Do you warm up your engine in the morning?

Re: Do you warm up your engine in the morning?

I think the best way for our engines is to turn it on, let the rpm drop to idle (you should know what your idle rpm is, usually around 700-800), then just drive gently for the first few kms. I think this is the recommended way of doing it I was told by my SA a long time ago.

nakashima_mika;1110023 said:
how long does yr engine takes from cold start to idle RPM ard 600-700?

Depends when you park your car overnight ???

For me, crank the engine,,,move out slowly below 20km/hr and about 5 minutes do the normal drive.
Remember, warm up engine and idling is an offence.

anthoj;1100047 said:
I think the best way for our engines is to turn it on, let the rpm drop to idle (you should know what your idle rpm is, usually around 700-800), then just drive gently for the first few kms. I think this is the recommended way of doing it I was told by my SA a long time ago.

I do this aswell. especially in the morning when the engine is coolish. Let it slowly warm up to operating temp then can give it a quick squirt without a drama..

But i usually drive slowly with for the first Km or two so the transmission and diff fluid gets worked around.

I have been driving my E90 320i for 7.5 years. Never warmed up. No problems os far :)

i drive off within 10seconds starting the engine... but i dont ramp the rpm beyond 2000 within the first 5minutes
i only ramp beyond 2000rpm after 5minutes
i guess the first 5minute is considered 'warming up'

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back