E90 320i engine top overhaul

Re: E90 320i engine top overhaul

bmx33;787243 said:
What is the chance of getting high repair cost for a used 5 yr E90?

Get ready $10k for wear & tear repair.

Go to R2D. my car seals were fixed by him & I have not had to top up any oil since he last fixed it abt 2 yrs ago. My ride is abt 6.5 yrs old and abt 83k km.

Rod will thoroughly investigate the problem & leave no stone unturned. Very careful and professional.

even not $10K, i would at least budget >$5K for contingency and if you kena the "legendary" gearbox problem it would be more

bmx33;787459 said:
10k for wear and tear repair .. Very ex

detach8;784217 said:
Taken from Symptoms of Fried Piston Rings - CarsDirect

Common Symptoms of Damaged Piston Rings

Problems with your car engine's piston rings often display symptoms or signs that are similar to other problems with low compression in a vehicle. While the following symptoms are not always attributed to faulty piston rings, they are a good indicator that you should check the rings for wear and to see if they need to be replaced. Here is a list of the most common symptoms for bad piston rings:

White or gray exhaust smoke
Excessive oil consumption
Low power for acceleration
Overall loss of power or poor performance

If you believe your vehicle has faulty piston rings, or if your vehicle is displaying any of the above mentioned symptoms, you will need to have a compression test run on your car's engine. A compression test involves removing one of the spark plugs from your engine and trying to start the engine with a compression gauge attached to the cylinder where the plug has been removed. You can purchase a compression gauge and do the test yourself, or you can take the vehicle to a certified mechanic for an engine diagnosis.

Accurate. I had all of the above symtoms for my Mazda Astina years back. TOP overhual. Piston, Gasket and hair line crack for aluminum block.

just an update,

after monitoring the situation and changed to a different brand engine oil, the oil disappearing still the same......top up 1 litre about 1000km travelled.

went to another workshop in Ubi area recommended by a brother here and was the same suggestion......... to do top overhaul.

Mine also same problem... Actually i just bought it for 2months, first 3 weeks nothing wrong with it, after i sent to PML to replace battery, they told me that my oil seal gasget need to be replace, around 2++ paid for it, the second day oil symbol appear, so i drive back to them for check, but it show normal bar after i stop my engine and restart it. PML ppl ask me to drive and monitor it since he see nothings wrong. but the oil symbol appear after few days. i top up 1L which i bought at PML when i return last time, it last me around 2 weeks and the symbol show again +1L. But sometimes i will return to normal bar even i din top up. Really wonder whats wrong with it.

your case could be the sensor kaput..... drain the oil to measure any actual reduce in engine oil...... over topping of engine oil could end up with other issue.

is not uncommon to have a faulty sensor... so go check it out.

firehorse;801870 said:
your case could be the sensor kaput..... drain the oil to measure any actual reduce in engine oil...... over topping of engine oil could end up with other issue.

is not uncommon to have a faulty sensor... so go check it out.

Ok that's what I thinks also but since my friend
s 3er all don't have this issue... will sent to pml service asap

Davidoky;801875 said:
Ok that's what I thinks also but since my friend
s 3er all don't have this issue... will sent to pml service asap

Is your car still under warranty? If out of warranty, why don't you go to sponsor workshop will be much cheaper. Why go to PML let them chop carrot.

TohTo;801923 said:
Is your car still under warranty? If out of warranty, why don't you go to sponsor workshop will be much cheaper. Why go to PML let them chop carrot.

No more warranty. But more Reliable isn'it.

Davidoky;802105 said:
No more warranty. But more Reliable isn'it.

Yah, more reliable in chopping carrot. :sneaky:
Site sponsor ws are good :dance:

TohTo;802112 said:
Yah, more reliable in chopping carrot. :sneaky:
Site sponsor ws are good :dance:

I went to bxxx workshop b4 the one who serve me attitude sucks

just to share, i already gave up trying to solve this engine oil mystery

had changed everything possible on my 06 323i e90 , eg: gasket, pistons etc .

3 workshops confirmed no sign of oil leakage ,even put newspaper under car to see if its bleeding, no signs.

changed engine oil sensor, still the same thing. keeps asking me to top up 1 litre of engine oil zhun zhun after every 30days.

so i lun, just top up 1 litre per month , mobil 05 40w . $10.90 per bottle x 12 = $130.8 per year

gave up checking where the dissapearing oil went to.

rayjuan;802270 said:
just to share, i already gave up trying to solve this engine oil mystery

had changed everything possible on my 06 323i e90 , eg: gasket, pistons etc .

3 workshops confirmed no sign of oil leakage ,even put newspaper under car to see if its bleeding, no signs.

changed engine oil sensor, still the same thing. keeps asking me to top up 1 litre of engine oil zhun zhun after every 30days.

so i lun, just top up 1 litre per month , mobil 05 40w . $10.90 per bottle x 12 = $130.8 per year

gave up checking where the dissapearing oil went to.

You means u never sent to change engine oil just top up only?

rayjuan;802284 said:
yea just top up

1L per month huh... it doesn't spoilt others parts?

TohTo where you used to service you car?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back