Deep scratch on my side skirt

Hon

Due the last night heavy rain and low visibility, I hit the parking curb while parking. The underside to the side of the side skirt is deeply scratched.

Can some bro advice how and where can I get it fixed. Will the patching causes colour differ to the body paint work? Should I replace the side skirt, do they come in 1 side only? By the way, it's a montego blue. Please advice and thanks.

Re: Deep scratch on my side skirt

bro,

go check with the following, Mike will be able to assit you.

Sin Wee Chuan (Mike)
Blk 3021A Ubi Road 1 #01-40
Tel: 91074888

cheers,​

1stly, is the damaged very obvious? cos most ppl won't bother much if its not that bad or visible. as for touching up, what u can do is to get a workshop to dismantle the skirt (assuming non-riveted), putty up and sand down the affected area and respray the whole thing. colour shouldn't differ alot but do bear in mind that the "newly resprayed" part would look fresher than the rest of the car by a bit.
hope that helps bro

Wow.. Helps come fast in the forum. Thanks very much. Later I go check is the damage obvious from the side view. Can't see properly with poor lighting on a stormy day now.

Derek Png;394149 said:
bro,

go check with the following, Mike will be able to assit you.

Sin Wee Chuan (Mike)
Blk 3021A Ubi Road 1 #01-40
Tel: 91074888

cheers,​

yea, he can make ur skirt look exactly the way it was. color mismatch is not an issue! i only use him to do paint job on my car. very attentive and not bossy to everyone!

for something so minor...i will go angie. cheaper too. nothing is too deep for angie.

Hon;394146 said:
Due the last night heavy rain and low visibility, I hit the parking curb while parking. The underside to the side of the side skirt is deeply scratched.

Can some bro advice how and where can I get it fixed. Will the patching causes colour differ to the body paint work? Should I replace the side skirt, do they come in 1 side only? By the way, it's a montego blue. Please advice and thanks.

I have a pair of stock sideskirts for sale. Sapphire black. Removed when my car was 2 days old. PM me if u keen.

Mike just did my side skirts, very fast , quality is very good plus very easy to deal with.

No regrets and highly recommended

Hon;394146 said:

underside? if its not obvious no need to repair... save the money man...

but if u really need...i highly recommend mike...

Looking at it again just now, its not so obvious, only a small portion at near to the rear wheel well show the scratch at the side. Maybe just live with it until I cannot take my mind off it. Thanks everyone for the input. Will keep mike in my sos list if I still get sleepless night. :)

Hi, I'm thinking of getting my scratch on sideskirt out too. Can you enlighten me on how much you paid for your repair?

My scratch is about a foot long.... :-(

nasty204;394245 said:
Mike just did my side skirts, very fast , quality is very good plus very easy to deal with.

No regrets and highly recommended

Oh sorry if my post was not clear.

I bought a new set of M-Aero sideskirts from Mike, the price includes a pair of side skirts plus painting and installation.

tom_ting;394171 said:
yea, he can make ur skirt look exactly the way it was. color mismatch is not an issue! i only use him to do paint job on my car. very attentive and not bossy to everyone!
hear alot about Mike. What does he sell or do per say?

Thanks,

nasty204;395049 said:
Oh sorry if my post was not clear.

I bought a new set of M-Aero sideskirts from Mike, the price includes a pair of side skirts plus painting and installation.

That's an interesting idea! How much did you pay for all this? If reasonable I can consider upgrading :)

have sent you a pm

sorry you still cannot accept pm.

For the pricing I guess its best to give Mike a call, he is listed in Workshop and Help section , its better that way .

Is ur ride E60? Hope so as I have a spare brand new set of side skirts, can give you a very special price.

Cheers

nasty204;395168 said:
sorry you still cannot accept pm.

For the pricing I guess its best to give Mike a call, he is listed in Workshop and Help section , its better that way .

Is ur ride E60? Hope so as I have a spare brand new set of side skirts, can give you a very special price.

Cheers

I was a member a while back, but completely forgot my login, so only re-registered. that's why no pm yet :-(

yes, it's a 2004 E60. Silver grey. Not sure if I'm really in need of new skirts; unless it's a gift. heheh! but how much would you consider selling for?

An original M-Aero side skirts will usually cost more than S$900 including painting and installation. Since mine is not painted , the best I can do is S$350.

Let me know.

Thanks

nasty204;396175 said:
An original M-Aero side skirts will usually cost more than S$900 including painting and installation. Since mine is not painted , the best I can do is S$350.

Let me know.

Thanks

OK thanks for the offer. I will consider :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab77media
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back