Decision: K&N or GruppeM

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
This decision is more crucial than getting the next job:lol2: . So hiadees, which one for the e92 335i.

K&N drop in filter(price about $150+:confused: )

or

GruppeM Cold Air Intake system(about $2750:screwedu: )

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

Re: Decision: K&N or GruppeM

You know my answer, Beng.

Cant find any good ideas from E90post so asking here lor. gruppeM, some say loose a bit of low end torque but boost the mid to high end. Some say good heat insulation so air can be quite 'cold', which is what we want. However, some say hardly any effect, just like having a better audio system when u fire up the engine.

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

i guess i wld say that the little bit of "extra" u get, isn't really worth $2750.... but that's just me.... i just plonk in K&N drop in filter

Mockngbrd;287138 said:
i guess i wld say that the little bit of "extra" u get, isn't really worth $2750.... but that's just me.... i just plonk in K&N drop in filter

Lets say we forget the price for a while, what is this "extra"?

ABD, this is up to individual. Some peoples mod for the performance, some for the look. some peoples put in Gruppe M because they like the sound.
The fact is Gruppe M also use K & N filter, so what do you think? As for myself, I heard so much about Gruppe M, out of curiosity I go for it. kekeke !

Jadis;287143 said:
ABD, this is up to individual. Some peoples mod for the performance, some for the look. some peoples put in Gruppe M because they like the sound.
The fact is Gruppe M also use K & N filter, so what do you think? As for myself, I heard so much about Gruppe M, out of curiosity I go for it. kekeke !

Oh:) , so gruppeM = K&N + CF kavlar + etc....:laughlik: . hmmm......:juggle:

I am modding for performance bro.

I prefer the sound from intake (especially the sound from the ramp pipe) rather than the sound from the exhaust. So again, up to individual !

Wah does it mean then if u have gruppeM + exhaust(eg Eisenmann) then it will sound like Linkin Park live in concert?

GruppeM la...anyway it uses KNN filter also.

u want loud sound, do GruppeM, Decat headers, take out resonators, Eisenmann muffler.
can set off other car alarms.

Ahbengdriver;287161 said:
Wah does it mean then if u have gruppeM + exhaust(eg Eisenmann) then it will sound like Linkin Park live in concert?

1. ppl at bus stop will turn to look at u
2. ur neighbours hate you
3. ur parents think u waste money
4. brother here worship u
5. tp chase after you
6. KBS loves you
7. japanese cars challenge you

anymore?

5. tp chase after you
6. KBS loves you
8. Set off other people car alarms
9. Parents or old people will think your car spoilt
10. Yr car loses refinement
11. You change car as a result

beng..change exhaust first lor....may be exhuast alone you think is too loud liao...

hetraa;287194 said:
5. tp chase after you
6. KBS loves you
8. Set off other people car alarms
9. Parents or old people will think your car spoilt
10. Yr car loses refinement
11. You change car as a result

confirmed parents and wife will complain....
but may be mistress will like... :nehnehhh:

Ahbengdriver;287161 said:

Not really, but the TP may like to say hello to you and possibly your wife wouldn't like it either.

i agree with hitmee. Change to a quad exhaust from supersprint or Eisenmann. Got looks and sound. I'm thinking between exhaust, gruppeM, or just K&N. i think bery long liaoz but still no action cause i no $$. If i got $$ i go exhaust:nehnehhh:. OT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back