E36 Advice

E36fan

Hi all,

I saw a pair of E36 318i on sgcarmart for sale. Would like to ask if someone here is driving one and can share your experience? I recently had a change in my personal life, and would like to get a car to keep me busy. I have no experience with DIY repairs but I would like to learn this important life skill and the E36 seems like a good place to start.

I haven't tested it, but from what I have read online it seems like it is a very averagely powered car, but the handling makes it a fun drive. It's supposed to have good fuel economy and the car is quite reliable if serviced regularly.

Would be keen to see what you guys think about it! Thanks in advance!

Also if you could share which workshops specialize in older BMWs that would be great. Would preferably like to do a full inspection before commiting to anything.

Last edited:
I plan to budget 8 - 10k for repairs and to make it look and drive smoothly. Is this reasonable?

Don't think it will be enough bro. You should be looking at around 20 to 30k imo.

Maybe this video can give you a rough idea but bear it in mind this is considered well maintained and not considering sg humid and hot weather.

Wo
Don't think it will be enough bro. You should be looking at around 20 to 30k imo.

Maybe this video can give you a rough idea but bear it in mind this is considered well maintained and not considering sg humid and hot weather.

Wow you really saved me a lot of money.

Do you know of anywhere here that I can get it checked like this? I just want to be sure that it's in a bad condition before I give it a pass.

Best send your car in for a thorough check to have a more thorough assessment of the repair costs. The 36 is a relatively robust workhorse even if poorly maintained. The usual wear/tear issues are well documented and as a whole, it is not a difficult car to diagnose and work on. I would vouch for the car as one to keep.
Contact me at 96653300 if you need help!

cheers

Thanks for the advice. Wow is that your E36? Looks good man!

I was looking around at few and all were too expensive for the quality they were at and so I didn't get one in the end. In my car testings I tried the E30 and the missus and I fell in love with it.

Unfortunately the price was too high and the car had deep rust in some spots so we didn't get it. I am currently on the lookout for an E30 in okay condition!

Best send your car in for a thorough check to have a more thorough assessment of the repair costs. The 36 is a relatively robust workhorse even if poorly maintained. The usual wear/tear issues are well documented and as a whole, it is not a difficult car to diagnose and work on. I would vouch for the car as one to keep.
Contact me at 96653300 if you need help!

cheers

The 30 and 36 are great cars, the 30 being more the Classic between the 2.
However the 30 would pose a challenge in terms of parts which are getting more difficult to source compared to the 36.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
for88buzz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back