Engine coolant water topup

Re: Engine coolant water topup

Ok bro. Thanks for the info. I'll find online. See if they have it.

It reads (Mo shi xxx me) not sure of that character.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

tanwzhang;1083629 said:
Ok bro. Thanks for the info. I'll find online. See if they have it.

It reads (Mo shi xxx me) not sure of that character.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I cant read the japanese words..sory bro...hope you found it online. If you couldn't find it, do let me know..we can works something out.

Hi guys, changed a couple of hoses for coolant leakage... But still did not rectify the problem, one month later, top up coolant again... And subsequently, every 7 days is needed for top up.

Send in to jb Francis and was told that radiator need to change. Any advise? Was told before by changing a few hoses will fixed the problem but now.... More damage seems surfacing. Thanks.

Khzlir;1084717 said:
Hi guys, changed a couple of hoses for coolant leakage... But still did not rectify the problem, one month later, top up coolant again... And subsequently, every 7 days is needed for top up.

Send in to jb Francis and was told that radiator need to change. Any advise? Was told before by changing a few hoses will fixed the problem but now.... More damage seems surfacing. Thanks.

bro try the radiator sealer which I have posted the photo earlier, its really effective, mine got waterjacket leak before now its ok. Sometime need to use 2-3 bottle to seal it 100%. Not sure where to get it in spore but worth a try

Khzlir;1084717 said:

Its about time. Change it. Why risk having a leaking radiator. Wait your engine overheat.

Rubber hoses, radiator, expansion tank, water pump, heater unit, etc all the water related parts when was the last time you changed?

It's probably time depending how old your ride is and it will comes one after another.

Unless you have already fix them all in one round yourself?

Khzlir;1084717 said:

Start with change workshop ......

Khzlir;1084717 said:

canuck78;1084726 said:
Rubber hoses, radiator, expansion tank, water pump, heater unit, etc all the water related parts when was the last time you changed?

It's probably time depending how old your ride is and it will comes one after another.

Unless you have already fix them all in one round yourself?

I've recently changed the water pump and some rubber hoses, thermostat housing.

My ride is old... 2008 till now... 520i... Mileage 199k...

If I constantly add water when coolant is low, does it affect the engine?

Some other parts that was not leaking before may leak now after you got new parts eg water pump added etc, so it is normal wear and tear.

You can add just water now but ideally 50/50 water coolant mix so your radiator don't rust.

That said, the real fix is still get at root of water leak and fix it on the right spot / part(s).

canuck78;1084793 said:
Some other parts that was not leaking before may leak now after you got new parts eg water pump added etc, so it is normal wear and tear.

You can add just water now but ideally 50/50 water coolant mix so your radiator don't rust.

That said, the real fix is still get at root of water leak and fix it on the right spot / part(s).

Any workshop recommendations? Cheap and reliable.... Lol....

Khzlir;1084743 said:
I've recently changed the water pump and some rubber hoses, thermostat housing.

My ride is old... 2008 till now... 520i... Mileage 199k...

If I constantly add water when coolant is low, does it affect the engine?

my ride are much older than yours 2002 model e46. I have a waterjacket leak just below the engine in between the gearbox, I just use a leak sealer, don't let it leak longer time as it will introduce corrosion no matter what corrosion inhibitor coolant you have. Just imagine how bad my leak is when I have to top the water everyday before I go to work due to the warning light up when arrive at my office and home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine coolant water topup

Khzlir;1084798 said:
Any workshop recommendations? Cheap and reliable.... Lol....

Try the sponsors WS here like BVO (Sin Ming), R2D (Woodlands), etc def good.

Or non sponsors WS like 2277 (Ubi), M&Q Auto (Tampines)

I always go speedhaus at ubi. Always the best price out there. We'll, at least for me. :)

Mel279;1083630 said:
I cant read the japanese words..sory bro...hope you found it online. If you couldn't find it, do let me know..we can works something out.

I found k-seal at autobacs singapore. Selling sgd 29.90. Working for me now. :)

Thanks bro.
:)

tanwzhang;1086234 said:
I found k-seal at autobacs singapore. Selling sgd 29.90. Working for me now. :)

Thanks bro.
:)

wc bro...good to know it works for you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmbet888comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back