Cost for changing brake pads and brake disc and installation

Sexytoy

Hi All,

My front and back disc and pads are due for a change? Any idea how much is the installation cost to change it? I bought the parts from munich auto.

Re: Cost for changing brake pads and brake disc and installation

I am being charged $320 to $400 for labour and brake fluid for swapping a bbk with the stock brakes. I reckon just changing pads would be less than half of what I paid.

With GST ?

nextreal;906623 said:
I am being charged $320 to $400 for labour and brake fluid for swapping a bbk with the stock brakes. I reckon just changing pads would be less than half of what I paid.

Wow that is expensive... The last time i brought my friend to change his Audi RS rotor + pads only $50. Must get ready to kena chop when driving E66.

Even when I ask the agent(PA) how much they will charge to swap my RS6 BBK to stock, they quoted me 2hrs = $240.

BTW anyone upgraded the stock 730(324mm) brakes to 745/750(348mm) ones?

Red_Bean_Bun;906630 said:
With GST ?

Yes.

mambojumbo;906933 said:
Wow that is expensive... The last time i brought my friend to change his Audi RS rotor + pads only $50. Must get ready to kena chop when driving E66.

Even when I ask the agent(PA) how much they will charge to swap my RS6 BBK to stock, they quoted me 2hrs = $240.

Agreed. Most workshops I know will chop 7-series owners, including my regular audio shop (need 48m of speakers cable), paint workshop ($60 for spraying 2 small interior panels (10cm x 5cm and 1cm x 0.5cm), without removing them) and service workshop ($300 for Motul engine oil).

The one which quoted me $400 charged me only $200+ when I changed bbk on my Honda many years back (the bbk was bought from them). They also charged me $80 for changing my brake pads on my Citroen recently. But with my 7-series now, suddenly it's $400 for a bbk replacement that's directly bolted on.

I went for the $320 one, the cheapest of 4 places I enquired. The charge was for labour and 1 bottle of OWS brake fluid ($27?). The whole ordeal took 3 hours, including time for bleeding the brakes.

Guess that's the price to pay for driving this car.

Haha... 48m speaker cable! They must have send the audio signals to engine bay to warm it up, back to boot to cool down, then into speakers.

To be fair, there are 15 speakers. Excluding the coaxial ones, there are still 11 distinct locations. :)

Understand. Just paid $500+++++ to change spark plugs.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back