Dilemma! Should I sell my E60 now...?

black rain

Don't get me wrong, my E60 is in great running condition and I still love my ride to bits ( suffice to say it still puts a smile on my face every other day...)

But the itchy bug has been biting me more and more of late and the idea of an F10 has been tugging at my heartstrings.

The dilemma in my case is a pragmatic one.

My current ride has 14 months to run till scrap and it's fully paid up. I pay nothing else except for gas and the regular preventive maintenance if I continue driving my E60.

The depreciation on a F10 in today 's market averages $20,000 per year. For those of you who are still driving cars with 8k-12k depreciation will agree with me that 20k depre. per year is a hard hurdle to accept.

So in essence, if I defer my desires for another year and keep my E60 to the end, I technically will save $20,000.... At least till I am forced to scrap my current ride.

(To put things in perspective.... Here are some pics of my current ride.)

I would love to hear some thoughts and hopefully be enlightened!

View attachment 62622

View attachment 62623

View attachment 62624

View attachment 62625

View attachment 62626

View attachment 62627

View attachment 62628

View attachment 62629

View attachment 62630

View attachment 62631

View attachment 62632

Re: Dilemma! Should I sell my E60 now...?

Very well kept ride.
So keep it. When times up, renew COE.

ben1;1091578 said:
Very well kept ride.
So keep it. When times up, renew COE.

it could be worth considering if COE drops below 20k. But u miss the point.... temptation to change ride :drool: is bugging me to distraction now!

If you change to F10 now, you still get to drive for about 3 years of the F10 before the new 5 series model G30 comes out. If you wait another 1.5 years, you will have another dilemma by then, F10 or wait for G30 ... So nobody can help you except follow your heart.

Powerful tactic say want to change car but actually want to show people your very good looking and done up ride! I like!
Very nicely done up car bro.

that depends if the G30 will be drool-worthy. (Need to see the spy-shots!).

If I really think about it, it is the cabin of the F10 that draws me. Much nicer cabin and dash and more driver-centric than the E60.... (needless to say... beat the merc and audi uninspiring cabins hands down). As for the body design, sometimes still like the E60 look over the F10 with the exception that the F10 has more imposing look.

Keep it.......
nice E60

get 1 more ride.......make it Rooooooooooooooooooofless.......
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

gohjialong;1091581 said:
Powerful tactic say want to change car but actually want to show people your very good looking and done up ride! I like!
Very nicely done up car bro.

Aiyah.... car recently "Revol-ed", so took the opportunity to take some shots for future keepsake.

But seriously wrestling with the thought of changing ride .... but then everytime I walk to the carpark and see (read "stare") at my car.... Haiz.... (I think u understand...)

I tell u, all these opinions wun count cos in your heart u already wanna change to F10 liao. I had this dilemma as well when I had my E60, I resisted for almost 2yrs but gave in in the end. Traded in my E60 for an F10. Happy like bird n never looked back.

ac323;1091583 said:
Keep it.......
nice E60

get 1 more ride.......make it Rooooooooooooooooooofless.......
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

thanks for being "to the point" !

already using the wifey's roooooofless (not beemer) for my usual supper runs :goodup:

Hi

To each his own...but I faced the same situation as you until 2 months ago.

I had an E60 which I have driven for 7 plus years. Fully paid for and was riding well. The same itch bug (damn it!!!) bit me and I was thinking of a new ride for almost a year. Finally gave in and traded in my ride for a F30 328i recently.

Again...to each his own - but I definitely went with my heart rather than my head!! Good luck with your decision...

MW;1091589 said:
I tell u, all these opinions wun count cos in your heart u already wanna change to F10 liao. I had this dilemma as well when I had my E60, I resisted for almost 2yrs but gave in in the end. Traded in my E60 for an F10. Happy like bird n never looked back.

MW, 2 years ago the price for F10 looked very reasonable comparatively to today's situation, unless I am mistaken....

gotham88;1091592 said:
Hi

To each his own...but I faced the same situation as you until 2 months ago.

I had an E60 which I have driven for 7 plus years. Fully paid for and was riding well. The same itch bug (damn it!!!) bit me and I was thinking of a new ride for almost a year. Finally gave in and traded in my ride for a F30 328i recently.

Again...to each his own - but I definitely went with my heart rather than my head!! Good luck with your decision...

Congrats on your new ride :) ... u resisted for 1 year, MW resisted for 2 years.... maybe I got hope.... "lun"1 more year... hehe

black rain;1091593 said:
MW, 2 years ago the price for F10 looked very reasonable comparatively to today's situation, unless I am mistaken....

Oh yes 2012 prices were damn good until the COE ballooned to 90+k

Mine was near 70k....2 weeks later shot up to 80+k n then 90+k

Now the COE is back to 2011 level. So the price should have softened.
Go for it, but try to get the 6 cyc engine.

The Guardian;1091657 said:
Now the COE is back to 2011 level. So the price should have softeneexpectationst, but try to get the 6 cyc engE]

As my current e60 is 6 cyc.... that was my original assumption it has to be the 6 cyc. Much to my surprise, when I test drove the F10 523 pick up was much more sluggish than my current ride. The pick up felt like my car with full passenger load and 4 golf bags. The complaint here is for the 1st and 2nd gear change.... After that it's v. Good.

So I hunted around for a F10 520 twin turbo which on paper had less horses at 181bhp. i had no expectations wirh this but the test drive left me pleasantly surprised... my observations. .. the 520 turbo is noticeably more willing to pick up in first 2 gears and the car felt much lighter. When I peeked under the bonnet. .. I found a much more compact engine block... and lots of free space under this hood compared to the 523 F10.

In summary. .. the 520 turbo was quicker at pick up and lighter..... but the twinscroll turbo was damn whiny during cold start. The 523 felt very sluggish during pick up but felt very planted due to the heavier nose (ie. Engine block) up front.
Checking the specs. online..... the 523 is about 100kg heavier.... than the 520 turbo. ..

At this rate... i think the 528 may win me over.... need a test drive to confirm this.....

for any stock sluggish engines, there's always tuning and there's always CodeWerkz!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back