E82 1M owners

sanerling

Hi guys, am thinking of a switch to the E82 1M, primarily because it looks so ridiculously seductive.
and it bears a reasonable price tag. I have gone to test it and first impressions are; man the car feels rock solid compared to my current sedan.

wondering if any of you have any feedback or comparison across the different Ms. Also in my consideration are the e92 M3, e90 M3 sedan

My priority is sheer driving pleasure. The rest are nto that important. thanks in advance

Re: E82 1M owners

sanerling;1048827 said:
Hi guys, am thinking of a switch to the E82 1M, primarily because it looks so ridiculously seductive.
and it bears a reasonable price tag. I have gone to test it and first impressions are; man the car feels rock solid compared to my current sedan.

wondering if any of you have any feedback or comparison across the different Ms. Also in my consideration are the e92 M3, e90 M3 sedan

My priority is sheer driving pleasure. The rest are nto that important. thanks in advance

if you do not mind the manual gear then 1M..........
if you need to ferry people often then E90 M3.....

* Congrats in advance...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

sanerling;1048827 said:

E92 M3. Or better still, E93 M3...

Both cars have a different drive feel, so it depends on your definition of "sheer driving pleasure".

If you are the kind geared towards force induced kind of power and torque, then the 1M is better suited.
The M3 is kinda "boring" if you drive it normally, but will bring you a huge grin if you drive it like you stole it.

I've moved away from the forced induction vehicles and I'm enjoying the V8 NA a lot more - I tend to be calmer on the road if anything.
The only downer for me would be being overtaken by taxis taking off at the traffic light if you drive the M3 normally.

Chagrin;1048917 said:
Both cars have a different drive feel, so it depends on your definition of "sheer driving pleasure".

If you are the kind geared towards force induced kind of power and torque, then the 1M is better suited.
The M3 is kinda "boring" if you drive it normally, but will bring you a huge grin if you drive it like you stole it.

I've moved away from the forced induction vehicles and I'm enjoying the V8 NA a lot more - I tend to be calmer on the road if anything.
The only downer for me would be being overtaken by taxis taking off at the traffic light if you drive the M3 normally.

Ditto. But in order not to lose to taxis, I set mine to S mode by default. Normal mode is too lethargic to me.

I've experienced both. In the end, I chose the 1M over the M3 over the following factors:
1. more spirited driving over our local busy roads, really agile and amazing handling for a compact car
2. way less fuel for the same amount of driving pleasure
3. rarity

However, I do like the M3 for the following:
1. Subtle yet slick design
2. V8
3. Nappa leather

Last edited by a moderator:

well, it depends on your personal preference because both cars are awesome to drive and definitely gives you sheer driving pleasure.
It will be good to drive both and see which you prefer :)

But do note that the 1M is limited production, so more exclusive.

Chagrin;1048917 said:

Haha yes i saw the video of an i3 drag racing an M3 to 60kmph, neck to neck.
The v8 sounds crazy from what ive heard around the roads. Ive yet to test it yet though, although i must say 1M set the bar pretty high.
That car drives with so much agility!

T6;1048920 said:
Ditto. But in order not to lose to taxis, I set mine to S mode by default. Normal mode is too lethargic to me.

Haha, can the taxis rly keep up?
I mean ive heard that they have ridiculous torque, but chase ///M also can ah

three2eight;1048964 said:
I've experienced both. In the end, I chose the 1M over the M3 over the following factors:
1. more spirited driving over our local busy roads, really agile and amazing handling for a compact car
2. way less fuel for the same amount of driving pleasure
3. rarity

However, I do like the M3 for the following:
1. Subtle yet slick design
2. V8
3. Nappa leather

Thanks for the feedback. My initial feel with the 1M is that this car feels very zippy and reassuring around the bends. It felt so planted and confident in lane changes and it was a very fun drive. Not to mention it looks sexier than my wife.

I just felt that i ought to give v8 a try for its sound and the more muscular look.

Your comparison sorts of sums up my suspicions. Cheers

Seems you've already made up your mind dude... how soon can you collect the 1M?? :nehnehhh:

135 enough, then change bodykit to 1M one... and stick M badge behind. Retain auto transmission with paddles shifts. No need manual. Win win.

I mean, who drives manual in Sg roads nowadays? Lorries and vans only.

Oilman's left calf must be lopsided bigger than his right calf

Last edited by a moderator:

MW;1048995 said:
135 enough, then change bodykit to 1M one... and stick M badge behind. Retain auto transmission with paddles shifts. No need manual. Win win.

Haha his right calf also big leh.. every time pedal to the metal...

sanerling;1048981 said:
Haha, can the taxis rly keep up?
I mean ive heard that they have ridiculous torque, but chase ///M also can ah

The M3 is a 4.6 sec car leh. Anyway the engine and exhaust combo of the M3 is unique and unmatched. Super distinctive.

MW;1048995 said:

Lol. Then like that i have to call it 1Yam and not 1M..

Oilman;1048991 said:
Seems you've already made up your mind dude... how soon can you collect the 1M?? :nehnehhh:

Havent made up. M3 is after all a V8. Hence seeking advice from all who tried both.

T6;1049021 said:
The M3 is a 4.6 sec car leh. Anyway the engine and exhaust combo of the M3 is unique and unmatched. Super distinctive.

Exhaust combo with akra?

sanerling;1049046 said:
Exhaust combo with akra?

I opted for M performance exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i789clubus1