• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

E60LCI Sports Shifter Retrofit

Re: E60LCI Sports Shifter Retrofit

M5 knob? Looks like many parts involved.....

Then I guess LCi gear knob and M Sports steering is a better option ya.

I have received a lot of pm's on this mod lately, so I think it is better to compile a FAQ here to reduce pm-ing here and there.
If anyone has anymore questions please post here instead of pm me (unless you are a chio bu then I will be more than glad to reply!).
If anyone has successfully done this conversion please post in this thread as well. After replying all the pms through the years, I'm surprised no one has pm me and told me that they've done it!

Please read up these 2 threads from 5series.net, I got most of my info from reading the very very long first thread as well:

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit - 5Series.net - Forums

DIY: E60 Sport Automatic Retrofit Redux - 5Series.net - Forums

SAT Mod FAQ:

1. How muchie?
I bought the parts from Eng Soon (Eng Soon Auto Pte Ltd - Home > more than 30 brands and over 30,000 items of spare parts, leading distributor for BMW autoparts, importer & exporter for BMW, Mini and Mercedes auto spares, sole agent and distributor for MKB products in China, Hong Kon).
Total parts costs was about $1k+, can't remember the exact costs. You can buy from any other BMW parts stockists as well.

2. What are the part numbers?
These are the parts that I've bought. Please give the seller your VIN so that they can make sure they get the right parts for you:
1. Gear Knob: 6131 9 142 951
2. Gear Selector Cover (Console Trim): 5116 6 960 880
3. Sport Button: 6131 9 142 869
4. Gear Selector Switch: 6131 9 204 093

3. Where to install and how muchie?
Any of the workshops familiar with BMW eg BVO, Juzz4Cars, Boss etc etc.
I paid $100+ I think. It's better you talk to the workshops on the charges. It's good to print out the DIY instructions listed in "4." below and bring it to the workshop.

4. Can I DIY?
Sure you can.
DIY instructions: 5Series.net - Forums

5. Any problems so far?
I've done the mod for 4 years lio, so far no problems faced

6. Can we meet so that I can take a look?
Er... if you're chio bu can. If not then cannot cos I don't drive my E60 daily. Wife is abusing it now.

7. Will void warranty?
Any E60 out there still got warranty?

8. Will fit pre-LCI?
No. Only fits LCI

9. Will increase FC?
If you enjoy the SAT, FC sure increase. Else, no.

Changing to Sports Steering FAQ:

1. How muchie?
I bought from ebay. Costs was about $1.5k including air bag I think.
Try ebay, Propel or anyone demodding here

2. Which steering to buy?
See http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-5-series-owners/66338-info-e60-steering-wheels.html

3. Does my paddleshift works?
No, it doesn't work on my car. I bought the steering not knowing that it won't work. But if you go read up 5series.net, I think some guys there did make it work. I didn't have time to pursue that further

4. Where to install?
Same answer as "3." under SAT FAQ.

I think that should be about all for now. Any questions please post in this thread.

Kam sia....

Any bro/sis out there got this retrofitted on LCI version and found out no other effect, except for heavy steering wheel feel when sport button is switched on?

My ride is a LCI.
Is it possible to have 2 of these items done for just the "sports" mode?
Which workshop can do?
Gear Selector Cover (Console Trim): 5116 6 960 880
Sport Button: 6131 9 142 869

interested with the SMG sport steering.. anyway to get? how much? thx? or M-Tech steering will do.. thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back