E60 questions

haowen

Hey guys , for an e60 523i , does anybody do chipping or just add powerbox ? which is better ?

Re: E60 questions

haowen;794075 said:
Hey guys , for an e60 523i , does anybody do chipping or just add powerbox ? which is better ?

Hi Haowen,

welcome onboard............................
Pbox will do......

cheers

pbox + tuning ?

pbox alone will get what kinds of gain ?

any idea which drop in air intake is good ? I saw aFe .

haowen;794080 said:
pbox + tuning ?

pbox alone will get what kinds of gain ?

any idea which drop in air intake is good ? I saw aFe .

Hi haowen,

Pbox is good enough, no need to tune anything....
K&N will do...........

cheers

kahhao47;794101 said:
hi guys, sorry to hijack, but is there any difference between pb and velocity?

Hi Kahhao,

TUNE YOUR NON-TURBO BMW WITH THE

MORE HORSEPOWER! & MORE TORQUE!
Plus Adjustable Throttle Pedal Re-Mapping for Snappier Response

125i 128i 130i 323i 325i 328i 330i 523i 525i 528i 530i X3 X5 Z4 630i 730i

The BMS Power Box is a piggyback style performance chip for the BMW 2.5L & 3.0L N51/N52/N53 6 cylinder motors. It features easy installation and removal, gas pedal switching between 7 performance maps, throttle remapping for snappier response, and dyno gains of up to 10+ Horsepower and 10+ lb-ft Torque. Finally you can enjoy the car how it should have come from the factory.

• Up to 10+ More Horsepower & 10+ More lb-ft Torque
• Throttle Re-mapping for Better Response / Reaction
• Removes "dead area" delay in gas pedal
• 7 Different Maps / Settings
• Can be turned on and off from inside the car
• Gives even more Power with intake/exhaust or other mods
• Plug & Play, No cutting or splicing
• Made in U.S.A.

Installation takes around 20 minutes using basic hand tools and is completely reversible with no cutting of wires. Simply extract the factory wire and replace it with the corresponding BMS Power Box wire. Installation is very discrete allowing most customers to leave the unit installed for basic service is NOT TRACEABLE through the factory ECU/DME or the BMW dealerships equipment and does not hurt fuel economy during normal driving.

Dynos below show horsepower and torque increase at the wheels over stock.

BMS Power Box on a completely Stock automatic BMW 328i on 91 octane. BMS Power Box on a completely Stock automatic BMW 328i on 91 octane. NEW! BMS Power Box on a completely Stock automatic BMW 330i on 91 octane.

BMS Power Box Map Guide

Map 0 - Disables BMS Power Box (Stock)
Map 1 - 30% throttle remapping, performance tuning on
Map 2 - 60% throttle remapping, performance tuning on
Map 3 - 100% throttle remapping, performance tuning on
Map 4 - 30% throttle remapping, performance tuning off
Map 5 - 60% throttle remapping, performance tuning off
Map 6 - 100% throttle remapping, performance tuning off
Map 7 - throttle remapping disabled, performance tuning on

* Velocity is a Sprint Booster with 4 maps.....................( thanks for Hi-Jacking )
cheers

Why not look for 530? No need mod.

davidtch;794106 said:
Why not look for 530? No need mod.

i think 530i quite rare....not easy to find too???

cheers

530 is a complete different beast. if can get, 530 is da e60 to go for.

E class the best! By driving it,it will destroy all desire to mod!

haowen;794203 said:
K&N got drop in air intake ? where to get from ?

you may click under: Workshops and Help section or Site Sponsor.......
all workshop should carry this product...

cheers

Perhaps we should help all newbies here by driving their cars to the various mod places listed everywhere in this forum and help them mod up their cars before returning to them? All they do is pay for the respective mods...easier for everyone and newbies get to enjoy their newly modded rides without the need to ask so many asked-n-answered-to-death questions

We should have such a service in this forum. Shd be very well received. Ex gratia of coz

We can call this service "Spoons 'R Us"

Last edited by a moderator:

MW;794297 said:
Perhaps we should help all newbies here by driving their cars to the various mod places listed everywhere in this forum and help them mod up their cars before returning to them? All they do is pay for the respective mods...easier for everyone and newbies get to enjoy their newly modded rides without the need to ask so many asked-n-answered-to-death questions

We should have such a service in this forum. Shd be very well received. Ex gratia of coz

We can this service "Spoons 'R Us"
That's what newbie expect old bird iike u mah.

IMHO, buy 523 to mod for more pwr. Waste time waste $$$. The only reason i bought E39 520 because i can't find 525/530.

davidtch;794326 said:
IMHO, buy 523 to mod for more pwr. Waste time waste $$$. The only reason i bought E39 520 because i can't find 525/530.

Totally agree... I should have bought the E60 530i instead of the E60 525i 4.5 years ago. Now still regret but what to do, $$$ no enough. The 530i's OMV was 79K!

And so I learnt my lesson when I sold my e60 n52b25 and bought f10 n52b30
It's just money better spent, the additional $1 spent on a better engine saves me $1.50 on mods (plus time) but gives me $2 of joy & satisfaction.

Every time I feel my car not powerful enough, will jus drive my other car which is a punto then will appreciate Liao :nehnehhh:

Just like how I felt my 42" LCD was too small for my hall, after 11 mths of staring at a 21" samsung CRT box, my friggin 42" is Dammmmm HUGE man! Bua haha!:lol2:

Everything is relative IMHO :) jus enjoy the strawberry ride

Decaf;794953 said:
Every time I feel my car not powerful enough, will jus drive my other car which is a punto then will appreciate Liao :nehnehhh:

Everything is relative IMHO :) jus enjoy the strawberry ride

Exactly! In the pursuit of more power, we forget the basic thing when we get into the driver's seat...i.e. to enjoy the ride.

Everything also want power, everything also wan speed.. go join F1 as a racer

MW;794297 said:

We can this service "Spoons 'R Us"

*pat pat* *sooth sooth* *there there* Dunch be so angry... people are not called noobie for no reason mah.

Give chance a bit lah :)

MW;794992 said:
Exactly! In the pursuit of more power, we forget the basic thing when we get into the driver's seat...i.e. to enjoy the ride.

Everything also want power, everything also wan speed.. go join F1 as a racer

Touche MW!!

For me, the fun of zhnging the car is for safety & individuality. IF want to chiet then will get a COE Honda Civic and zhng the hell out of it, prob cost less than a brand new set of Brembos!!

Power is not everything........ but its a close 2nd haha!!! :lol2:

I believe that many of the senior bros here are really objective and responsible with their advice which speaking as a relative newvbie is very much appreciated. Only thing that would put the icing on the cake would be us "newbies" to take the responsibility to research the forum to see whats good and not for our respective rides rather than take the easy way and just ask for help.

Nonetheless I'll stand by my point previously made, the guys here are really patient and helpful and are a treasure trove of knowledge and experience!

oops OT too much liao!!!

BMW-SG Rocks!!
Peace Out!! :goodup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back