E90 and 19" BBS CK rims

Re: E90 and 19" BBS CK rims

Wah... Beng, swee swee leh yr BBS rims. Make me drool.... hehehe...:drool: :drool:
I also eyeing at this rims previously at SET. Bought $50big and small ,never kena, so ended no buy.
Maybe I should visit Waterloo street temple liao.

VERY NICE BENG!!

All you need to do now is to slam the fella! No need coilovers if you're not intending to track lah. Quite wasted if you use KW3's for lowering your car! Also coilovers will make your ride harsh.

Go with Koni FSD and Eibach springs. This will give you good comfort and good looks.

Wah ABD, nice wheels, worth it, worth it! If you are considering to lower it, must remember to reverse park ah!

jooggie;145984 said:
Hi ABD,

could you pls monitor yr fc and let us know if there's any substantial increase? another upgrade you can consider is BBK :).

thanks

Actually I didnt bother to monitor the FC, but I reckon its more or less the same-ish ! This wider/broader tyres gives better grip and feels really good when accelerating. My car seat 4 pax just now at 3pm and I drove at DS mode to Yishun hitting 110km/h and the car feels glued to the road :) Opps I was speeding again :screwedu:

fooman700;146039 said:
Wah ABD, nice wheels, worth it, worth it! If you are considering to lower it, must remember to reverse park ah!

Kam sia. I always reverse park one.

That day I parked at suntec saw this black E90 with ACS studded rims and is lowered. Looks see pay chio man...now my barntak itchy also :)

chickenbackside;145998 said:
VERY NICE BENG!!

All you need to do now is to slam the fella! No need coilovers if you're not intending to track lah. Quite wasted if you use KW3's for lowering your car! Also coilovers will make your ride harsh.

Go with Koni FSD and Eibach springs. This will give you good comfort and good looks.

See meh. mmm...let me see how lah. These days toto and 4-D luck not so good leh. Since I bought this car, only kena once 4-D "Bay-Sai"...only enough to buy the 4 x 19" Goodyear tyres :lol2:

Koni FSD and Eibach springs...mmm really so good ah, comfort and chio? How many cm will it lower. My hia-dee driving honda Euro-R told me if dont use Coilovers wait the dont-know-what damper wear out leh....of cos I dont know what he was talking :(

ABD, the Koni/Eibach thingy can lower around 35 mm lah, until barely one finger can poke poke between the upper wheel arch and your tyre's top. Really look very nice one and when you sit 4 pax and drive around Yishun in DS mode, not only you can go at 110 kph chye chye,... also when the TP signal you to pull over, you can "Kup" corner and move to the side chye chye one.

No believe, go to Loyang temple and asked the "Datok" there lor.. he little bit more hiong than Kuan Yin Ma lor...

congrats beng...your new rims and tyres make a bloody HUGE difference looks-wise man..no kidding...every cent well spent!

Kam sia to all the BMW hia-dees for yr compliments. Quick quick all go and change yr rims now leh :) OK just to answer some of the questions I ve received over PMs re FC and acceleration and what have you. These are all valid questions because I also ask before I made the change.

Weight:
OK I weighed the damn 16" OEM rim and RFTs on a weighing scale at the tyre shop and also did the same to the new BBS 19" rim and tyres. The old set weights 22.5kg per set(rim n tyre) while the new ones also weighs...the SAME :) So you can see BBS are generally lighter rims. If I had upgraded to just 18" instead of 19" it would have been lighter than the OEMs. However, mind you when you choose BBS rims, some of the 2 piece(non-forged) ones are heavier.

FC:
Due to the same weight before/after, I really didnt notice much change in FC. I did not consciously monitor it because to me, I was mentally prepared to accept more FC in sacrifice for the looks.

Grip/handling:
The tyre shop made a 'wrong' reccommendation to me to pump air pressure too high initially, at 280 front / 300 rear. The hard tyres make going over humps bumpy and hard braking slightly skiddy. After some valuable advice from BMW hia-dees, and some personal research, I down the pressure of all 4 tyres to 250 now. Super !!!! Can 'jiak' a lot of cars around corners ...kekeke. You can feel more grip and stability overall.

Maintenance:
Oh so much easier to clean bcos the large gaps allow my hand to go all teh way through n clean out the areas with my hand wearing a pair of cotton gloves

Spacers:
After 2 days of installation, the rear wheel look too sunken in. When back to SE tyres and added 1cm BBS spacers to the rear. Maybe 1.5cm would be even better? But looks ok now.

Any more questions? :)

I thought this colour is called POLISHED SILVER? or is it not?

Anyway it is painted. I saw gunmetal colours as well and others but they come in other models.

Actually this colour matches the titanium silver body quite well. If my colour was black in colour, I would choose something more 'glossy' and shinny.

Actually if you dont wash it for few days it will be GUNMETAL COLOUR....kekekeke

Wow Beng, si peh chio man! :goodup: It makes me :drool: Suddenly your rims make me change my mind. How much does the rims cost? Can show me your new car or not? I buy you coffee.

SFW;146122 said:
Wow Beng, si peh chio man! :goodup: It makes me :drool: Suddenly your rims make me change my mind. How much does the rims cost? Can show me your new car or not? I buy you coffee.

Heh no problem. Next week I am on leave entire week.

Got them at South Easy tyres lah, that other shop we were at expensive leh...quoted so much more for same rim....like 7month ghost festival auction like that anyhow shout one.

Heh so u havent change yr rims yet? err...yr 325i can use studded rims leh. I thot the BBS rims with studds look great also, of cos much more pricey.

The Grand Slam !!!!!!!!

See here see there see no shiok. On advice by some hia-dees here on the forum, I sent my mata-chia to have it slammed, and here are the results after lowering the ride with Eibach Springs.

Heres the front wheel after lowering:

THE GRAND SLAM (Cont'd)

next pic shows Rear Wheel after lowering and last pic a final new look of my car.

looks clean!! nice choice.. slightly resembles the stradale setup..

Re: THE GRAND SLAM (Cont'd)

Ahbengdriver;148637 said:
next pic shows Rear Wheel after lowering and last pic a final new look of my car.

since u might be interested in the rs-gt, here is a picture to help you decide.. personally, i think the CH suites your sedan better.. :D like i said, great choice!

ah beng, very nice and clean.

need to add a rear spoiler, then swee swee liao :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79bingo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back