E90 320i boot no "cushioning " when closed

Re: E90 320i boot no "cushioning " when closed

What do you mean don't work ?

BMWan320;1060803 said:
I got the same problem. Anyone selling theirs? Does the oem damper works? Got mine from one of the stockist n it does not work and says it is original some more.

BMWan320;1060803 said:
I got the same problem. Anyone selling theirs? Does the oem damper works? Got mine from one of the stockist n it does not work and says it is original some more.

Yes the OEM works like the original.What do you mean it does not work?did you install it correctly?

If you installed it correctly and it still slams then most likely the stockist gave you a wrong part.

I installed the thicker part below n changed the other way round still the same. The stockist insisted it was correct. Got cheated then.

Thicker part on top - finds that it don't shake so much when opening.

Did you see any knobs next to the trunk lock ? Go play with it and see if it helps ....

For the e90 I paid about 64$ for the pair at eng soon. Quite straight forward removal of old one and then just pushing the new one same position (no tools needed). Seems either parts not correct or map functioning.

BMWan320;1060825 said:
I installed the thicker part below n changed the other way round still the same. The stockist insisted it was correct. Got cheated then.

BMWan320;1060807 said:
The boot still slams. I paid 55 each.

Thick part of damper on top, as my previous post describes, closing the bonnet should require more push down effort until about 15 or 20 degrees from horizontal then a slight force down will result in full "gentle thud" closure - no slamming as compared to situation with worn damper. If this is not your experience maybe your new damper is a dud check for leaks around the piston.

easy;1060938 said:
Thick part of damper on top, as my previous post describes, closing the bonnet should require more push down effort until about 15 or 20 degrees from horizontal then a slight force down will result in full "gentle thud" closure - no slamming as compared to situation with worn damper. If this is not your experience maybe your new damper is a dud check for leaks around the piston.

Ya if it still does not work,go demand an exchange with the stockist. which stockist you bought from?

Just installed mine bought from ebay...trunk still slam when closing......:furious:

martinkjs;1063271 said:
Just installed mine bought from ebay...trunk still slam when closing......:furious:

Better just get from Eng Soon, pay abit more for peace of mind.

Hotspurs;1063714 said:
Don't mind sharing where's Eng Soon?

U just won the BEST QUESTION award for BMW-SG!

Congrats!!!

Here's your prize!!!

View attachment 58667

Last edited by a moderator:
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back