Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

Winston

It have been noticed that there are a couple of bmw car owners out there who are driving a 318 or 320 and have been retagged their rides to a 330. They simply rebadge a 320 to a 330 by changing the “2” in a 320 to “3” as in a 330.

Personally, I feel puzzled why anyone should retag their 318 or 320 to a 330 to beguile the layman especially if he / she belong to this forum.

Not intending to censure anyone on their freedom of expressions; would like to field for opinions on this issue to determine if such actions are condemnable and culpable or “hey it’s my car, I can do whatever I want”.

Like I always said, you should be happy with what you have. Do not try to pretend to have something that you actually do not have. People when they find out will not respect you for it. In fact, they will most likely spit on you. So why the need to Hao Lian?

Hmmm, maybe they are hoping to drop a turbo charger or something into their 318 or 320 to eventually get as many horses as a 330i :lol:

Re: Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

Winston said:
It have been noticed that there are a couple of bmw car owners out there who are driving a 318 or 320 and have been retagged their rides to a 330. They simply rebadge a 320 to a 330 by changing the “2” in a 320 to “3” as in a 330.

Personally, I feel puzzled why anyone should retag their 318 or 320 to a 330 to beguile the layman especially if he / she belong to this forum.

Not intending to censure anyone on their freedom of expressions; would like to field for opinions on this issue to determine if such actions are condemnable and culpable or “hey it’s my car, I can do whatever I want”.

You toot lah, this is the fastest way to convert to 3.0l engine in 10 minutes. :lol:

i agree.. always be happy with wat u have.. anymore is pure bonus... but to show pple a 330 where it's a 320??.. mann.. no face man.. seriously.. i wldn't noe why wld such a person want this kinda attention. Nothing to brag about it there.

exhaust pipe will be the give away...

if this is welded on, then the road tax disc is the give away...

or if a higher spec car chio you, then cant cheong cos no power... :oops:

thats the point... even if you put 330 when its not.. people will know... so why even bother? Only hoping to fool those who do not know or are stupid I guess... and thats just wrong.

Like that the bleeding M3 owners better change their badging to 318 right?

I had a friend in Canada who drove a US Spec E36 M3 but rebadged it to a 320 just for kicks.
Either way I don't rebadging is the right way to go. If in doubt just debadge.

I guess its that mentality that stickers and badging give them 5 more hp right? hahaha!

exhaust pipe will be the give away...

if this is welded on, then the road tax disc is the give away...

or if a higher spec car chio you, then cant cheong cos no power...

the sunroof be a giveaway as well...

Actually I want to give away mine leh... too damn heavy liao... :dance: ok.. enough ot... but as you can see there are enough people around to spot the difference, so why even bother rebadging...

The brakes are also a giveaway.

Aiyo, it is people's money wat, so they feel shiok can liao. The gals wouldn't know mah. But if they get free badge from sob story to go re-badge, different story lah.

Barsket, can u not tell people my 525i is actually a 520i or not? U think I easy to bully izzit kekekekeke

Winston,
Winston said:

Well..
I think people can do whatever they want with their cars. They are responsible for their actions. Whether it's gonna be a subject of mass laugh or anything that may result, it's still the risk to be borne by the car owners.

Having said that, however, it's really pathetic if someone is actually lying bout the truth if u know what I mean. I think it's fine if one says I rebadged it for the sake of rebadging to a higher end model and not lie about it if being asked. Afterall, his ride is just like a small fish amongst other fish in a big pond. Maybe after the whole world knows bout it then he will feel embarassed and will decide to remove it :laughing:

To give ya an example of a lying owner:
a 318 coupe but rebadged to 323 .....Now, that is a real crap
:naughty:

Hahaha! Very funny... you actually condone this type of loutish behaviour? Why the need to Hao Lian so much? As they say, the more braggart they are the harder they will fall.

A buddy of mine who has debadged gave someone who asked him for his "3"! Too cheap to even pay his 3_"3"_0 mod!

Winston said:
A buddy of mine who has debadged gave someone who asked him for his "3"! Too cheap to even pay his 3_"3"_0 mod!

Knn... who is that fello... I will debage his ride and rebadge for him with "CB KIA".. :evil:

OTE...

Hymics said:
Winston said:

Knn... who is that fello... I will debage his ride and rebadge for him with "CB KIA".. :evil:

OTE...

Can I have your "7*. I am very serious to retag as "5_7_5" and be the only one in SGP. :twisted:

That's it!! You guys better stopped talking about me. Yes I admit that my car is actually a Seat Toledo disguised as a E46. *End of OT*

Anyway this reminds me of another incident when I was modding my car the other time.......never mind........

rodders said:
That's it!! You guys better stopped talking about me. Yes I admit that my car is actually a Seat Toledo disguised as a E46. *End of OT*

Seat Toledo????? I tot your is Proton Gen2 :lol:

Winston said:

Now that is another crap.. :laughing:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubgamee
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back