e90 LCI STv1 coilover set up quaries

xman

Hi folks

Really need your help, my STv1 with following Prodrive

F 18x8.5J (2 finger height)
R 18x9.5J (1 finger height, as told max gap already due to ICE sub-woofer load)

Both front and rear are flush with fenders

Howver, I heard rubbing sound from rear tyre when rear loaded with 2 passangers and ICE sub,

After checking with work shop, they said rear rub against the inner "cloth" dressing above the fender.

They advise me to:

1) raise the "cloth" so I can slam low with fully load, to avoid rubbing or
2) add coilver spacer to raise 1 more finger height, as the rear is too low. But I think two finger height effect no nice ler.

Bro, anyone has similar experience with option 1 and still workable till now w/o rubbing sound???

Re: e90 LCI STv1 coilover set up quaries

Yes, I'm on the same coilover as u. With my super wrong offset of +24, my rear tyres rub like mad.
Just go and roll your rear fenders; not sure if thats what ur mechanic meant by " raise the cloth" (whatever that is).

Oh forget to add that after i rolled my fenders, it's much better.
Only rub at Taka basement when going up to exit, and going down Esplanade basement carpark from street level. Other carparks no rubbing.

I am not sure about the offset, but the rear 18" rim is fit exactly for e90, no spacer. I got it from e90 owner who claim the rim is right, for him no problem, no rubbing whatsover

Boss mechanics say it did not rub the inner metal fender, but the "cloth dressing" above it. He said what "banana leave"......

C3PO, where you roll your fender, how much?

xman;632715 said:
I am not sure about the offset, but the rear 18" rim is fit exactly for e90, no spacer. I got it from e90 owner who claim the rim is right, for him no problem, no rubbing whatsover

Boss mechanics say it did not rub the inner metal fender, but the "cloth dressing" above it. He said what "banana leave"......

C3PO, where you roll your fender, how much?

Was the ex-owner's e90 lowered?
Anyway not important liao.
I did mine at Lye Designs - Contact Us. I was introduced to them by Bmwsg hunk of the year 2005-2009.
Less than $100....

Boss told me to raise the "Wheel Arch Inner liner / undercover"....Don't need to roll fender yet since rims is correct size and no offset. hopefully ok

C3P0;632707 said:
Oh forget to add that after i rolled my fenders, it's much better.
Only rub at Taka basement when going up to exit, and going down Esplanade basement carpark from street level. Other carparks no rubbing.

Bugis car park???

cheers

xman;633110 said:
Boss told me to raise the "Wheel Arch Inner liner / undercover"....Don't need to roll fender yet since rims is correct size and no offset. hopefully ok

Hi xman,

noted, go try here and there then keep us update...

* i am on V1 too, 19ins staggarred......i did roll my fender......so far so good
cheers

Now realise lowering car is a long term fine tuning..hhhh

Bro

My car almost like like this with nice rims, still got no time to take nice picture with my D700.....May be this weekend...

xman;633126 said:
Bro

My car almost like like this with nice rims, still got no time to take nice picture with my D700.....May be this weekend...

Nice drop.........

cheers

ac323;633111 said:
Bugis car park???

cheers
Can, as long as we choose the correct entrance,
Btw ur car go Sar Lau got problem? :nehnehhh:

xman;633126 said:
Bro

Nice bodykit. U got from PML and added the splitters?

C3P0;633173 said:
Can, as long as we choose the correct entrance,
Btw ur car go Sar Lau got problem? :nehnehhh:

Nice bodykit. U got from PML and added the splitters?

I still havent got time to take a good picture of my e90.

This picture got from Sgcarmart e92 ..color, grill side mark and rims same as mine

Boss did a good job to touch up the wheel arch undercover...Tested with 2 ppl, no rubbing

I will load with more ppl tmr, hopefully ok:shakemyb:

xman;634116 said:
Boss did a good job to touch up the wheel arch undercover...Tested with 2 ppl, no rubbing

I will load with more ppl tmr, hopefully ok:shakemyb:

Hi, what do u mean by "touch up"?

xman;634131 said:
Cut and glue it with silicone gel...
Cannot imagine how, ha ha, but it's ok, can learn from u when we meet one day. Thanks for explaining nevertheless.

xman;632675 said:
Hi folks

Really need your help, my STv1 with following Prodrive

F 18x8.5J (2 finger height)
R 18x9.5J (1 finger height, as told max gap already due to ICE sub-woofer load)

Both front and rear are flush with fenders

Howver, I heard rubbing sound from rear tyre when rear loaded with 2 passangers and ICE sub,

After checking with work shop, they said rear rub against the inner "cloth" dressing above the fender.

They advise me to:

1) raise the "cloth" so I can slam low with fully load, to avoid rubbing or
2) add coilver spacer to raise 1 more finger height, as the rear is too low. But I think two finger height effect no nice ler.

Bro, anyone has similar experience with option 1 and still workable till now w/o rubbing sound???

Think mine have the same set-up as yours. However my isue is not rubbing at fender but exhaust. Yesterday my car full load and it scratched like hell whenever I went over humps despite super slow speed. Checked and inspected my undercarriage and realised that my exhaust pipes (centre area) got badly scratched.

Probably one issue that the government should do after the Election is to remove as many humps as possible in Singapore. Our country seem to have one of the most road humps in the world. Everyday just to enter and gets out of my car park alone already got 10 speed humps!! Ridiculous!! Kiasu with the wrong reasons! :boxing:

i can attest to this. my exhaust pipe (the twisted portion not the muffler) has many yellow paint on it ... a free gift from humps ! :lol2:
hate most is the hump that appear right after coming up from basement carpark ... jurong point ... hate it !

snowmanyee;635439 said:
Think mine have the same set-up as yours. However my isue is not rubbing at fender but exhaust. Yesterday my car full load and it scratched like hell whenever I went over humps despite super slow speed. Checked and inspected my undercarriage and realised that my exhaust pipes (centre area) got badly scratched.

I have the rubbing issue too. Wondering is suspension problem? The rubbing sound only happen on the front, can roll fender be done on front?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back