Damn it !!! Got hit from at the rear !!!

matrock

had a bad day man.... while driving home after a nice dinner at chilis with my family, got hit by a subaru...driver is a 27 yr old young man with gf. Was cruising along kim seng road ,at the 3rd lane from the left ( e road is with 5 lanes ) ,Suddenly this car came crushing into me from the rear right...( lucky my baby and wife sitting at the rear was alright ) I didnt see it coming at all...
we stop in front of Tribeca to access the damage. I ask him what he was trying to do ! He said, " i dont know...i just turn out from great world carpark "...( in my mind, he should have turn right into the right most lane, and NOT cutting straight into the middle lanes ! ) We took photos and exchange details, and i ask if he wants to pay me cash or we juz go to claim by ourselves. Seeing his own damaged...he prefer to claim insurance.

My rear bumper and rear fender have to be replaced or respray , and Racinghart rim defintely have to be replace. Normally in this situation what will u guys do ?

1.) report to my insurance co. and wait for them to assign workshop ? ( which i prefer not to because recently i just renewed my insurance with very very high Excess cuz im letting go my e60 soon...so i opted for cheaper premiums,high excess....2ndly ,i dont trust other workshops )

2.) or go straight to my prefered workshop and let him make do 3rd party claim for me without going to my own insurance ? ( this might not be good also cuz that fellow might play punk and turn around to claim my insurance instead ,hence if i dont report to my own insurance co., i might be the guilty party )

Here are the pics... It seems my rim took all the impact from the crashed. THat subaru is destroyed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Damn it !!! Got hit from at the rear !!!

surprisingly subaru driver claim... i think his next premium maybe can fix up the car

*go buy 4D 6162*

Hi there,
Hope u and yr family r more settled by now. Sorry to hear, must hve been quite a shock. Not sure if it's wise to report to yr own insurance company. If Fault is clearly not yours. Fr yr pics, it's obvious u got hit, scrapped from behind, 2 a slight angle, yr rear right. In normal circumstances, most fault lies with rear driver, unless they contested and say u braked suddenly.which cld be a bit troublesome...more time consuming..

Understandably, concern's next yr's NCD and premium's loading...

Was thinking, since u hve exchanged details with the young driver, maybe u hve captured his insurer's details. I would personally prefer not to alert my own insurer and but would instead, claim directly from his insurer. I would most probably insist on my own workshop as well for 2 main reasons, 1 )make and model ; 2) familiarity / speciality (Bimmer?!). In the first plc, it's wasn't my fault, why should I go to the other party's workshop, whom I hve no idea of quality and control. If I didn't remember wrongly, it's only if I claim from my own insurance company, that I would hve to go to designated workshops by insurers.

...Tot I would jus share my minute experience with u...got hit directly into my right rear door last year by a Volvo. His car nothing..my rear right door bended in...

...anyway, went to agent directly, I would not consider any other plc to touch my car, got him to pay for everything...including my car rental, for a week...with same make and model..I would not drive other car.. He does not wan me to claim his insurance. It was alright then. We r friends now even..8)

I'm sure all will be well with your case.. Great day..

God Bless..

sin wee chuan.....

yeah, go SWC Mike. He will help you claim all the way.
if not, go back to pml (if warranty is over, no point)
report to your insurance is a must to protect yourself. as long as there is no claim against you, reporting to your own insurance is just for record filing only

Terry;604570 said:
sin wee chuan.....

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a similar case last year when my car was 4 months old.... Not so straight forward as this is from the side.

PM me with your contact if you like to talk.

Chocs;604566 said:
Hi there,
Hope u and yr family r more settled by now. Sorry to hear, must hve been quite a shock. Not sure if it's wise to report to yr own insurance company. If Fault is clearly not yours. Fr yr pics, it's obvious u got hit, scrapped from behind, 2 a slight angle, yr rear right. In normal circumstances, most fault lies with rear driver, unless they contested and say u braked suddenly.which cld be a bit troublesome...more time consuming..

Understandably, concern's next yr's NCD and premium's loading...

Was thinking, since u hve exchanged details with the young driver, maybe u hve captured his insurer's details. I would personally prefer not to alert my own insurer and but would instead, claim directly from his insurer. I would most probably insist on my own workshop as well for 2 main reasons, 1 )make and model ; 2) familiarity / speciality (Bimmer?!). In the first plc, it's wasn't my fault, why should I go to the other party's workshop, whom I hve no idea of quality and control. If I didn't remember wrongly, it's only if I claim from my own insurance company, that I would hve to go to designated workshops by insurers.

...Tot I would jus share my minute experience with u...got hit directly into my right rear door last year by a Volvo. His car nothing..my rear right door bended in...

...anyway, went to agent directly, I would not consider any other plc to touch my car, got him to pay for everything...including my car rental, for a week...with same make and model..I would not drive other car.. He does not wan me to claim his insurance. It was alright then. We r friends now even..8)

I'm sure all will be well with your case.. Great day..

God Bless..

thanks for your concern ! my family is fine ..
THis morning , the Subaru driver called and finally decide to settle privately,
( he made a wise choice )

Terry;604570 said:
sin wee chuan.....
yea, going down to him today to access the damaged !

wt_know;604575 said:
yeah, go SWC Mike. He will help you claim all the way.
if not, go back to pml (if warranty is over, no point)
report to your insurance is a must to protect yourself. as long as there is no claim against you, reporting to your own insurance is just for record filing only
warrant over ,but even if its not...i also wont go back to them..lol....

etan1;604580 said:
I had a similar case last year when my car was 4 months old.... Not so straight forward as this is from the side.

PM me with your contact if you like to talk.
thanks dude, the driver called to confirm he want private settlement....asking him to send me a black and white now .

matrock;604592 said:
thanks dude, the driver called to confirm he want private settlement....asking him to send me a black and white now .

Documentation is very important. If possible, get him to pay after accessing damage, direct to your selected workshop so that you are not perceived to "profit" from this incident.

1 word of caution, read the fine print in the insurance schedule. There are some who requires report even when there is private settlement.

Better report and claim insurance to cover yourself since you are not at fault. This type of "slippery" young driver will tell anything to cover themselves. I have heard of cases like this when the one at fault claimed that he was "being reversed into"...

Good luck.

Get a front camera and a back one if you can once this is settled.

Since not a straight case, report to your insurance anyway and then go to workshop and see if they want to do a third party claim for you. otherwise you have to do the repair first either from pocket or through insurance claim on your side.

davidtch;604611 said:
1 word of caution, read the fine print in the insurance schedule. There are some who requires report even when there is private settlement.

just met him , collected cash and and have signed a official private settlement agreement, and his quite sorry about this..so i guess this ordeal is closed......

by the way, i heard insurance for STI' will be over 10k if kana accident before...so i guess he had done his homework.

Ultimatedriver;604681 said:
Get a front camera and a back one if you can once this is settled.

Since not a straight case, report to your insurance anyway and then go to workshop and see if they want to do a third party claim for you. otherwise you have to do the repair first either from pocket or through insurance claim on your side.

yea, thinking of getting a korean brand camera ,their office is at IMM ...cant remember the brand, but im not going to install on this e60, will be fixed on my new ride instead...

Sorry to hear such incident,most important your family is fine
You shd claim from other insurance not your own
look at the bright side at least now u can change a new bumper(if hit from the back)
Hope it can settle asap

Regardless of private settlement I think u r required to inform ur insurer.

I just visited GWC yesterday and I have to admit that when you exit towards KIM SENG ROAD, it's dangerous.

There's a blind spot, I have to slow down and turn my body to check before moving off.

andy_sg;605809 said:
I just visited GWC yesterday and I have to admit that when you exit towards KIM SENG ROAD, it's dangerous.

There's a blind spot, I have to slow down and turn my body to check before moving off.

Yup, have to exit really carefully and slowly.....otherwise this thread will continue stretch longer

BMW body so strong one ah, I see the Subaru bodywork dent in here and there, like use scrap metal to build the body de. All Japanese cars have such weak body?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333wincomco
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back