Creaks in E90

Re: Creaks in E90

My e90 is fast approaching 3 years and 40,000km. The past two years have been a tyranny of creaks, rattles and whirrs from the doors, seat belt reels and I think the aircon vent. I've now spent so much time in the waiting area at the service centre, I have my own favourite seat!

The doors were fixed pretty easily, and they removed and refitted the rear parcel shelf, but I've not been able to fix the rattling which I think is coming from the rear left seatbelt reel. Now the drivers seat belt 'clicks' in my right ear whenever I move even slightly (eg, steer, breathe, look in the mirrors...) which is driving me absolutely bonkers!

The dumb thing is, rattling windows that were never fixed in my e46 were the reason I changed to the e90. I've now learnt my lesson and have placed an order for an Audi.

I think all cars will have their fair share of problems or whatsoever. I was driving a jap sedan earlier and some minor creaks and rattles also popped up but were rectified after a few visits to the Authorised Distributor.

Audi is a nice car as well but I still prefer the bimmer for the driving experience it offers. Really nice handling I feel. But anyways congrats to your new car and I look forward to seeing you owning back a Bimmer in the future. :)

grahame;355817 said:
My e90 is fast approaching 3 years and 40,000km. The past two years have been a tyranny of creaks, rattles and whirrs from the doors, seat belt reels and I think the aircon vent. I've now spent so much time in the waiting area at the service centre, I have my own favourite seat!

The doors were fixed pretty easily, and they removed and refitted the rear parcel shelf, but I've not been able to fix the rattling which I think is coming from the rear left seatbelt reel. Now the drivers seat belt 'clicks' in my right ear whenever I move even slightly (eg, steer, breathe, look in the mirrors...) which is driving me absolutely bonkers!

The dumb thing is, rattling windows that were never fixed in my e46 were the reason I changed to the e90. I've now learnt my lesson and have placed an order for an Audi.

facing the same thing...pls share once u found a solution !

collect my ride on saturday and could hear the 3rd brakelight rattle liao.. grrr..

Got the same problem with my 3-mths old E90. Finally sent to Kg Arang and wanted to fix the friction tape but it took 1 day. The CSA that tested my car as if he was driving a SUV, going thru different levering road like nobody's business, and believed I've heard a scratching sound from my undercarriage while going thru 1 of those. Shot a complaint to PML. How to entrust the car to these people when they dun even bother to take care of it.......ai..damp suay to meet this CSA.

I have to say, i feel sorry for all your wives. How to live with a bunch of whingers like you all? OMG.

its a fuckin creak for fucks sake, get over it.

What made me laugh is PML put scotch tape on it and you are all happy, hahahahahaha. 2 cents worth of tape fixed it. 100k plus car, and you are satisfied with tape fixing it. THATS a band aid, NOT a fix.

you got conned

phil;366715 said:
I have to say, i feel sorry for all your wives. How to live with a bunch of whingers like you all? OMG.

What made me laugh is PML put scotch tape on it and you are all happy, hahahahahaha. 2 cents worth of tape fixed it. 100k plus car, and you are satisfied with tape fixing it. THATS a band aid, NOT a fix.

you got conned

+1 ...hahahahahaha...Phil I like you..

phil;366715 said:

you got conned

Yo Mr Phil,
Mock us, if you will
But if we pay 100k plus for a car,
Higher than your low standards, it has to be, by far.

Creaks are annoying, and very abnormal,
(Just like one's wife, when she's hormonal )
The car's SUPPOSED to be quiet, according to all the reviews,
Especially since its made by BMW

So to each his own, and let us complain
Most people would think, that its not lame
And... If we wanted creaky noises in our car,
We would have bought a Proton Saga... :nehnehhh:

but its a 2 cent fix. Rubber of course will creak when its dry. And they way some spoke, its like their world came to an end.

I know, but im in a shitty mood, so picking on this thread, cause to me, it would take me 1 minute to fix and never think of it again

Well, true.. but well, not everyone's noise comes from the door seals. Plus its not a 1 minute job. It involves sending down the car to PML and it'll take the entire day before you get your car back. That, plus having to endure the annoying creak for the past few months before you find time to bring it down....

Ps- Why lousy mood leh? Friday is almost here.... :p

no, i mean i would do it myself in 1 minute, no need to go to PML.

oh yes, I was standing on the ledge of the 40th storey of a HDB flat in SIngapore. Almost jumped down to end my life....The Reason? Creaking sounds in my E90 and how it was "fixed" using a Band Aid and also being a constant irritant to my wife......by being a whiner..... I should end my life and stop being a menace to the rest of the world....oh....goodbye.......:lol2:

Oh BTW don mind me cos I was having some mood swings and decided to vent my fustrations in this thread....oh I vented in my own thread....oh well....:nehnehhh:

Kenzo;356463 said:
collect my ride on saturday and could hear the 3rd brakelight rattle liao.. grrr..

alamak my bro here oso got rattles.

when on smooth road, no rattles but the moment i hit bumpy stretch, so many sounds until i dunno where to start looking :angry: looks like national day is going to be find the rattle day :furious:

the creaks are a common problem. they taped my door frame as well. at the time they said BMW is redesigning the rubber seals. as soon as the new ones arrived, they will call me to remove the tapes and replace the new rubber seals.

that was 2.5 years ago..... !

i dont think it is about bitching. we all know other cars, especially when new, do not have this problem. even hyundai, honda, toyotas... i can say because i owned them before and now.

let us not so naively buy into the "sheer driving pleasure" tagline that the car is so well designed for one purpose and that is driving it therefore all other shortcomings do not count.

Hi,

I went to PML about this window rattling problem yesterday. They replaced all the window rubber seals. Its a known problem. Now, the rattling is gone. Satisfied with the job.

goateespeedy;369600 said:
Hi,

I went to PML about this window rattling problem yesterday. They replaced all the window rubber seals. Its a known problem. Now, the rattling is gone. Satisfied with the job.

Window rattling prob? Meaning all the creaks and squeaks when U go thru humps and/or subject the car body to a torsional twist while driving it? Changed all rubber seals sounds much better than the anti friction tapes :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unshortennet1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back