E60 "Sports" Mode

Re: E60 "Sports" Mode

ongedward;990448 said:
My ride is 523i XL. Interested with this tread on "sport" mode.

Pls advise;
- where can this be done?
- can it be done with just the "sport" button switch (without the steering and gear knob)?
- how much would it cost?

I just did it on my ride 06 523i. Don't know 523i XL can or not.
- DIY
- Yes can just do the no/off switch.
- less than $5.:eek:

Conflicting views... from what I gathered - Pre-LCI most definitely; LCI is a question mark - some say yes, some say no.

E60 "Sports" Mode

Dymenxion7;989335 said:
Yah man, where can get this Sports Mode thingy done, interesting, I thought only way to increase throttle was the Power Box which I already installed. But Power Box have to trigger on during engine start, this sports mode thingy seemed to be ' on tap' ?

You have to press the button to engage sports mode. It won't stay on when you turn ignition off.

Dear Experts n Bro out there. Need your help! My brother's 8yo 523i started to give him problem. Firstly is that jerk when comes to a stop. However, twice the car actually like "went dead" and cannot respond when he stepped on the accelerator (I have to emphasize that these happened when he was driving and the car was moving! No matter how much he stepped, the RPM went up to 5 or 6, al he could hear is the engine roaring but the car is not responding and like coming to a halt. He can only tap on the accelerator gently to move the car to the side. After he switched off the engine and restart the car, everything seems ok but the car seems like no power. Please help bcos it sounds kind of scary bcos he was crossing a junction when this happened. Thank you in advance.

LearningAbtBMW;1008163 said:
Dear Experts n Bro out there. Need your help! My brother's 8yo 523i started to give him problem. Firstly is that jerk when comes to a stop. However, twice the car actually like "went dead" and cannot respond when he stepped on the accelerator (I have to emphasize that these happened when he was driving and the car was moving! No matter how much he stepped, the RPM went up to 5 or 6, al he could hear is the engine roaring but the car is not responding and like coming to a halt. He can only tap on the accelerator gently to move the car to the side. After he switched off the engine and restart the car, everything seems ok but the car seems like no power. Please help bcos it sounds kind of scary bcos he was crossing a junction when this happened. Thank you in advance.

Ignition coil..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Instead of seeking advice here, just drive to workshop.

LearningAbtBMW;1008169 said:
Bro wat is ignition coil? Somebody told me it could be fuel pump issues, wat do you think?

I think ac323 thinks really well and I also think that if you think it's not what our bros here think could be the issue then you need to find out what our site sponsors think about what you think could be the issue................. And davidtch is right, what we think or you think or your brother thinks is not really important cos it is what you think I think after all. End of the day, what the workshop thinks after they have checked the problem is most important.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aren't you suppose to see this?

View attachment 51749

Kheldor;990882 said:
I just did it on my ride 06 523i. Don't know 523i XL can or not.
- DIY
- Yes can just do the no/off switch.
- less than $5.:eek:

Bro can PM me where u get the wires and switch?

Newbie here. Got my used '05 523i 3 weeks ago. Felt the pickup in 1st gear sluggish. Online search and decided to carry out the DIY mod myself. Plus reset of gearbox. What a total change. Throttle much more sensitive, gears will hold until ~3000K before shifting. As for heavier steering, can't feel the difference. But fuel consumption suffers. All in all, it's good if u need quick response during city driving. Quite simple, 30 mins job. But might be a challenge if you are not the DIY kind of person.

bro tommisu,

for the gearbox reset; as there are many versions, can share what are the steps u did for the reset? cheers!

Hi,

1) Turn the key to ignition position 3 (the position to crank the engine). Then the icon with the foot on the brake pedal will appear to inform you to step on the brake to crank start.
2) When the icon appears, depress the throttle fully until the icon disappears.
3) At this moment, reset should be completed but I continued to hold the accelerator down for another 10 secs just in case.
4) Turn off the key and remove it. Reset should be completed.

The next time you drive, you should feel the gearbox behaving differently, that's when you know reset has been done.

Appreciate bro!

Tommisu;1021745 said:
Hi,

1) Turn the key to ignition position 3 (the position to crank the engine). Then the icon with the foot on the brake pedal will appear to inform you to step on the brake to crank start.
3) At this moment, reset should be completed but I continued to hold the accelerator down for another 10 secs just in case.

The next time you drive, you should feel the gearbox behaving differently, that's when you know reset has been done.

Tommisu;1021745 said:
Hi,

MAN!!! Fixed the 'stop jerk' problem!!! Thank you thank you Tommisu!!! I was thinking I needed to spend $$$ on reprogramming the bugger! Thanks thanks thanks!!!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back