ear fones

totoseow

Legendary 10 Years
can someone recommend me a good in-ear fones?

dug around n saw shure 535 as the most knn expensive n most recommended one...
then i walk walk ck tang n saw sennheiser mm80i which fit ifone n good for me to travel n watch movie on planes....

i dun mind paying but from ipod does it make sense to pay crazy money for the shures?

Re: ear fones

for plane get those with active noise cancelling

noise cancelling only hv those CUP the ears type..damn hot...n look like mat rock. dun want.

bulky n heavy too.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you are going for triple drivers like Shure 535, try the following:
Westone 3
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 (these are huge, but cheaper)
Shure E500

Personally I like Westone sound signature and comfort/form factor. You have to try them before you buy..Jaben at adelphi and Stereo at Plaza Sing lets you audition the earphones before buying.

Never go for Bose

ok marky. the westones 3 hv good reviews.

ed which shure u hv? the 535 got noise cancelling?

Personally I only have Westone 1...it gets me by, but I have regrets whenever I try my colleagues Westone 3 or UE triple fi 10. So please go for the crazy expensive triple driver earphones.

Which ipod you using? There are loads of portable DACs and amplifiers available in the market

marklee;593656 said:
Personally I only have Westone 1...it gets me by, but I have regrets whenever I try my colleagues Westone 3 or UE triple fi 10. So please go for the crazy expensive triple driver earphones.

Which ipod you using? There are loads of portable DACs and amplifiers available in the market

using my ifone now. mostly rubbish inside. but thinking of downloading betetr quality songs.

totoseow;593642 said:
can someone recommend me a good in-ear fones?

dug around n saw shure 535 as the most knn expensive n most recommended one...
then i walk walk ck tang n saw sennheiser mm80i which fit ifone n good for me to travel n watch movie on planes....

i dun mind paying but from ipod does it make sense to pay crazy money for the shures?

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/image-s4i-overview/http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/

These are really comfy. You can get them from Epicentre. Good stuff! The other one I was eyeing was the Ultimate Ears. But decided o the Klipsch instead due to comfort. Having said that, I haven't gone to the shop to pick it up.

Those in-ears have very different sound signature across not only different brands but models too. You might wanna purchase a set of comply tip (your size) and head down to Jaben or your favourite shops for audition b4 making the decision.

Recommend Westones, UE or Shure. But you pick the model according to the music you like n your taste ;)

I recommend ultimate ears triple fi. Get the v model with mic for your iPhone.

I'd recommend Westone UM3x, been using them for a while now. So far so gd on the plane, doesn't cut the engine noise 100% but works gd enough for me. I think you should be able to change the earphone cables for something with an inline mic if you want to use them for phone calls on the iphone.

And the plus point's that you won't look weird listening to them, unless you don't mind having blue ear buds sticking out of your ears (UE triple fi).

noise cancelling ones give me a headache. so u may wish to try out first. Alternative i think Jaben at adelphi can make a mould of your ear and produce an piece that fits ur ears perfectly. Thus blocks out noise....no need for noise cancelling.

Audio Technica with active noise-cancellation is also not bad for the price.

go to jaben at the adelphi. the shop will allow you to try all sort of models based on your budget. this shop also does customized in-ear cans based on your ear profile and contours (though this would take a week or two).

..............Aiya, juz use those issued by the cabin crew lor......

Try Etymotic -- order from Amazon for reduced price. I personally don't like active noise cancellation pieces (bulky, compression on ear drums), so an in-ear noise isolation earphone works great.

Fantastic noise isolation, exceptionally clear sound. Tight and clear bass, but not boosted. If you like heavy bass, skip this brand.

Very happy with the purchase. All in price including freight about SGD220.

thanks all. i just went to jaben...

i told them let me try all ur best. do not tell me the brand or price.
ok i recognise some of the models..shure, sennheiser etc. i tried a total of 8 pairs. n i picked one of them. holy mother of genhis khan....i picked this

JH AUDIO | Pro Music

JH 16pro....1.8ksgd. custom made.

i walked out dazed. i said let me think about it...its freaking nuts to pay such price...but once i put on the rest of the shures, etymotics, sennheisers....NOTHING comes close. this has 8 drivers....the most expensive off the rack shures hv 3.

its mind boggling the sound. the guy is jerry harvey, founder of ultimate ears....he was the chief soundman of van halen..what can i say.

now i sit here n think.....1.8k is very mad....:( if i buy my wife i will tell my wife 300 bucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back