Deplorable Service from Performance Motors

PewPewPew

Guys, am sure that the topic of poor service has been debated to death in these forums. I have experienced it first hand and i wish to share with all my compliant lodged with Wendy Heng, Head of Customer Relations and Dennis Lim, Head of Alexandra Workshop.

I've noticed that there isnt a customer service link on the PML website, maybe it was overused.

If you know other avenues i can escalate this matter to PML or BMW, pls share.

Thanks and happy reading

To Whom it May Concern,

I write to register my expressed displeasure with the deplorable after-sales service meted out by of PML and its Service Assistants on 2 separate occasions.

1) In December of 2010, my faulty radio and reverse indicators prompted me to send my vehicle to PML at Alexandra Rd for a check; my case was taken up by your SA ,Singa. The service I received was less than satisfactory – Feedback on the status of my vehicle was never proactively provided to me, instead I had to constantly check in on any development. To add to this, it was/is extremely difficult (or practically impossible) to get through the after sales hotline of 63190111 ext. 3. My car was all fine apparently and given the all clear.

2) Just a month later, more severe problems surfaced affecting the ECU, central locking system, windows and indicator lights. I sent the car in a second time and a new SA, Anthony Lim, was assigned to me. I received 4 E-Vouchers as compensation for the inconvenience caused while Anthony offered to pick my car up from work as I expressed that it was difficult for me to make a trip down to PML. I was impressed at this point and was hopeful that I was to receive satisfactory service this time.

3) Anthony made an appointment for a driver to come get my car at 9am, I promptly agreed. Under the assumption that PML would ensure the punctuality of the driver, I confidently accepted a meeting with a client at 1030am. Imagine the inconvenience (and possibly reputational damage) caused when the driver was late in collecting the car at 1015am. I was made to rush to the meeting which I was late for.

4) I waited patiently for a call from Anthony informing me that my car was in good hands. When I still did not receive a call 4 hours later, I called in to the service hotline to register my displeasure. It was only at 230pm that I received a call from Anthony telling me he had my car and was taking a look at it. I could not believe that half the day had gone and no one even made the effort to look at my car or at least inform me that the workshop was overwhelmed. Well, at least late than never – that was what I thought.

5) At 415pm, Anthony called to inform me that the keys had been locked in the car after they left they keys in– this was despite the fact that the reason why my car was in the workshop in the first place was due to a faulty central locking system! I was made to inconvenience my fiancé for the spare key which was collected at 5pm. At this point, the whole day had passed without any action taken to my car. The diagnostics had not been run and no one was able to give me any explanation. I might as well have sent in the car the next day when the workshop and service staff were better equipped.

6) Three days had passed and to my delight I received an SMS at 945am to inform me that repairs to my car were done and that I could collect it after 11am. I received a missed call from Anthony and prompted called back; as usual, no one answered. I made my way to PML at 1230pm and was constantly trying to reach Anthony to tell him to get my car ready for me. Anthony did not answer until several failed attempts later. Anthony proudly informed me that my car was not ready as his manager wanted to personally ensure my car was good to go. I told him that I received a text informing me to collect my car, however, he nonchalantly brushed it off insisting that his manager wanted to test the car. There was never an apology, just a flakey statement that my car would be delivered to me and that he had forgotten to inform the workshop to not text me that the car was ready. I wasted $13.40, and 30mins of precious time during lunch on an extremely busy day. This was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I am extremely unhappy with the level of service rendered to the point that I have taken valuable time to write this rather exhaustive email. I am under no illusion that continental cars are (arguably) plagued by more technical issues than their Japanese counterparts. I also do not have qualms about spending time taking the car to the workshop. This is part and parcel of owning a car. What I do take issue with is the poor after-sales service provided by a premium (again arguably) official sales agent such as Performance Motors.

A) PML should always assume that its clients work on a very tight schedule of meetings and appointments, this is a reasonable assumption given your target demographic of executives and accomplished individuals. As such, PML should always be mindful of wasting its clients’ time.

B) PML’s sales hotline has been found to be sorely lacking. I feel that it is shameful that your clients have to wait 20mins to get through to a service agent (if even at all)

I am under the impression that PML has gotten complacent over the years that they have enjoyed strong sales as the leading luxury marque- this is reflected in the way they treat their clients, with flagrant and utter disregard. PML should be mindful that other marques are making a concerted effort to stamp their presence in Singapore. In 2010, Audi’s sales gains have far exceeded that of BMW in Singapore, I would like to think that management in PML is aware of this and are working their level best to out-strategize its close competitor.

I own an Audi and up till now I was under the impression that Premium Auto provided poor after-sales service, however, PML has set a new low for poor service. I think I will call my Audi SA to commend them on their (comparably) impeccable level of attention.

Regards,

Re: Deplorable Service from Performance Motors

Sorry to hear your plight. I have heard a lot of rants about BMW and that's why I didn't put my money on it.

I'm an Audi driver and pleased with their service so far.

How old is your BMW ride?

Bro sad to hear that.. Seems like alot of problem with pml service

With the number of cars PML put on the road - I am not surprised that they are overwhelmed.

Almost every turn I see a BMW on the road. But the number of service centres did not increase - not surprised about that as it could be viewed as a cost centre as opposed to a revenue centre as once the warranty is over many owners would look to other workshops for servicing and repairs.

So my take is that - it's possible that they do not see themselves investing more into their service centres at this jucture in time - so the service standards would continue to degrade over time assuming sales continues to grow as investments in their servicing area is not happening............

Anyway as with any distributor - quality is controlled and monitored by their principal. Write to BMW Asia. It should get you some attention........

Last edited by a moderator:

Well written, should be able to catch their attention.

If a chin chye person like me cannot tolerate PML, they really fail. Not in all aspects to be fair, but they do fail in many aspects where people at least expect them to deliver a minimum level of service.

Though some customers are undoubtedly picky, having so many complaints against them also cannot be right.

They think they are big and pocket is deep, so don't care about complaints. They maybe should learn that last time dinosaurs also rule the earth, maybe even along Alexandra Road area also.

1. sales volume increase = many new cars = under warranty, must go back to pml for servicing
2. due to high coe , many old bimmers are not deregistered. and for some, they die die want to go back to pml for servicing even warranty is over.

pml is definitely FLOODED with cars for servicing, warranty claim & repair, accident repair, etc

they have all the "nice" service like hotline, onsite pickup, voucher, sms reminder and what have you
but their service (in term of managing customer expectation) and technical competency cannot make it ... like old saying "got look niah, no substance"

i imagine the situation will continue to worsen because there are even more bimmer sold in 2010 and with high coe more conti car will be sold including used car and some die die will go to pml for servicing after warranty because they are mistaken the "best"

many have escalated already from BMW Asia to BMW AG
i imagine PML and BMW Asia are popping champagne to celebrate all year high record sales
any "deplorable" experience is assumed an isolated incident and it's < 1% of their XX,XXX non complaint customers :laughing:

PewPewPew;607278 said:
If you know other avenues i can escalate this matter to PML or BMW, pls share.

did anyone tried writing to the press?

As long as front sales desk still bringing in big bucks (though mainly based on the product/brand itself), PML is unlikely to improve support services quality (i.e. via increasing support resources). Unless:
- they ganna big big legal case, news splash big big over papers' front page; or
- the management attain enlightenment while watching tomorrow's premier of 新少林寺。

i too got a F***up service frm them last mth... too long to write n was extremely disapointed by them. After all the rectification, the explaination gvn frm them was "we were sorry as we didnt know that your car is the latest N55 engine........" WTF n i dun believe they can stil tell me ths.
To those bro drivg the N55 or others pls make sure u highlight to them wat car is it u driving hor....., if not they Nah Beh anyhow change wrong parts or update wrong software.:screwedu:

this is UNACCEPTABLE !
like order laksa receive mee siam ... somore no HUM !!! :lol:

Nah Beh anyhow change wrong parts or update wrong software

Worst..order laksa get mee siam and with hum!!!

wt_know;607334 said:
this is UNACCEPTABLE !
like order laksa receive mee siam ... somore no HUM !!! :lol:

Alexxx;607324 said:
did anyone tried writing to the press?

Sure to get response.

R335;607332 said:
i too got a F***up service frm them last mth... too long to write n was extremely disapointed by them. After all the rectification, the explaination gvn frm them was "we were sorry as we didnt know that your car is the latest N55 engine........" WTF n i dun believe they can stil tell me ths.
To those bro drivg the N55 or others pls make sure u highlight to them wat car is it u driving hor....., if not they Nah Beh anyhow change wrong parts or update wrong software.:screwedu:

Shocking! :slaphead:

Ordering and post-delivery different lah...... after you finish the laksa, they will not even bother if you ask for some tissue paper.......

What are the options? Dun eat laksa, must eat mee siam? Can go somewhere else and eat laksa?

Hello all,

I've escalated this thread to PML's management and they're looking into the issue with immediate effect.

For those who are having other problems - you can drop me a PM detailing your car's issue, with your name, IC, contact # and vehicle number. I won't promise anything but I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks.

It's a nice gesture from you. But there are so many out there with problems and may not know that there is such a forum to express their woes. How many will you be able to help?
The root problem is with the PML. Case by case management is not workable.

Hope you won't be offended.

FYI guys

It's really getting from bad to worst...

Got a call from Dennis yesterday at 5pm yesterday while I was trading... Told him to call back... I have still not rcved a call
The sa has not called me to explain what went wrong and what was done
I did not get a written report from them

I amend my statement that NOW pml standards have reached new lows.. Can it get lower guys? Wanna make a market on it?

I resent another follow up complaint.

Pml treats it's client badly cos they feel they have the upper hand. They have already made their money and after sales is just something extra they need to deal with.

Most of the time they encounter clients who can't be arsed to fight the case. However, once in a while they meet a buyer who is pissed off enough.

In my defense I do not think I am demanding by any stretch of the word. I have never demanded for a replacement car, freebies or other kick backs. I just want to be accorded with the basic decency every consumer deserves- respect

To Whom it May Concern,

I suppose my displeasure has not struck a chord on the severity of which I view the situation.

1) I received a call from Dennis last evening. However, as I was busy with work I requested for him to call back. 3 missed calls and 1 voice message later, I’ve still been left waiting
2) The SA, Anthony Lim, has yet to give me a call to explain what went wrong and what was done to the car
3) I did not receive a service report
4) It’s been 20hours since I sent the complaint

I have posted my complain on the unofficial BMW Singapore Forums and have come to a realization that my incident was by no means isolated. There are numerous other posts commenting on the quality (or lack thereof) of PML’s after-sales service.

I have on hand an email to the editor of the Straits Times describing my unhappy experience. So far, I am still of 2 minds on hitting the send button as I feel that PML could and should rise to the occasion, please don’t disappoint me.

I am copying a wider audience of BMW Asia and BMW Headquarters as I am afraid that this might sneak past detection and be swept under the rug.

Thanks and regards,

Yeah time to exercise the customer's right and ensure when you order laksa, you get laksa and if they threw in hum for free (with your permission) then we should give them due credit else bang table or like someone here hinted why not go to next shop for laksa.

Mayb u can email to CEO of BMW directly.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back