E39 owners - Anyone upgraded their ICE?

yuin

Hi fellow e39ers,

I was just wondering what some of you have done to your sound system? The stock system is really bad - no bass whatsover.

I'm thinking about installing an Infinity Basslink 10" in the truck. Read in other forums that it makes a lot of difference. Don't feel like spending too much money. What do you guys think?

Cheers.

Re: E39 owners - Anyone upgraded their ICE?

yuin said:
Hi fellow e39ers,

I was just wondering what some of you have done to your sound system? The stock system is really bad - no bass whatsover.

I'm thinking about installing an Infinity Basslink 10" in the truck. Read in other forums that it makes a lot of difference. Don't feel like spending too much money. What do you guys think?

Cheers.

eh.... my car got ICE. But I inherited the ICE from the previous owner who did it at Hong Guan. I am on stock head unit (because of the GPS). Mine is a 10-speaker system. Front tweeters and rear speakers I dunno what brand coz all sealed inside the panels liao. The mids I know coz one blew and I changed to a pair of Focal. Dunno which series of Focal though.

I have a pair of 12" free-air subs. I use literally 10% of the sub's capability. Otherise, I get hard attack.

The speakers are driven by a Mcintosh amp and the subs driven by a Cadence amp. I have one capacitor for each. Dunno what brand. I think Cadence.

Juz got grounding done last week.

U have a nice 530i bro. Feel free to PM me for a meet-up. I live at Pasir Panjang area. Cheers!

T6 said:
eh.... my car got ICE. But I inherited the ICE from the previous owner who did it at Hong Guan. I am on stock head unit (because of the GPS). Mine is a 10-speaker system. Front tweeters and rear speakers I dunno what brand coz all sealed inside the panels liao. The mids I know coz one blew and I changed to a pair of Focal. Dunno which series of Focal though.

I have a pair of 12" free-air subs. I use literally 10% of the sub's capability. Otherise, I get hard attack.

The speakers are driven by a Mcintosh amp and the subs driven by a Cadence amp. I have one capacitor for each. Dunno what brand. I think Cadence.

Juz got grounding done last week.

U have a nice 530i bro. Feel free to PM me for a meet-up. I live at Pasir Panjang area. Cheers!

Looks like you've got yourself quite a sound system. Wouldn't mind taking a look at it sometime. :)

Will try to arrange a meet-up sometime. You know of other E39 owners who may be interested in meeting up as well?

yuin said:
Looks like you've got yourself quite a sound system. Wouldn't mind taking a look at it sometime. :)

Will try to arrange a meet-up sometime. You know of other E39 owners who may be interested in meeting up as well?

Well, some other e39 owners may wanna meet up to talk abt engine mods (Gabriel - nick "Gabey"), GPS (Nicholas - nick "Radon 39") and everything under the sun (Benny - nick "gp", Alvin - nick "sierrasg", Eric - nick "Sinner 108", Andy - nick "T6", Gaddafi, McCoy - nick "AcBoy", Kay - nick "JHLim").

Leave u to try and arrange something. May I suggest West Coast Park McDonalds on a weekday nite:)

yuin said:
Hi fellow e39ers,

Cheers.
Hi yuin, sentiments exact, stock system ain't too bad. me also thought of upgrading but just don't have the time to really zero in on what i want to do. sure thing abt meeting up, T6 is our e39 admin, he'll coordinate.

Hi T6, you must have quite a system. Looking forward to listen to your system.

hii there,
is a good idea dat all e39 owners shoul mit up. realy. i'm looking forward...
if u r looking for subwoofer, have a look at the american brand like MTX, KICKER n MOHAWK. for speakers, try FOCAL, MBquad n etc, german brand.
Me 2 drive e39 at the moment n i do have the i.c.e. Let me share wit u, 2 10" of MTX subwoofer, 2 amplifier of MTX (6 chanel), 1 MTX crossover, 1 capacitor, 1 fuse box, 6 speakers of MBquad, 2 pairs front n back tweeter of FOCAL n a Philips headunit (forget wat series).
I did it at Yishun, if u r interested i can give u the address. they have alot of american brand, various choices...
try to look out for the owner of the shop, he drives e200. his car is a dam BOOM!! if i'm not mistaken he came in 2nd in the i.c.e competition recently, should check it out bro...
cheers....

And if you need another reference......you can look me up. I am on Cadence setup on a E39.

silverbeam said:
And if you need another reference......you can look me up. I am on Cadence setup on a E39.

Collin, if that is u, u finally out of hiding ah.

T6 said:
Collin, if that is u, u finally out of hiding ah.
Yeap u got me. Busy with new job, new hobby - remote helicopter and soon.... new baby

yuin said:
Hi fellow e39ers,

Cheers.

When i started out, my mind was set on just a sub woofer and I thought $400 max no more..... Todate I have spent at least $4000. After you hear T6's setup, you might have to stretch to 10k and beyond. But a basic decent setup would be in the range of $1500-$2000. ICExperts will be better qualified to advise further.

silverbeam said:
Yeap u got me. Busy with new job, new hobby - remote helicopter and soon.... new baby
another 1?? i mean baby not the chopper! si pei fast lei you! still wif 3m bro?

Yup on #3. Left 3Com.

Was outside Hilton a few Sat nites ago eating Hagen daz and saw this chio Black E39 zipping out of Hilton. Wasnt too difficult to 2nd guess who it was. Cheerio.

Do you have the name of the hi-fi shop in Yishun? I wanna do an installation of my sound system and am in the market for a good 5 Series installer.

Thx!

Guys,

Since you r on the ICE topic, I'm keen to join u folks for the meetup, I am having some problem with the stock hi-fi, it goes beserk on me for a couple of times. The sound system just max out for no reason & couldn't tune it down. Got to shut off the system & cut engine before everything returns to normal.

As usual contacted PML but haven't called me back, car still under warrnaty...

sammi9306 said:
Guys,

Since you r on the ICE topic, I'm keen to join u folks for the meetup, I am having some problem with the stock hi-fi, it goes beserk on me for a couple of times. The sound system just max out for no reason & couldn't tune it down. Got to shut off the system & cut engine before everything returns to normal.

As usual contacted PML but haven't called me back, car still under warrnaty...

You are not alone bro. Happened to a few forummers here too. I experienced it once. Gave me a freaking shock. But the ghost did not return.:whipper:

Hello All,

Count me in for the meet up also. Feeling bored with the current stock system. Looking for simple enhancement for my own enjoyment as wife and kids don't like loud music.

Hello T6, went to Pin Liang to look for Parrot but no stock. They show me the Sony and Nokia but understand Parrot is still the best - no echo. Use Nokia on my MotoV3 and has very obvious echo at the caller's end. May have to wait for two months for the stock to arrive.

Regards,

Hey T6,

I almost had a heart arrest when it happened a 2nd time last week! Called PML again this morning & chewed the SA, he said earliest that I can bring car in is after 13 Jan. Said he'd make sure the SA call me back.

Told him no time for his BS & I'm comming in 2moro or I'd called Simon Rock & rock the freaking service department...

Yo T6,

Let's try to organise an E39 meetup. It'll be great.

How about a Saturday morning?

Yuin

yah its a good idea bro...
i'm in...
confirm,
t6 u there??

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back