E90 renewed COE Owners Corner

Re: E90 renewed COE Owners Corner

1Really wondering to get 10 Post!!! hahahah definetely a good way to reduce spammers! was quite confused on why the new thread wasnt there! LOL

Zion1987;1131322 said:
Hi bro,
You renewed 5 years or 10 years?

I renewed another 10 years

Bags4queen;1132228 said:
I paid $58615 for 10 years.

would you please share your assumptions about the major parts and major servicing over the course of the next 10 years? just wanted to see if there are items other than gearbox, engine overhaul, or there are others I missed....thanks for sharing

lylcnn;1132241 said:
would you please share your assumptions about the major parts and major servicing over the course of the next 10 years? just wanted to see if there are items other than gearbox, engine overhaul, or there are others I missed....thanks for sharing

There is really no way to guess what will need to be changed over the next 10 years. Driving style, maintenance and a little bit of luck plays a part on what will last a little longer.

ignition coil, valvetronics, radiator, aircon, pipings, belts, suspension are bound to give way like any mid age car etc.

Bags4queen;1132346 said:
There is really no way to guess what will need to be changed over the next 10 years. Driving style, maintenance and a little bit of luck plays a part on what will last a little longer.

ignition coil, valvetronics, radiator, aircon, pipings, belts, suspension are bound to give way like any mid age car etc.

If anyone changing brake discs(rotors) pls let me know, I am willing to buy the old one.

If anyone changing e90 brake rotors ,pls let me know, i am willing to buy the used rotor.both front and rear.

Benno;1132369 said:
If anyone changing e90 brake rotors ,pls let me know, i am willing to buy the used rotor.both front and rear.

wasted. I could have given you my old rotors.

I have a reconditioned starter motor for sale. Internal parts changed ,new carbon brushes for e90 320.

Would appreciate it if you could PM me your workshop details.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

red11devil;1131020 said:
I just got my E90 320i couple of months back. Mind PM me which workshop u visited? My regular mech dont seem to know much about our Bimmer..

Mine is expiring in Oct this year.
I am also toying with the idea of renewing a 10 year COE just have to calculate the cost of repairs.
It wont be much as I have always maintained my drive pretty well.

If the QPQ drops to $45k or lesser, I would renew..
If I get bored and COE shoots up again in the next few years, I would sell and still have driven for the past few years cheaply..

What are your thoughts?

My car will expire next year. However, I have been thinking about this as well as it is a very good car and I love it. However, what I do not know is that after you renew your COE, what do you use to justify your selling price ? For example, now your car is likely worth 55% of your OMV + depreciation x no of years left (around 10-12k per year) if dealer take in. After you renew your COE, you OMV is totally gone. Whats left is only the COE paper value. So if you were to renew and after 2 years, how much will you be able to sell your car at ? COE value + ???

Versatile;1132944 said:
Mine is expiring in Oct this year.
I am also toying with the idea of renewing a 10 year COE just have to calculate the cost of repairs.
It wont be much as I have always maintained my drive pretty well.

If the QPQ drops to $45k or lesser, I would renew..
If I get bored and COE shoots up again in the next few years, I would sell and still have driven for the past few years cheaply..

What are your thoughts?

Sounds logical enough!

Cost to maintain >10 year old E90 if manageable and you don't have itch to drive a brand new car why not :)

E90 renewed COE Owners Corner

blackant;1133006 said:
My car will expire next year. However, I have been thinking about this as well as it is a very good car and I love it. However, what I do not know is that after you renew your COE, what do you use to justify your selling price ? For example, now your car is likely worth 55% of your OMV + depreciation x no of years left (around 10-12k per year) if dealer take in. After you renew your COE, you OMV is totally gone. Whats left is only the COE paper value. So if you were to renew and after 2 years, how much will you be able to sell your car at ? COE value + ???

COE cars are harder to sell for sure

For starters your depreciation for > 10 year old car would be PQP paid + parf forgone.

Assuming 40k PQP + 22k parf = 66k, your annual depreciation would be 6.6k/y

Drive for 2 years left 8 years, you can try selling at 6.6k x 8 + some body

Worse case if no takers you can always get your balance COE which is 4k x 8 years back

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup thats right. The depreciation over the next 10 years will be lower.
I guess the balance COE would be 22k X .8. but that also mean you lost 40k within 2 years. Haha.
And all this are not including the increase in roadtax every year.
I am driving the 335I and the roadtax increase rate cannot be neglected.

By the way, does anyone knows whats the latest body price for E90 335 ?

canuck78;1133094 said:
Sounds logical enough!

Cost to maintain >10 year old E90 if manageable and you don't have itch to drive a brand new car why not :)

I calculated if I scrap, would have probably receive about $25k so if QPQ is at $45k, it will make a total of $70k.
$7k depre for the next 10 years! Cheap ah! :yummie:

blackant;1133101 said:
Yup thats right. The depreciation over the next 10 years will be lower.
I guess the balance COE would be 22k X .8. but that also mean you lost 40k within 2 years. Haha.
And all this are not including the increase in roadtax every year.
I am driving the 335I and the roadtax increase rate cannot be neglected.

By the way, does anyone knows whats the latest body price for E90 335 ?

Yes for bread and butter models like 320/325i the risk for foregone parf is higher.

335i/M3 should have no problem retaining their value as there's always collectors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bapehoodies1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back