Encouraging Changi Track News!

Re: Encouraging Changi Track News!

its like a jinx-ed project

tan gu gu...

Screwed up. By the time this is done. I will be racing in paper cars for formula coffin

the supension is fully unloaded? that spring looks like it will jiggle around?
thought usually there's a thinner smaller helper spring to keep them in place?

unless they get a big gun like ong beng seng & F1, hard for others to put up the cost lah... no other car race in the world gets as much attention as F1 & this track cant support F1, so v hard to make the numbers work lah... malaysia boleh coz they dont mind loss making projects..

thats a fantastic shot of those ohlins....i din notice that. love that car dun ya?

zuoom;648578 said:
the supension is fully unloaded? that spring looks like it will jiggle around?
thought usually there's a thinner smaller helper spring to keep them in place?

As you can see the wheel was off, and there were no alignment plate bolted to the hub or anything else supporting the upright or hub... so yes it was at full droop.

Helper springs are really only needed if the setup has
- roll stiffness ratio is extreme enough and the turn duration long enough that the unloads one corner enough or lifts a wheel and for long enough a duration
- low spring rates in general and/or low antis such that travel is used up quickly under lat and long accel
- low downforce and so low aero damping and low vertical load over most parts of the track
- low rebound damping force such the wheel even over temporary unloading means lots of droop
- a lot of droop travel on a closed wheel car in order for the wheel and tire, if deep within the wheel arch, to clear the wheel arch when the car is raised, so that wheels can be changed easily in quick pit stops. Need to drop the car after and have springs settle right without damaging anything.

Or if the track is really bumpy and / or curb hopping is required.

Most mid engined racecars making decent downforce like this, don't fit the above. And the tracks they run on are almost always pretty smooth without crazy curbs. Few series' have pit stops.

===

Jeremy, the single photo shows all kinds of sexy properness lol.. which is why I uploaded it... the damper, the light but super stiff bulkhead, cnc machined bits all serialized, quick-adjustable ARB, proper connections and insulation, beefy adjustable tubular control arms, clean brake wear , ducting, lightweight but very durable kevlar wheel well..

Don't wait for SG track.. it might never happen hahah

Last edited by a moderator:

on the basis of performance alone...hands down Reiter
but performance/dollar may go to Trofeo.. not sure of its cost or spec

Last edited by a moderator:

spec wise its only 30hp. but weight wise...about 80kg. price wise. 180k euros vs 288.5k euros.

over 100K EUR difference.. has to be a lot of less obvious differences... chassis stiffness, downforce levels, tire sizes, suspension kinematics, damper system and brake system quality, electronic spec, bodywork materials?

Shaun;648680 said:
over 100K EUR difference.. has to be a lot of less obvious differences... chassis stiffness, downforce levels, tire sizes, suspension kinematics, damper system and brake system quality, electronic spec, bodywork materials?

chasis isnt both the same? downforce just the use of plastics only mah. suspension im not sure, prob big diff. i hv the lp600 full spec sheet if u r keen to see. electronic wise..its full rieter on the lp600.

anyway thats the car to beat in the gt3 class now. the trofeo is 4wd as well. safer leh..i just wanna b track day hero. not racing.

ur pic is of the lp 600. where did u take it? buy gt3 class car sure cant take part in track days too.

Trofeo Jem
Cheaper to run

I got more shots up close from AFOS that can make u cum

totoseow;648713 said:
chasis isnt both the same?

Not necessarily because different rules and budgets allow different things to be done to the production chassis. Lengthening / shortening different sections, bracing, etc.

downforce just the use of plastics only mah.
Definitely not so simple mate.. compare the Trofeo diffuser to Reiter's, the underbody, splitter, rear wing, all massively different. Look at the ride heights alone. Can't just pull parts over too because the aero balance has to be right and matched to the suspension which involves kinematics, involving optimizing suspension kinematics at that ride height, which means chassis modification.. all linked.

anyway thats the car to beat in the gt3 class now.
yes the reiters have been dominant in gt3 for over a year now

totoseow;648714 said:
ur pic is of the lp 600. where did u take it?

it's of the father of the lp600.. the lp560
at work with a team that runs range of gt cars

===

I agree that value win goes to Trofeo.. no need to spend so much more for a few sec at open trackdays.. With the 100K EUR... can buy a cheap formula car that'll beat the LP600 hollow... mainly because of its 500kg weight advantage :D

totoseow;648555 said:
Screwed up. By the time this is done. I will be racing in paper cars for formula coffin

bwahahahahahaa

the track is a joke and egg in the face of the Singapore Sports Council. I aint expecting it to be built before the next ice age either.

OT abit, at the current lemans 24hrs practice session for pro class, BMW M3 is faster then Ferrari 458 :D

Which Ch showing that?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lentoria28

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups