E60 A/C problem. It is common fault?

Re: E60 A/C problem. It is common fault?

My is covered under warranty. From what I know if it is not under warranty will cost about 2k to get it fixed at PML. You could try some getting quotes from the other workshops outside.

pufferfish;435612 said:
How old's your car? Mine had the same problems as you for a while, and before I knew it, it was blowing only hot air the whole day. Sent it in to PML, changed the compressor. So be prepared....The compressor may be on its way out

waltergoh;435393 said:
When started, and at idle, the a/c blows out air that is not chilled, even though my a/c settings for both sides are at 18 degrees. After driving it around for 5 mins or so, or getting up to highway speeds, cold air comes out and everything operates as usual. Everything functions as it should after those first few minutes, and the a/c will gladly pump out very cold air at the coldest settings.

I read in some posting that Actually, according to experts there is a valve in the compressor which controls the pressure of the gas being pumped in the system. As time goes by, there is a deterioration of this valve and the compressor is not able to pump the gas efficiently around the system quickly.

Normally, it should take about less than a minute before you feel cold air. Another symptom is during traffic jams or stationary periods; the air will start becoming warm as there is not enough pressure to push the gas around the system.

( Is the above statement True? Is this a common fault In E60?)
Can anyone verify?

same problem. first 5 min hot air then later cold air.. soon after e compressor failed and had to change e whole thing. e60 was about 90k mileage then

i checked with few shops tat was shared by few bros...this is my findings..

For E60
motoaire(Sin Ming) : compressor $1188

coil $900

Markcool(Woodlands) : compressor $950-$980
The boss told me if it is a valve spoilt, can just change for $300+

I got another contact from my fren, his dads pickup aircon was serviced there, after servicing, even colder than original!! i sat in his dads pickup and it was really freezing cold!! on a hot afternoon!! will be checking on damage over there first, wait for my FR! :)

btw, i paid $20 for a check at motoaire, my advice is if ur aircon is not cold, dun have to check..confirm compressor or coil spoil..just find the cheapest place and do it there!!

the last time my aircon not cold, only top up gas... so far about 6 weeks still ok .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveRogerss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back