E60 questions

Re: E60 questions

Decaf;794953 said:
Every time I feel my car not powerful enough, will jus drive my other car which is a punto then will appreciate Liao :nehnehhh:

Just like how I felt my 42" LCD was too small for my hall, after 11 mths of staring at a 21" samsung CRT box, my friggin 42" is Dammmmm HUGE man! Bua haha!:lol2:

Everything is relative IMHO :) jus enjoy the strawberry ride

Agree... everything is relative..... likewise, whenever I feel under-powered in my 523, I'll go take a spin in my wife's Polo, and my ride will feel funtastic! Self-deception is a cheaper alternative to changing car or too much modding :p

newbie to this forum... :yummie:

looks like lots of interesting advice....

Pbox looks like a good option. checking on other threads over the price now.

check with the workshop for new pbox price before buying used

Gents/Ladies,

First day of installing the BMS Powerbox on my 523. Since I still do not new thread posting rights, I thought this is the best thread to hop on and give my reviews on this product.

Its only been a couple of hours since I installed this. Drove it about for around 60km since installation.

The initial feeling I got when I drove off after installation was not an immediate "fwah". It felt normal. Of course, I was told the ECU needs some re-learning, and it should take a day if not two before it fully optimizes.

After awhile, I began to notice the difference in pick up. The car definitely felt "lighter". But that was not what I was impressed with.

The power build up was enjoyable. It was not a "strong shaft in your face" feeling. The power builds nicely over the revs and comes in noticeably stronger in mid to high revs. It is definitely a very different feel to the car... more spritely, raring to go...

I'm told FC will be better. I'm not sure how that could be with more power but I guess that could be a factor of lesser throttle needed to get to your desired speed.

No other mods matched to the car, except changed stock filter to KNN filter.

All in all, great product. Worth every cent spent, considering I used to fair bit more (about 3 times the price of this) to tune my Golf GTi and STi before having this car.

daniellim;875711 said:
Gents/Ladies,

First day of installing the BMS Powerbox on my 523. Since I still do not new thread posting rights, I thought this is the best thread to hop on and give my reviews on this product.

Its only been a couple of hours since I installed this. Drove it about for around 60km since installation.

The initial feeling I got when I drove off after installation was not an immediate "fwah". It felt normal. Of course, I was told the ECU needs some re-learning, and it should take a day if not two before it fully optimizes.

After awhile, I began to notice the difference in pick up. The car definitely felt "lighter". But that was not what I was impressed with.

The power build up was enjoyable. It was not a "strong shaft in your face" feeling. The power builds nicely over the revs and comes in noticeably stronger in mid to high revs. It is definitely a very different feel to the car... more spritely, raring to go...

I'm told FC will be better. I'm not sure how that could be with more power but I guess that could be a factor of lesser throttle needed to get to your desired speed.

No other mods matched to the car, except changed stock filter to KNN filter.

All in all, great product. Worth every cent spent, considering I used to fair bit more (about 3 times the price of this) to tune my Golf GTi and STi before having this car.

Hi bro,

Can PM me the cost of Pbox? Tks!

phichua;884452 said:

Hi phichua, thks for the photo btw yesterday jz install a similar pc but without the box which recommended by my dealer. After installed really can feel different.

Hi daniellim,
Mind pm me the place to install and cost?

TIA
Ct

Last edited by a moderator:

hello to all bros, may i ask what is the average total km achievable with a full tank on e60 523i?
haowen;794075 said:
Hey guys , for an e60 523i , does anybody do chipping or just add powerbox ? which is better ?

phichua;884452 said:

I thought above is the power box i am going to install this morning. But the power box i install is black in colour. the above can fit N52 engine?

I've just got a preowned '08 525i. Can pbox improve the car performance? Does fuel consumption increase? Anyone can pls pm me the price and place to install pbox. Thanks in advance.

just reading through some of the posts in this thread and thought i jump in.

I own an E60 530i, currently living in Australia. Find that the ride is a mixture of overly powerful and sluggish at the same time. Fuel consumption is high even on lower revs but does not translate into power. On higher revs, fuel consumption remains largely the same, the engines goes into aggro mode, becomes responsive and hits the speed limit in innercity roads (like those in Singapore) very quickly. Almost like the car is not designed for innercity roads. I suspect that the smaller engines like the 525s are more suited for innercity driving.

On the highways, the 530i starts to make more sense and you can cheong your car as you wish and the car will gladly oblige.

Having said that, my wishlist as follows:
1) Change the car to a e60 550i. This would be the V8 and the fuel consumption will suffer marginally. Life is too short to worry about petrol price.
2) Put in a mod to hopefully even out the torque/power over the rev range

Hi goready,
I have install a so call sprint booster at accelerator but i don't know whether is the same thing describe here?
Btw after installed it really can feel the car lighter and fc slightly improved, you can try at turfclub bkt timah B63.

bme60;922272 said:
Hi goready,
I have install a so call sprint booster at accelerator but i don't know whether is the same thing describe here?
Btw after installed it really can feel the car lighter and fc slightly improved, you can try at turfclub bkt timah B63.

Velocity & PB are different. Velocity & Sprint Booster are throttle boosters. PB has throttle remapping PLUS Performance tuning.
If you want more power, go for PB. With PB, most bros don't need Velocity or Sprint Booster (SB)

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thabetasian
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back