E46 Engine oil leak

Re: E46 Engine oil leak

both ah wee and rod are awesome.. can't go wrong with either one..

btw you guys are very brave.. oil leak can nvm one..

jdm car cannot.. engine will piang too easily.. :(

C3P0;330822 said:
Thanks for the good info bro. Buy you milo ice next time.

Anyway, my engine oil burns off 2L to 3L every 2500km. No leaks, all kind of gasket and pipe changes. Don't know where it goes to....(no, I did not use it to oil my own body....)

2L for 2.5k? that quite a lot of oil to lose. your valve leaking? is your exhaust throwing oily soot?

tlkchew;442740 said:
2L for 2.5k? that quite a lot of oil to lose. your valve leaking? is your exhaust throwing oily soot?
Yes, I think it is almost unheard of. No workshop can determine the problem. No valve leaking, nothing. Exhaust also ok. Everything checked. Been like that for 1.5 years.

Lately it got worse. Every 300km, I have to top up 0.5L. So I went to temple aka R2D to pray.
Rod then suggested something to me - use a thicker oil. Touch wood and keeping my finger crossed (I am very pang dang one though I'm robot), it seems to work. More than 1,500km already and I still don't need to top up. Miracle. Rod is like sin. You know, 神. (Not horsin that sin. :slaphead: )

C3P0;442772 said:
Yes, I think it is almost unheard of. No workshop can determine the problem. No valve leaking, nothing. Exhaust also ok. Everything checked. Been like that for 1.5 years.

Lately it got worse. Every 300km, I have to top up 0.5L. So I went to temple aka R2D to pray.
Rod then suggested something to me - use a thicker oil. Touch wood and keeping my finger crossed (I am very pang dang one though I'm robot), it seems to work. More than 1,500km already and I still don't need to top up. Miracle. Rod is like sin. You know, 神. (Not horsin that sin. :slaphead: )

Everything no leaking, no top overhaul, coolant no oil, exhaust no oil but is black black with some carbon, 99.9999999% this once, "05 REPAIR KIT VALVE SEAL RING", dont believe go and get three joss sticks and ask :argue:

Some mechanic can change for you without pulling out the cylinder head..

View attachment 21309

ttee;442851 said:
Everything no leaking, no top overhaul, coolant no oil, exhaust no oil but is black black with some carbon, 99.9999999% this once, "05 REPAIR KIT VALVE SEAL RING", dont believe go and get three joss sticks and ask :argue:

Some mechanic can change for you without pulling out the cylinder head..

View attachment 21309

Thanks for the tips ttee. Will tell sin and let him rectify it.
Maybe he already knows, he's suppose to be sin. :woottt:

blacktrek;439566 said:
Bro, go to R2D and let Rod to access first. I believe he will give you a better quote.

Bro, where is R2D? Can provide the contact details? Thanks.

Hi C3PO, ai engine oil mai?

ttee;444601 said:
Hi C3PO, ai engine oil mai?

Ai !! You have extra for sale? I am using 10W-60.
(0W-40 is for human beings, I'm robot that's why use thicker oil. :laughlik: )

Sorry for highjacking.

C3P0;444650 said:

Sorry for highjacking.

yours is T-65...

C3P0;444650 said:

Sorry for highjacking.

I only have Mobil 1 Gold 0W-40 for you to oil your body. I just drain out from the engine, mileage 4k engine kekeke. mileage to 7k engine kok kok kok. ang mor say Mobil 1 Gold very good, can run number 1. I think kang kor leh.. Oil your body I think very good. ai DHL to you free.

ttee;444942 said:
I only have Mobil 1 Gold 0W-40 for you to oil your body. I just drain out from the engine, mileage 4k engine kekeke. mileage to 7k engine kok kok kok. ang mor say Mobil 1 Gold very good, can run number 1. I think kang kor leh.. Oil your body I think very good. ai DHL to you free.

Thanks bro. 0W-40 too thin for my engine, that's why I need 10W-60. Serious....

Btw, DHL can send to tattoine? :woottt:

robot...is the situation better?

R2D;445072 said:
robot...is the situation better?

Yes, definitely better. Just top up 0.5L yesterday - meaning it has used up 1.5L for 2000km. Which is a significant improvement liao!
:inlove: :smack: - For Rod and Roger.
:thumbsup: - For Nadia.

C3P0;445059 said:
Thanks bro. 0W-40 too thin for my engine, that's why I need 10W-60. Serious....

Btw, DHL can send to tattoine? :woottt:

Mobil 1 Gold 0w-40 is only can use to oil your robot body la, no for your engine la. :thumbsup:

robot, go read up on engine oil issues in carbibles.com

it may have answers to what you've been wondering about for so long...

C3P0;445075 said:
Yes, definitely better. Just top up 0.5L yesterday - meaning it has used up 1.5L for 2000km. Which is a significant improvement liao!
:inlove: :smack: - For Rod and Roger.
:thumbsup: - For Nadia.

check your PCV, make sure it is not blocked - common problem. do a google for more info.

check your compression, may be it already bakar minyak.

experiment it with a thicker oil. like Dino oil 30-50 and drive it for 3000km.

Last - do a thoro clean with auto-rx

jararaca;448827 said:
check your PCV, make sure it is not blocked - common problem. do a google for more info.

check your compression, may be it already bakar minyak.

experiment it with a thicker oil. like Dino oil 30-50 and drive it for 3000km.

Last - do a thoro clean with auto-rx

Thanks for the advice bro!

sorry to TS to ride on your thread cos' i am not able to start a new one..

I am a noob intending to buy a yr2000 BMW 318ci and I would like to know if the cost of maintaining is high. i.e. does BMW car break down frequently and are the spares expensive compared to other makes?

how is the fuel efficiency? i look bmw cars since young and i am eager to own one soon... hope someone here can help to enlighten me thanks...

i look forward to join ur meetup somedays..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8823

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back