E60 questions before i Buy

Re: E60 questions before i Buy

JasonKuan;452529 said:
My take is to wait for the new 5 series since it is in the end of the life cycle, but if you insist on getting a GS vs. 5 now, I will go for the 5 since it drives better...

If the new 5 was what I saw in the spied video, I would think more than twice before buying. The exterior I cannont accept leh. Then again, taste differ lah:boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Cheers

I think one of the bros said it best. - a car's got to have soul. Certain brands have it - and the BMW does. Soul has very little to do with realiability or FC or whatever - it's that X factor!

I used to drive a Land Rover - the thing has reliability problems - but it had charater and SOUL!!

Go with the E60!

__iceman__;452453 said:
Same reason why I could only tahan my Mark X for 2 yrs, and no matter what I did, the car still had no soul like a BMW.
Hi bro, mind to share the main difference(s) between Mark X and E60? Have not driven Mark X before....

Bro,

Just came across this thread. Would like to vouch for the E60, I have driven earlier E39 then the Merc C and others. My wife has got the Lexus RX. When time come to change car, BM is always in contention. Mind you, there are some issues that will cause a change of heart, but all things being equal, I will still give up other make for BM. I still feel that nothing beats the E60 at this moment and price range. In fact, I avoid driving my wife's car until she ask me,'why you don't like my car izzit?'

BMW car has its own style and character, anyway use ur heart to choose and u never go wrong.:D
Cheers

Simone;457925 said:
BMW car has its own style and character, anyway use ur heart to choose and u never go wrong.:D
Cheers

Sister,

Use your heart also and come out to meet us on Saturday afternoon hor. Place n time will be confirm by 2moro. I will start a new thread.

Most likely an open carpark with easy access to food n drinks and can watch out for Fen Fei Fei also

Hey guys

Juz my take on my 525. I just got mine less than 1 month and got 2 problems alrd. Maybe i sway or wat, the mech who assemble my car must b quite sway choose kanna sai parts to fix my car. now the driver's door got sound liao. air coming in liao. somemore got vibrating knocking sound. the tech told me he cannot hear. then now, the engine overheat. dunno water pipe or tank crack liao.

think must really go pray pray liao. Sway.

anyway, 5 series n GS300, i would say is the feel. v6 and inline 6 very different. V6 more responsive i would say. no draggy feeling. smooth like some of our bros say if u like relax relax, GS is good. But even after i face these problems, i still say 525. like bro Simone say, got character. i totally agree.

end of the day, its your liking la.

Wow, you really got quite a bit of problems. Thankfully, my 5er has been relatively problem free since I got it. 67k km already and still going strong.

xiaoqiangx;458144 said:
Hey guys

Juz my take on my 525. I just got mine less than 1 month and got 2 problems alrd. Maybe i sway or wat, the mech who assemble my car must b quite sway choose kanna sai parts to fix my car. now the driver's door got sound liao. air coming in liao. somemore got vibrating knocking sound. the tech told me he cannot hear. then now, the engine overheat. dunno water pipe or tank crack liao.

anyway, 5 series n GS300, i would say is the feel. v6 and inline 6 very different. V6 more responsive i would say. no draggy feeling. smooth like some of our bros say if u like relax relax, GS is good. But even after i face these problems, i still say 525. like bro Simone say, got character. i totally agree.

xiaoqiangx;458144 said:
Hey guys

First of all, demand a check on the rubber insulating strips round the door perimetre. If the mech is screwed, demand for a more experienced one to assess your ride.

Pipe or tank crack not likely, but check for the radiator's fault. The all important thing is to ditch your mister nice guy image and go demand! demand! demand!

When I first got my ride I demand a new polishing done because I see 2 hair-line scratches. I demand that they repolish my leather because i say its too dull.

As long as your demand is not unreasonable.... then DEMAND!!!!!

Also, pardon me for correcting your claim that V6 is more responsive than inline 6. The drag comes only when you floor or almost floor. Otherwise, its as smooth as any V6. If you hit DS, then you will really feel the drag.... which is where the character kicks in. And then you must try the instantaneous "overtake-and -cut back" thrill at over 100km/hr. That's where real character shines.

Of course there are more and we shall explore them in the near future. But the most important thing now is to demand that they solve your problem as soon as possible.

Cheers

kim_pioneer;458113 said:
Sister,

Use your heart also and come out to meet us on Saturday afternoon hor. Place n time will be confirm by 2moro. I will start a new thread.

Most likely an open carpark with easy access to food n drinks and can watch out for Fen Fei Fei also

Hello Ms Kim, u alway date me my wife getting suspicious liao.............:sneaky:

Simone;458277 said:
Hello Ms Kim, u alway date me my wife getting suspicious liao.............:sneaky:

Tell her Ms Kim got bring partner one, no need to worry leh:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Better still ask her to come.... ehh I thought you r Ms Simone... how come got wife???

kim_pioneer;458314 said:
Tell her Ms Kim got bring partner one, no need to worry leh:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Better still ask her to come.... ehh I thought you r Ms Simone... how come got wife???

Hello,
go take ur medicine please, u are getting out of hand liao.
:nehnehhh: :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Yo bro kim

Thanks for the headsup on "not to be the mr nice guy".

Think i'll go and do it the next time.

Anyway whats' that DS thingy??

The 100km thing i'll go try try.

xiaoqiangx;458410 said:
Yo bro kim

Thanks for the headsup on "not to be the mr nice guy".

Think i'll go and do it the next time.

Anyway whats' that DS thingy??

The 100km thing i'll go try try.

You go do it on them bro!!! Wake their Farking idea up.

DS is the sports mode when you shift your gearstick to the left. Your rpm will drag as much as over 5000 and your can manually control your gear by tipping your gearstick backwards. Shifting it back to the centre will resume auto mode

This afternoon tried the "overtake n return to same lane" movement again. A bloody cab driver cut 2 lanes after filtering out of the Lornie Road exit into PIE. Travelling middle lane at 115 I think. Cleared off without feeling any swing. This Bloody Bimmer Technology is really something man.:woottt: :woottt: :woottt: :woottt: :woottt:

Yo bro

luckily folo your advise and go up to the techs again. this time really give them a piece of my mind. Then they really go do something about the "knocking" sound for the 3rd time then this time they still say no fault but i found that the sound is gone! Phew.

Anyway thanks for the DS advise. agree with ya on those cab drivers(thou not all are king of the road). Near accidents with them several times and 2 times kiss my butt with my previous car. hope they dun do it to my new one. haha.

xiaoqiangx;459264 said:
Yo bro

luckily folo your advise and go up to the techs again. this time really give them a piece of my mind. Then they really go do something about the "knocking" sound for the 3rd time then this time they still say no fault but i found that the sound is gone! Phew.

Anyway thanks for the DS advise. agree with ya on those cab drivers(thou not all are king of the road). Near accidents with them several times and 2 times kiss my butt with my previous car. hope they dun do it to my new one. haha.

Bro qiang

Glad your problems are solved. I lelieve they found your problem lah.... bullshit only.... they solve your problem secretly then say no problem liao.... usual shit they do lah.

Have a great n safe ride from now on:woottt: :woottt: :woottt:

Cheers

IMHO BMW makes the best inline-6 engines in the world. No other inline-6 will sound like it.. Those who have driven one will know =)

no offense to lexus supporters (my wife is a IS250 driver too).. i think japanese engines sound cheap (solely my own opinion).

xiaoqiangx;458144 said:

i strongly agreed with KCl211........

thumbs up!!!

cheers

kwekeroo;459926 said:
I followed my heart and bought the 525i...:dance:

Bro,

Your heart is definetely beating to the right tune.

Congrates buddy. Pleae put your name n pics at this thread below and be congratulated by the rest of the sis n bros

Have a great n safe ride

Cheers

"Congrats to our Bros for their new Bimmers"

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back