E60 - Any error code to inform us to change battery?

momoboy

Hi E60 experts,

I recall I have not changed battery for my E60 for at least 2 years. Will there be any error code to prompt driver to change battery when it is due to change? I understand there is only error code to inform driver there is high discharge of battery.

Please advise.

Re: E60 - Any error code to inform us to change battery?

I've got mine changed. No error code. Just b4 the batt die u will experience longer crank start.

Mine Pre Lci. Not sure about Lci

Hi,
Me too, have this issue since yesterday after changing my battery for about 1 month. Will go back to workshop on Monday for a check.

momoboy;956545 said:
Hi E60 experts,

I recall I have not changed battery for my E60 for at least 2 years. Will there be any error code to prompt driver to change battery when it is due to change? I understand there is only error code to inform driver there is high discharge of battery.

Please advise.

Hi, there won't be any error code but the clock timing and km meter will keep resetting, when this happen its time to change new battery if not one day u won't be able to start the car. Mine lci model.

No alarm message, I just change every 2 years. Not worth the risk of breaking down.

Is it battery faulty or other parts? Mine battery is a brand new leh

momoboy;956545 said:
Hi E60 experts,

Please advise.

bimmer's factory fitted batt can easily last more than 2.5yrs

Thanks all for the valuable feedback. Guess I will drop by workshop to get it changed when I am free. Otherwise, wait for AA if I din make it on time!!! LO) If I remember, the battery should cost around $170...

Mine coming 3 years ... Touch wood still as good as it should .. But tot original batt from Germany can easily last 5 years ?? My car drive atleast 2 hours a day on the road ..

$170? Where is it? I got mine at $240

I do recall AA mentioned that price to me when I called to do a interest check. Not sure the exact $$$ but I dont remember it is more than $200?

momoboy;957829 said:
I do recall AA mentioned that price to me when I called to do a interest check. Not sure the exact $$$ but I dont remember it is more than $200?
If you don't mind paying more, why not get a deep cycle battery? I rem someone here selling it or got lobang. Deep cycle definitely last longer than COE (if i rem correctly).

momoboy;957829 said:

Maybe AA member price :D

after you decide to change - remember to code the car ....

redrex;964976 said:
2-3 years , maybe about time to change . My battery just die after I took a 15 min dinner and can't start after that , no signal at all . Same happen to my brother car .

Red_Bean_Bun;965375 said:
after you decide to change - remember to code the car ....

Hi bro, what do you mean to code the car and how do you do so?

5 minute job with any WS with a device like auto land or auto logic ..... It just tells the ecu that the car has a new battery. Helps with the way it charges.....

Des2269;965541 said:
Hi bro, what do you mean to code the car and how do you do so?

After hearing all your discussion. I want to change my car battery to prevent inconviences.
Please tell me where to change and the estimatesd cost.
Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back