DME Reflash/ECU Remap vs SMT7

iNSTiNCTz

Just confirmed on a set of ASA SK+ Reason why ASA and not ESS, AA, etc is because I've got a good deal for it. Further more I'm running on step, so better not to too heavy load the gearbox. The seller agreed to package it with a piggyback Perfectpower SMT7. I've heard that it's always better to do a flash DME/ECU Remap instead of piggyback. I've done some search and reading in this forum and some achieved satisfaction with piggyback too and no solid answer as to ECU remap is better than piggyback. So thought I would ask you guys opinion here. Some info on the Engine, it's a M54b25 (E46 325Ci) running on steptronic. Thanks in advance ;)

5651_127473626678_592736678_3108962_7009679_n.jpg

Re: DME Reflash/ECU Remap vs SMT7

Stock ECU is usually better because there are usually more parameters that allows you to fine tune the settings (piggyback usually more limited in terms of settings).

But if you do not want to mess with the stock ECU, then getting a piggyback is a better solution.

Re: DME Reflash/ECU Remap vs SMT7

I was told that our BMW is adaptive and by using piggyback, it'll adapt to it and eventually make the engine lean where won't feel the effect of the piggyback anymore? Any idea on this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back