Engine oil refill twice within 1 service interval?

Alex Lee

Hi guys! Just a question, as mentioned in the title above, I had just topped up my engine oil for the 2nd time within 1 service interval (within 10k mileage). I am driving a F10 535i. I don't think this is normal but just want to seek your opinions. I don't think engine oil leakage is the cause as there is no "oil puddle" in the morning even after I did not drive the car after a few days. Other than oil leakage, are there any other possible causes?

View attachment 60915View attachment 60914View attachment 60916

On the side note, managed to hit 600k mileage in 1 tank with 100km more to go! :shakemyb:

Re: Engine oil refill twice within 1 service interval?

Alex Lee;1081535 said:
Hi guys! Just a question, as mentioned in the title above, I had just topped up my engine oil for the 2nd time within 1 service interval (within 10k mileage). I am driving a F10 535i. I don't think this is normal but just want to seek your opinions. I don't think engine oil leakage is the cause as there is no "oil puddle" in the morning even after I did not drive the car after a few days. Other than oil leakage, are there any other possible causes?

View attachment 60915View attachment 60914View attachment 60916

On the side note, managed to hit 600k mileage in 1 tank with 100km more to go! :shakemyb:

Thats great mileage bro! But you're not enjoying what it's supposed to give u !

I'm also driving a 535i, I need to top up 1L of engine oil in between servicing interval.

However, my mileage sucks compared to yours. Maybe coz I drive my car hard :)

My N55 engine doesn't have this problem. But my servicing interval is only 8000km and it is due .

thats very good mileage bro. how is your drving pattern n route?

ShaunJeremy;1081555 said:
Btw, check if your car got any leaks?

No leaks and oil patch at the bottom of the car in the morning. Topping up engine oil once per service interval is pretty normal but twice, i feel thats a bit too much. What do you guys think? Btw, when i top up engine oil, i always buy shell ultra 5W-40. Do you guys use the same?

Euphoria;1081540 said:
I'm also driving a 535i, I need to top up 1L of engine oil in between servicing interval.

However, my mileage sucks compared to yours. Maybe coz I drive my car hard :)

Topping up 1L of engine oil in between servicing internal is normal but twice, i don't feel quite right. Have you topped up twice between 1 service internal before? And due to how low the engine oil, dare not push the rpm so high. probably thats why so good mileage lol. HOWEVER, just topped up engine oil, time to open up the tap :D

Alex Lee;1081657 said:
Topping up 1L of engine oil in between servicing internal is normal but twice, i don't feel quite right. Have you topped up twice between 1 service internal before? And due to how low the engine oil, dare not push the rpm so high. probably thats why so good mileage lol. HOWEVER, just topped up engine oil, time to open up the tap :D

Used to be quite normal for me (http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-5-...10-m5-using-5w-30-10w-60-a-2.html#post1015242)

Before my latest engine oil change, I needed only 1 top up 1 ltr @ almost 8000km. I use MA's 5W30.

Hi guys, sent in the car to Munich (warranty with PML expired) for servicing at the same time to check for oil leaks. Turns out that for my previous service, PML replaced my Engine Oil Drain Plug by a resized drain plug (not the original) as the thread for the oil pan wore out. This resized drain plug could not fit properly, hence the leak. This was not brought to my attention by PML during the servicing i did with them (was still under warranty then). Recommended by Munich to replace the oil pan which cost almost 2k. I did not replace it. Going to PML tomorrow to buddha palm. Do you guys think my case is arguable with PML?

How to prove it was PML that replaced the resized drain plug for you?

I totally understand your frustrations and support your actions. My question is.. To be successful in your bang table venture, you somehow have to show proof..

Cannot be. . . . . PML is da best workshop in Singapore to condem your BMW.

Please check if your oil pan is belongs to BMW or Hyundai.

christopher ngo;1083457 said:
Cannot be. . . . . PML is da best workshop in Singapore to condem your BMW.

Please check if your oil pan is belongs to BMW or Hyundai.

Piss off lah. Your comments have not been very useful to me, like some pricks on the forum who only post really useless information for others to read. Thank god I am not in that category.

Cheers mate!

MW;1083458 said:
Piss off lah. Your comments have not been very useful to me, like some pricks on the forum who only post really useless information for others to read. Thank god I am not in that category.

Cheers mate!

ADMIN, i want to complaint somepricks on the forum who only post really useless information for others to read. Thank god I am not in that category.

MW;1083458 said:

Cheers mate!

christopher ngo;1083471 said:
MW;1083458 said:

Cheers mate!

ADMIN, i want to complaint somepricks on the forum who only post really useless information for others to read. Thank god I am not in that category.

Guys pple r gg thru a difficult time.... u all sibeh jialat lay...... can u guys b more helpful???

for example..... change his NUTS... i mean drain plug......

casper77;1083490 said:
christopher ngo;1083471 said:
Guys pple r gg thru a difficult time.... u all sibeh jialat lay...... can u guys b more helpful???

for example..... change his NUTS... i mean drain plug......

Just change whole engine will be more cost effective solution.
Normal PML spirit .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetceovn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back