?

Got photo?

anyone here changed the rear axle oil (castrol 75W90 @$55/bot).

I changed mine despite there is no outlet for it to flow out. In the end needed to suck it out and replenish with new one.

hamburger;1117642 said:
anyone here changed the rear axle oil (castrol 75W90 @$55/bot).

I changed mine despite there is no outlet for it to flow out. In the end needed to suck it out and replenish with new one.
Done that. Same process. Recommended to do when you change your gear box oil. To me, it make sense to change both concurrently.

cccc;1117666 said:
Done that. Same process. Recommended to do when you change your gear box oil. To me, it make sense to change both concurrently.

so yours needed to suck it out too as there was no bolt that can drain out the old oil?

hamburger;1117710 said:
so yours needed to suck it out too as there was no bolt that can drain out the old oil?

There is only 1 nut for drain and refill .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iqlancesolutions
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back