E60 "Sports" Mode

Re: E60 "Sports" Mode

when sport mode is activated, engine output and driving dynamics take on sportier qualities, letting you enjoy your BMW's dynamic character at its peak.

Buywellsellwell;949108 said:
sounds sporty. so what's everybody's fuel consumption like? mine is bad bad bad....

Bro, mine only 5.6km/l. Ron 98. Almost 100% city driving. Seldom rev but still bad. If I got sports mod I think lagi jialat. Btw, We met at kallang 5series meetup. I bought your kaki's ride SKG black E60. Thanks for enlightening me on the folding mirror.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xiaodi;949619 said:
Bro, mine only 5.6km/l. Ron 98. Almost 100% city driving. Seldom rev but still bad. If I got sports mod I think lagi jialat. Btw, We met at kallang 5series meetup. I bought your kaki's ride SKG black E60. Thanks for enlightening me on the folding mirror.

Cheers!

haha I know it's you bro! your nick very easy to remember haha

[SUP][/SUP]
Buywellsellwell;949108 said:
sounds sporty. so what's everybody's fuel consumption like? mine is bad bad bad....

My E60 530i averaged around 8km/ltr before it was poisoned. After modifications and a heavy right foot, it came down to 6.2km/ltr.

Buywellsellwell;949627 said:
haha I know it's you bro! your nick very easy to remember haha

thanks Bro. How's tony? Still meetup with him?

Cheers!

M-Noobie;949628 said:
[SUP][/SUP]

My E60 530i averaged around 8km/ltr before it was poisoned. After modifications and a heavy right foot, it came down to 6.2km/ltr.

Still That's very good FC :cloud9:

Its so jammed packed from my house to office and back - my definition of city driving is that I never had a chance to rev above 1.8k rpm ..... every week day.

still got meet up for 5 series? keen to learn some poison from u guys... LOL

My fuel consumption is bad! below 7km/l for a 2007 e60 530... is that normal? I suspect my previous owner modded the car heavily... is there an easy way to reset ECU or I may have to retune it

Philster Skinx and Black Rain kindly share your sports mode mod and the cost...I'm quite interested in enabling it...thanks! We should meetup! I own a small bistro @ Central Mall - Alchemysg.com perhaps we can talk over a beer there... :) my number 96920678

Boomerang;954338 said:
My fuel consumption is bad! below 7km/l for a 2007 e60 530... is that normal? I suspect my previous owner modded the car heavily... is there an easy way to reset ECU or I may have to retune it
Take a drive to KL @ constant speed of 150km/h. If FC is around 11km/L, it is likely that ur route has too much traffic light.

My previous E39 520 can't achieve anything better than 7.3km/L on this island. On NSH, it is definitely 11km/L.

davidtch you're right it was normal city driving with traffic lights. I guess I'm not used to a 3 litre engine, but if the 2.1 litre engine has that high fuel consumption too, I guess the 5 series cars are heavy? Curb weight is supposedly 1,535–1,735 kg

davidtch;954341 said:
Take a drive to KL @ constant speed of 150km/h. If FC is around 11km/L, it is likely that ur route has too much traffic light.

My previous E39 520 can't achieve anything better than 7.3km/L on this island. On NSH, it is definitely 11km/L.

Traffic lights in singapore is getting quite intense. I need 15-20 mins to get to work on average due to traffic lights even though distance is 3.5 km max max max. Isnt that crazy? The shortest route with least number of traffic lights is 10.

Meek;954362 said:
Traffic lights in singapore is getting quite intense. I need 15-20 mins to get to work on average due to traffic lights even though distance is 3.5 km max max max. Isnt that crazy? The shortest route with least number of traffic lights is 10.
My home to office is 5km & traffic on Geylang Rd is horrible. So, i cycle to work.

Boomerang;954354 said:
davidtch you're right it was normal city driving with traffic lights. I guess I'm not used to a 3 litre engine, but if the 2.1 litre engine has that high fuel consumption too, I guess the 5 series cars are heavy? Curb weight is supposedly 1,535–1,735 kg
There are ways to lower it not by much.

If next traffic light is no more than 500m, juz let the car coast along without any throttle input. If kenna stomp, pls show us.

If it is a long stretch of clear road, accelerate fast so that it get to the 6th gear & coast at that speed.

Lastly, lift your foot off throttle as early as possible before the oncoming stop. Don't use neutral. It should be the highest gear possible.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back