ECU Tune by Danish Tuner

Re: ECU Tune by Danish Tuner

satinGHOST|r!der said:
You may not be aware but there have been cases where workshops have damaged ECUs due to piggybacks. And the cost of replacement is thousands of dollars as compared to a malfunctioned ECU which costs a couple of hundred bucks to flash back to stock standard.
:furious: :furious: :furious:

satinGHOST|r!der;428231 said:
I dont know what you are trying to drive at. A malfunctioned ECU does not happen simply just like that or from wrong tuning. And because the software this tuner is writing is based on the stock standard BMW ECU, all the safety nets are in place even if it is tuned wrongly least to say impossible to happen. Nor would PML know since the software has not been overwritten but tweaked. People like DMS who has been around the flash tuning scene for years and none of them locally here have complained of such a problem of engines failing / malfunctioning or engine inable to start/stall for that matter. And basically most of these tunes are on exotics compared to BMWs. No problems. Actually, most people are more afraid of the dealers updating the software on a tuned ECU which means all the settings are gone. And this difference is very noticable especially when you lose power due to a stock standard ECU map being overwritten. So the tuner has to come again to re-upload the settings. This is predominantly the concern more than anything else.

You may not be aware but there have been cases where workshops have damaged ECUs due to piggybacks. It also carries an equal risk of damaging the ECU via piggybag IF you are not familiar with it. And the cost of replacement is thousands of dollars as compared to a malfunctioned ECU which costs a couple of hundred bucks to flash back to stock standard. Professionals handling piggybags have zero problems and in your case, you are happy with it so no need to flash. :)

Cheers!

What I am trying to say is if the ECU is fried, will the tuner be there for us when we need him? No - I believe is the answer. Yes, I understand there is no particular reason that the ECU should fail after it is done.
Once on my STi, ECU fried due to whatsoever reason the tuner has given me after I drove the car hard. Towed the car back to the tuner, no questions asked, the tuner replace my ECU. Of coz since then, I have never go back to that shop at payaubi again. Note that no other hardware was replaced.
Replacing the fried ECU, be it failed by flash or piggyback, it is still thousands of dollars.

Power quest is never ending for me. But if there is a potential risk in no-aftersales-support, then I won't risk it.

Anyway, thanks for all the info and the discussion. It is refreshing. :cloud9:

simple. i m interested, but will see wat happen to the super cars first lor.

OT. where to find DMS tuner har?

mumu;428255 said:
What I am trying to say is if the ECU is fried, will the tuner be there for us when we need him? No - I believe is the answer. Yes, I understand there is no particular reason that the ECU should fail after it is done.
Once on my STi, ECU fried due to whatsoever reason the tuner has given me after I drove the car hard. Towed the car back to the tuner, no questions asked, the tuner replace my ECU. Of coz since then, I have never go back to that shop at payaubi again. Note that no other hardware was replaced.
Replacing the fried ECU, be it failed by flash or piggyback, it is still thousands of dollars.

Power quest is never ending for me. But if there is a potential risk in no-aftersales-support, then I won't risk it.

Anyway, thanks for all the info and the discussion. It is refreshing. :cloud9:

Exactly. There is always a risk associated with any kind of aftermarket mods be it hardware of flash. Alot of European tuners here who tune cars are the same. We only use them because they are more experienced and familiar with tuning these kind of cars. Naturally, you would expect very good results. Its a tradeoff sadly but there has not been any major complain on any cars having their ECUs fried because of tuning by them. Otherwise, it would be public knowledge. Trust me, with a forum like this, it takes even the slightest mistake to create an awareness.

Having this guy tune 7 E92 M3s in USA and Greece with fantastic results and them running for almost 6 months now, I am convinced that it is worth getting my car tuned by him. Especially when it is someone writing the ECU officially for BMW. Why would I have the possibility of something going wrong? There is a possibility of course but a remote one. He has also tuned many other cars like Bugatti Veyron and the SLR 722 Mclaren.

Moreover, he is having unreleased gearbox and engine software not released by BMW USA and BMW Europe because he has written it for them and they have recently approved it. It will take some time before it trickles down to the dealers.

JohnChan;428261 said:
simple. i m interested, but will see wat happen to the super cars first lor.

OT. where to find DMS tuner har?

1. Click Search
2. Type DMS

totoseow;428264 said:
what car do u want DMS to tune?

PM him instead of posting here please. This is not a DMS thread.

cb i just asked a casual question....so rude for fark? u tik i care to promote dms here? in your thread? nb.

totoseow;428284 said:
cb i just asked a casual question....so rude for fark? u tik i care to promote dms here? in your thread? nb.

??????? Rude??? If i was rude, i wont say please hor. I think you know me better. Just that I dont want this thread to go OT when I am trying hard to get those keen on tuning. Thats all. Ai tune mai? Come on the 15th if you want to see how it is tuned. You can talk to him and ask him more about his tuning if you are interested.

totoseow;428322 said:
im still waiting for his email reply..

Maybe he is too busy to reply to so many email. He has replied me though and email me his flight details however. Just resend him again and mark as reminder.

Just got back from the mega tuning day with Ruben and Omar... there were a couple of other likely lads there too and the experience in itself was cool.

Gotta say, Omar, Ruben's work is incredible. Off of the dyno, we (he) got over 30 ponies... thats a good 10% gain on an E46M3 (that had already had an ECU map on!). Ruben then insisted on going for a drive tune... yup, on the move! Also, if anyone says you can't tune an SMG... you can: I came, I saw, I felt... and it feels good. He also disabled the back to default setting on the sports button, increased the rev limiter and some other stuff which was just beyond my comprehension.

On the road, the car pulls and pulls and pulllllllllls.... cant wait to get on the track :)

Summary... well worth it. When Ruben is back in town... book early!!

Girettom;429595 said:
Just got back from the mega tuning day with Ruben and Omar... there were a couple of other likely lads there too and the experience in itself was cool.

Gotta say, Omar, Ruben's work is incredible. Off of the dyno, we (he) got over 30 ponies... thats a good 10% gain on an E46M3 (that had already had an ECU map on!). Ruben then insisted on going for a drive tune... yup, on the move! Also, if anyone says you can't tune an SMG... you can: I came, I saw, I felt... and it feels good. He also disabled the back to default setting on the sports button, increased the rev limiter and some other stuff which was just beyond my comprehension.

On the road, the car pulls and pulls and pulllllllllls.... cant wait to get on the track :)

Summary... well worth it. When Ruben is back in town... book early!!
now that's a great review.

so any review from e92 M3 owners yet?
... any improvement on DCT retarded gear 2 problem?
when will Ruben be back in town?

zag;429693 said:
so any review from e92 M3 owners yet?
... any improvement on DCT retarded gear 2 problem?
when will Ruben be back in town?

The 2nd gear problem is still there but it has been reduced some what. Because he uses a baseline software to tune the gearbox, the software still exhibits the lag. But he has imrpoved quite significantly the speed of the gearbox through the gears. It feels alot more sensational and a bit more buttery changing gears. Best of all is removing the damn limiter. Good Riddance!

A couple more thing on my tune I forgot to mention. I did a cold start this morning, and the car roared into action. All good - except I forgot that I had left sports mode on :)

I remember Ruben doing two other things

1. He minimized the cars ability to overly adapt the timing... allowing some adaptation, but not a high degree
2. He changed the ECU's comprehension of the lambda sensors such that it knows there are hi-flow cats.

This should basically supress the Check Engine Light problem for good... :sneaky: hurrah!!

... running rich and proud :lol2:

Girettom;429762 said:
A couple more thing on my tune I forgot to mention. I did a cold start this morning, and the car roared into action. All good - except I forgot that I had left sports mode on :)

I remember Ruben doing two other things

1. He minimized the cars ability to overly adapt the timing... allowing some adaptation, but not a high degree
2. He changed the ECU's comprehension of the lambda sensors such that it knows there are hi-flow cats.

This should basically supress the Check Engine Light problem for good... :sneaky: hurrah!!

... running rich and proud :lol2:

I just wished the SMG Hacking turned out better than what came out of it. All because of an oversight on his end using the wrong chip to program. I am sure your car would have had much more sensation on the hacked SMG program. Hell I was shocked outta my wits what he did with the SMG control module. And he really knew what in the hell he was doing. If only he had more time. Either way, everything turned out well.

:evil: :evil:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back