E90 18" Staggered Setup Choices?

detach8

Hey bros, other than the BMW M 193 rims, are there other options? Does Breyton or BBS has 18" choices?

Reason being 19" rubbers are too expensive!!!

Re: E90 18" Staggered Setup Choices?

There are alot of band / make / design for you to choose from.

Question is wat size of tires are you looking at?

Front: 235/40/R18 Rear 265/35/R18 are about the same price as Front 235/35/R19 Rear 265/30/R19.

Cheers ~~ :)

I'll stick to 225/?/18 and 255/?/18 (the m 193 size) :D
i quite like breyton design though, just wondering if they have suitable 18" as i always see 19"s around

detach8;645242 said:
I'll stick to 225/?/18 and 255/?/18 (the m 193 size) :D
i quite like breyton design though, just wondering if they have suitable 18" as i always see 19"s around

Some design of Breyton have tat size. MIG only have used / 2nd hand ones (rare) In the market now (& on production line) are MIC :) Just for yur info.

Cheers ~~ :)

Wah... MIC. How about BBS? Looks like I may have to scout for style 193 M rims. any idea does 3rd party stockist carry? PML is selling rims only for $4000+!

detach8;645274 said:
Wah... MIC. How about BBS? Looks like I may have to scout for style 193 M rims. any idea does 3rd party stockist carry? PML is selling rims only for $4000+!

Are the 193 M rims forged? If no then not worth the $4k ++. Might as well get aftermarket forge rims which are lighter. 2nd hand rims are good too if you do not mind some kerb rash. Initially I wanted to buy new rims but found a good deal for a 2nd hand DPE rims. The money I saved could be used on other mods. ;)

Hmm can't seem to find any info if the rims are forged.

VMR looks decent... Velocity Motoring -- Wheels

Are you looking at originals or open to replicas? There are many good built replicas at good prices (I didn't say cheap) available. I am using a set of lightweight Breyton Race LS 18" staggered reps. Original Race LS only comes in 20" staggered.

Front 235/40/R18 (ET 35/ 8.5") and rear 265/35/R18 (ET 38/ 9.5"). Look at my avatar.

Tyres need not be 3-400+ type. I am using GT Radial (recommended by LS) for the first time and personally they are not too bad. Only 180 per pc. Really depends what your criteria are.

Probably not replicas unless they are of high quality. I'll prefer to have better rubbers too. I cannot stand noise!

detach8;645454 said:
Probably not replicas unless they are of high quality. I'll prefer to have better rubbers too. I cannot stand noise!

Hi bro,

For good rubbers with low noise, you can consider Continental - CSC5.

Amazing performance tyres without the usual 'noise' that is usually observed in most peformance rubbers.

But they come at a premium ($$) though...

mohankls, yeap for rubbers I am considering either Goodyear Eagle F1 (good price/performance ratio), CSC5 (good performance reviews like you mentioned) or Bridgestone S001 (also good performance reviews)

decent 18" staggered rims seems quite hard to find though!

detach8;645565 said:
mohankls, yeap for rubbers I am considering either Goodyear Eagle F1 (good price/performance ratio), CSC5 (good performance reviews like you mentioned) or Bridgestone S001 (also good performance reviews)

Then LPPL. If you have the moolah, you can find.

detach8;645565 said:

Bro detach8,

If you looking for originl BMW rims, my advice is to browse the bazaar section in this forum. you will prob find really good deals from fellow bros here..

Cos if you buy direct from PML or other authorised`shops, they will cost alot more than some equally good quality rims avail. But stock rims are kinda heavy...unless you wanna stick with run flats (then its best you get original rims)

About 1 month ago, I saw used style 189 rims st SouthEast Tyre dhop in kski bukit. These come staggered & you csn pick your preferred brand new rubbers. Another shop I came across with used original BMW rims was Yap brothers.

Best of luck in your search...(acually, the fun is in the search as much as the drive after fitting em "))

Thanks bros! I will go scout around slowly after collecting car. Wife actually nagged at me for spending $ and tell me to use the tyres first until really botak, kerbed, then go and trade in and find a nicer rims. I got quite a frugal wife :p Such is life!!!

detach8,

I used to have a 3 series that came with 17" type 159 rims, changed to 18" type M193 when collecting the car. Later changed again to 19" DPE S20. Few months later I sold the S20 and bought the type 189 from the forum here and sold the car.
You would have plenty of opportunity to buy the 18" staggered rims from this forum. some are almost new and you pay only half the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;645565 said:

Hi detach8,
I just send you a private message.
Pardon me for gate-crashing as i could not make a new thread due to insufficient privileges.
Cheers!

OK bump. I am starting my rim hunt soon. Where should I go to buy Breytons? Heard some juicy stories around here...

oem style 189 & 193M with 225/255 = :thumbsup: but offset is too conservative. if don't mind, use spacer to flush it
else, get aftermarket wheel 8.5J +32 and 9.5J +35 staggered with 235/40/18 & 265/35/18 tyres = perfect ! this is 18" advan rs setup for e90 ... hehe

detach8;645723 said:
Thanks bros! I will go scout around slowly after collecting car. Wife actually nagged at me for spending $ and tell me to use the tyres first until really botak, kerbed, then go and trade in and find a nicer rims. I got quite a frugal wife :p Such is life!!!

This will be a big problem for you if you wanna mod your car.......

Buy her a nice LV handbag 1st......bring her for nice dinner also.....

No point asking what to mod if she's gonna oppose to what you like/want........

'The Great White'

haha +1 ... tell CFO all mods are to improve safety (serious) ... sure approved :D

wilman2772;663741 said:
This will be a big problem for you if you wanna mod your car.......

Buy her a nice LV handbag 1st......bring her for nice dinner also.....

No point asking what to mod if she's gonna oppose to what you like/want........

'The Great White'

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups