earthquake sws-8

Re: earthquake sws-8

SWS has been ordered and sent to LA. I'm gonna pick it up in 2 weeks time :)

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of ordering a pair of the SWS 8 directly also.....any idea how much the audio shops charge for installation?

It's just plug and play into the existing space under the front seats right?

While I'm at it, what's the speaker size for the front doors of the E60? 4"?
I'm thinking of switching out the pair on the door frame as well....as well as the tweeter pod near the A pillar.....

xj40;681331 said:
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of ordering a pair of the SWS 8 directly also.....any idea how much the audio shops charge for installation?

It's just plug and play into the existing space under the front seats right?

While I'm at it, what's the speaker size for the front doors of the E60? 4"?
I'm thinking of switching out the pair on the door frame as well....as well as the tweeter pod near the A pillar.....[/QUOTE

Yes. The front door speakers are 4'. Are u gonna order online too? I ordered a pair of focal 100Krs online. Had a check with an Ice shop and found that k2p costs more than 1k++ when online price is v much less.

Have u decided which installer u r gonna have yr SWS installed. I'm considering between a few. It's a difficult decision for a first timer like me cos all the installers mentioned here and sgsoundsystem have mixed reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

The stock HU may have problems driving the speakers......and their crossover freq may be different from the oem ones......

I took the plunge and installed a processor and some amps to go full active in the end.....:goodup:

Guys

I have also looked online at the parts and most of it are quite good pricing compared to Singapore prices. I have looked at wooferetc and sonixelectronics web and ebay. The JL Audio and Alpine D Class amps looks very attractive in terms of price and the footprint.

In terms of the parts, I also need a pair of earthquakes SWS-8 4 ohms, one 4" component (the price is a big range here), one 4 channel, processor and Denison Gateway 500.

I too am clueless on which installer can do a good job at reasonable cost. I am also concerned on whether they can fix the Denison Gateway 500. I am happy to hear recommendations here.

Thx

I find the pricing online is great and due to favorable exchange rate with USD, it's more worth it to order online . Plus I flying to US qte often so I can save on shipping. However base on my limited knowledge on ICE, I'm taking a risk in choosing what speakers and amp to buy.

Hopefully it will turn out well with SWS, Focal 100KRs 4' components. Still thinking what amp to drive these speakers. I have audison SR 4 channels in mind. Wonder if it's a good choice cos it's entirely based on recommendation from a ICE shop and because it's affordable.

Do I need a processor? If yes, what will be a good choice.
Appreciate any input from sifus here. thanks.

xj40;684503 said:
The stock HU may have problems driving the speakers......and their crossover freq may be different from the oem ones......

I took the plunge and installed a processor and some amps to go full active in the end.....:goodup:

jylam;684800 said:
I find the pricing online is great and due to favorable exchange rate with USD, it's more worth it to order online . Plus I flying to US qte often so I can save on shipping. However base on my limited knowledge on ICE, I'm taking a risk in choosing what speakers and amp to buy.

Hopefully it will turn out well with SWS, Focal 100KRs 4' components. Still thinking what amp to drive these speakers. I have audison SR 4 channels in mind. Wonder if it's a good choice cos it's entirely based on recommendation from a ICE shop and because it's affordable.

Do I need a processor? If yes, what will be a good choice.
Appreciate any input from sifus here. thanks.

the stock HU output full range frequency for the front left and right channel with the fronts door speakers and underseat woofers wired in parallel to it - the EQ has been tweeted for the front channels to make up for the absence of tweeters - hence a processor is the way to go if u want to clean up the sound output :) ...bitone is the way to go if u want the best, JBL MS8 is quite popular in the states, while I bought the alpine H660 because it is really cheap (and good). Local installers are familiar with bitone but not the latter two.

the focals are quite good but at that price range there are several options - can look at the rainbow profi or the morel hybrid series as well.

WT

You should check carefully what your car comes with first.....
For some weird reason, my car came with tweeters in the tweeter pods.......*shrug*

I went for Bit One......quite happy with the sound quality.
Now just trying to sort out one issue with my setup----when no music is playing and when the bitone is one, there's a very low level background hiss coming from the tweeter.....once the music plays I can't really hear the hiss anymore....

I think it might be due to the gains setting, still tweaking around with the bitone myself to see if I can solve it......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back