Deplorable Service from Performance Motors

Re: Deplorable Service from Performance Motors

think u can get better service from our site sponsor workshops...hehe

order laksa, laksa with hum it is !!! not mee siam mai hum !!! :lol2:
sorry for OT

feel bad for TS and i believe general misconception of pml service is "up there" is quite wide
my friend who drive jepun ride say he see the Lexus customer service is very good. he tell me wah your car is BMW leh, so your service must be tok kong hor :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Guardian;607380 said:
It's a nice gesture from you. But there are so many out there with problems and may not know that there is such a forum to express their woes. How many will you be able to help?
The root problem is with the PML. Case by case management is not workable.

Hope you won't be offended.
Nah - never offended.

There's only so much i can do for the members of this community. I'm not affiliated with PML or BMW Asia, however they do know of such issues being posted and I leave it up to them on how to handle it from there onwards.

we are BMWSG...hear us Roar!!!

think the BMW folks will respond lah since we got such a lively thread going on here...haha

I know my post will stand a high chance of being deleted.....

Sometimes I wonder how the head of customer services can retain her job for so long, -------- edited by ryan ------------

I was also told by some reliable sources that PML/BMW ASIA had engaged a reputable service-improvement consultant with a desperate attempt to up their sevice level some time back, but frankly I dont see what has been improved. I think PML is a company with no accountability,....just like TehMahShake if you all know what I mean.

Ahbengdriver;607449 said:
I know my post will stand a high chance of being deleted.....

Sometimes I wonder how the head of customer services can retain her job for so long, -------- edited by ryan ------------

I was also told by some reliable sources that PML/BMW ASIA had engaged a reputable service-improvement consultant with a desperate attempt to up their sevice level some time back, but frankly I dont see what has been improved. I think PML is a company with no accountability,....just like TehMahShake if you all know what I mean.
ABD,

I edited your post. Do watch what you say since it borders on libel. I welcome opinions and to keep the conversation open, but this thread is under scrutiny.

Thanks.

Let's start voicing all our misgivings about PML,make this thread 100 pages long and go fully naked in public (ST forum, mycarforum, car magazines etc). They will start shytting in their pants. :lol2:

ryan;607433 said:
Nah - never offended.

There's only so much i can do for the members of this community. I'm not affiliated with PML or BMW Asia, however they do know of such issues being posted and I leave it up to them on how to handle it from there onwards.

Without any wish to stoke tempers further here, I think these are just examples of fundamental problems one faces when servicing or repairing with PML.

Only on the simplest of servicing jobs (like a straight oil change) there's been zero inconvenience or agro. So many times I've sat there for 45 mins in the morning waiting to see the SA - which defeats the purpose of an appointment in the first place. There was nothing I could have done on my part to reduce my wait. The one time I did the key drop, it involved an argument over a ding in the door afterwards. The CSAs all run around looking very harrassed and tend to be a bit defensive.

I do hope PML will look into streamlining their capacity and operations, and treat their customers better - it's not just a case of nitpicking customers.

I actually got quite good experience with them, last year just before the warranty was up, I went for servicing and they told me that my steering column need to replace which I was quite surprise which they could had just kept quiet and let my warranty end... Maybe my expectation not that high, like that also happy, Anyway, the downside is they have no stock and when the parts came in, got to leave the car for 2 days. Btw, I'm not related to them or got any friends working there or expect any discounts from them cos I also don't go back to them for servicing after warranty over cos other workshop can service my car in less than half day.

I got good service but bad car.....So it took 3 year (warranty) period to solve all the problems. hee hee.

Discovered 1 rear door had different color shade within 5 days after collecting new car -partially fixed because they re-sprayed 4 panels right side of car.
Discovered Right side of my car having different shade - resprayed the whole car and offered me $500/- voucher + 1 courtesy car for 5 days + full tank of petrol. I'm quite cheap anyway.
Blown actuator door-lock - replaced all four.
Squeaky door frame - fixed with 3M anti-friction tape.
Going over road hump, the rear-end squeaked - fixed by greasing all the multi-link joints on rear suspension assembly.
Auto-gear jerk from gear 2 to 3 while taking off - new gear mgt program.
Auto-gear forward jerk before completely stop - another new gear mgt program.
Final drive ratio whining noise at 80 to 100 km/h - replaced with used assembly because they have the right to do so (thats what they said).
Center console panel squeak. - Fixed. They removed panels on CD-area, greased then re-assemble.
Auto-gear under manual shift +/-, squeaks each time I shift - removed the housing, greased then re-assemble.
Rubber mud-guard (arc) on front right wheel warped - replaced.
Windscreen washer pump leaks - replaced.
Rear windscreen lower section rubber trimming loose - replaced.
Rims's hub cover with BMW logo, completely oxidized - replaced.
Font-right wheel whining at low speed and making right turn - replaced the wheel bearing.

I think have the good Tester and Service Manager is extremely important. Ask for Teo - Alexandra, he's good and excellent knowledge of the various models.

Thats why I said I have bad car and good service.....all the replacement and Expresso while in Alexandra.

My next car will not be a BMW.

I got a call from Dennis explaining the situation to me. He essentially gave me a download on the errors they detected and the measures they took to rectify them. This is a far cry from the standard of feedback I received the first time I sent the car in - an SMS...

I feel that if pml made an effort they could improve their level of service dramatically. However, it saddens me that I had to resort to sending 2 complaints and post on the forum to get my voice heard.

I this incident has honestly left a bad aftertaste and I pray that nothing happens to my car for fear of going through the same ordeal. if I could do a 1for1 swap of my E89 for the equivalent Audi TT I might not hesitate. I am not inclined to getting a beemer in future, though I love my ride to bits, I feel strongly that sales is 50% of the formula while after-sales service makes up the rest- u fail in one aspect and the business breaks down.

I'll keep the forum updated on further developments

my centre console squek too. not sure want to do it or not. i'm afraid they will fk-up the whole thing

Iceberg;607510 said:
I got good service but bad car.....So it took 3 year (warranty) period to solve all the problems. hee hee.

Discovered 1 rear door had different color shade within 5 days after collecting new car -partially fixed because they re-sprayed 4 panels right side of car.
Discovered Right side of my car having different shade - resprayed the whole car and offered me $500/- voucher + 1 courtesy car for 5 days + full tank of petrol. I'm quite cheap anyway.
Blown actuator door-lock - replaced all four.
Squeaky door frame - fixed with 3M anti-friction tape.
Going over road hump, the rear-end squeaked - fixed by greasing all the multi-link joints on rear suspension assembly.
Auto-gear jerk from gear 2 to 3 while taking off - new gear mgt program.
Auto-gear forward jerk before completely stop - another new gear mgt program.
Final drive ratio whining noise at 80 to 100 km/h - replaced with used assembly because they have the right to do so (thats what they said).
Center console panel squeak. - Fixed. They removed panels on CD-area, greased then re-assemble.
Auto-gear under manual shift +/-, squeaks each time I shift - removed the housing, greased then re-assemble.
Rubber mud-guard (arc) on front right wheel warped - replaced.
Windscreen washer pump leaks - replaced.
Rear windscreen lower section rubber trimming loose - replaced.
Rims's hub cover with BMW logo, completely oxidized - replaced.
Font-right wheel whining at low speed and making right turn - replaced the wheel bearing.

I think have the good Tester and Service Manager is extremely important. Ask for Teo - Alexandra, he's good and excellent knowledge of the various models.

Thats why I said I have bad car and good service.....all the replacement and Expresso while in Alexandra.

My next car will not be a BMW.

Seems like there's alot of problems with their car and by providing such poor after sales. no wonder more ppl are buying from PI

If they can't handle the servicing, maybe they should just outsource it and let someone do a better job...

Merlin_sg;607575 said:
If they can't handle the servicing, maybe they should just outsource it and let someone do a better job...

Wouldn't that be interesting .......... imagine if its outsourced to Boss ?

That'll be the day ...........

Since GE is just around the corner, consult your MP at the meet-the-people session if PML doesn't solve your BMW car.

Just for a laugh. Relax everyone! ;)

Sgp gov and stats boards dont use BMW...heard its the directive from the old man himself...too flashy and potray playboy image....they use lexus or Merc or Volvo, Maybe they dont buy BMW because they also experience poor service..haha

That is pretty severe and is totally unacceptable. Irregardless of some who calculate the margins that BMW takes on "warranty cost" of each car, simply by offering substandard service that is so far from their intended prestige level... is just totally glaring.

Its not only your inconsistence and time, but I also appreciate your efforts in writing that letter.

"The straw that broke the camels back", and to think that a broken back hasn't really need compensated by more than a mere passing nod.

I too own a BMW and its not the first one, In the years of ownership of course there are many issues that actually require me to go back to the authorized agent. But guess what? I've never done so. Because I know exactly that is what will happen. For the simplest things like a s/w reset, no way will I inconvenience myself to leaving it there 2 days for a 20 min job and get charged for 5 man day's salary. Value proposition aside, I think I would just be insulting my own intelligence if I succumbed to that.

So for the record I will still want to own another BMW. I love the car. I love the advances they are making in the products, I love it so much that I am willing to bear with the very very silly fact that if I am forced to purchase from PML, I would rather pay for work to be done outside and receive more efficient, effective remedy than to take advantage of the service. Having said that, I don't think I have to have this silly mindset if my next car is a Merc, Audi or Lexus (definitely not?), but again, I like BMW that much to know that I will still gravitate back to the marque simply because of the product.

But you simply don't abuse that fact this way please. Its just not the right way to do business.

haha ... just like kenntona post ... die die must eat laksa ... mee siam swee swee + free tissue also don't want
by the way, i like laksa too and it got HUM ... :drool:

__iceman__;607614 said:
That is pretty severe and is totally unacceptable. Irregardless of some who calculate the margins that BMW takes on "warranty cost" of each car, simply by offering substandard service that is so far from their intended prestige level... is just totally glaring.

Its not only your inconsistence and time, but I also appreciate your efforts in writing that letter.

"The straw that broke the camels back", and to think that a broken back hasn't really need compensated by more than a mere passing nod.

I too own a BMW and its not the first one, In the years of ownership of course there are many issues that actually require me to go back to the authorized agent. But guess what? I've never done so. Because I know exactly that is what will happen. For the simplest things like a s/w reset, no way will I inconvenience myself to leaving it there 2 days for a 20 min job and get charged for 5 man day's salary. Value proposition aside, I think I would just be insulting my own intelligence if I succumbed to that.

So for the record I will still want to own another BMW. I love the car. I love the advances they are making in the products, I love it so much that I am willing to bear with the very very silly fact that if I am forced to purchase from PML, I would rather pay for work to be done outside and receive more efficient, effective remedy than to take advantage of the service. Having said that, I don't think I have to have this silly mindset if my next car is a Merc, Audi or Lexus (definitely not?), but again, I like BMW that much to know that I will still gravitate back to the marque simply because of the product.

But you simply don't abuse that fact this way please. Its just not the right way to do business.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclub777

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back