Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

MRacer77 said:
Like I always said, you should be happy with what you have. Do not try to pretend to have something that you actually do not have. People when they find out will not respect you for it. In fact, they will most likely spit on you. So why the need to Hao Lian?

Amen brother.. :thumbsup:

TripleM,
To give ya an example of a lying owner:
a 318 coupe but rebadged to 323 .....Now, that is a real crap

I've seen worse..318 that wannabe an M3. :screwedu: Engine super give away.. :naughty:

I guess we should all be honest in our dealings with anyone. This is especially so as everyone knows everyone here in this forum and word does get around. IMO it's just not worth it for that one off yum yum deal.

sad sad sad lar guys, really is....

i wonder wat kicks a person gets puttin a 330 badge and in the end gets smoked left right centre.. that is pure emberassment, really is .

i wonder how it feels when a person goes up to the owner "hey, nice 330 there," with ego and pride owner prolly says "yea.. thanks".

but when he finds out it's not a 330.. pui!!!!!!! :shoot: . There goes his ego, pride, face, what not. BUT still it's his choise to make. ;)

the worse i hv seen is a merc e-class owner. his badge says E 1000. hv u guys seen this car b4? his number plate is also 1000.

totoseow said:
the worse i hv seen is a merc e-class owner. his badge says E 1000. hv u guys seen this car b4? his number plate is also 1000.
:lol2: :lol2: :nutkick:

How abouts folks that buy Toyota Harriers badged Lexus RX300....that's pretty low, and it's even done by the dealer! :laughing:

eggz said:
How abouts folks that buy Toyota Harriers badged Lexus RX300....that's pretty low, and it's even done by the dealer! :laughing:
Yeah. They can change everything except the steering wheel. What a joke!

I know of one poor chap here driving a 325i but his plate is 330 leh....if he debadges....does it make him a poser as well ?? Ha ha ha ha ha....

Hello...Mr. 330....do you see this thread ???

Re: Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

I'd think you can do anything you want to your car, as long as it is for your own feel-good factor. You can badge your E46 sedan with a M3 emblem, or even do a full conversion on a coupe. I have seen a badged 320i with a single stock tail pipe. I have even seen a stock Cefiro slapped with an AC Schnitzer emblem. Hence to each his own.

What differs is the intention, if it was meant to deceive. If the owner felt like boosting his pride and ego via rebadging to give an illusion of a bigger capacity, one can argue that it is lame, but certainly laced with a tint of a cheat. It all depends on the intention of the rebadging act - is the owner trying to tell some chicks that he picked up that his car is a 330i? Or is he trying to impress his colleagues by giving that impression? Perhaps he is trying gain the kind of attention accorded from the valet at some 4-star hotels. At the helm of the matter, he is trying to solicit some respect, which otherwise will not be given to him, or so he thought.

Much like padded bra, if I may use the analogy...... how would you feel when you know the truth?

Winston said:
It have been noticed that there are a couple of bmw car owners out there who are driving a 318 or 320 and have been retagged their rides to a 330. They simply rebadge a 320 to a 330 by changing the “2” in a 320 to “3” as in a 330.

Personally, I feel puzzled why anyone should retag their 318 or 320 to a 330 to beguile the layman especially if he / she belong to this forum.

Not intending to censure anyone on their freedom of expressions; would like to field for opinions on this issue to determine if such actions are condemnable and culpable or “hey it’s my car, I can do whatever I want”.

Kenn,

Respect is earned... not simply given. Simple as that.

RB,

You are true to a certain extent, but when it get carried too far then there will be problems.

Why get so huffed about ppl who re-badge their ride unless you are the kind who are also conscious about and looks out for these 'symbols' ? :uhhh:

whats wrong with rebadging to 330 ?

I have TRD stickers ... STI stickers ... Hamnn ... AC Schnitzer ... HKS ... and Merc badge on my rexy.

But none of the above asthetic or performance mods. :woottt: :laughlik:

SuperChargeMe,
Hello there...
this is ur post no 2.....cool, welcome
Care to intro urself in the newbie section?...swee2xx..

E46 said:
whats wrong with rebadging to 330 ?

I have TRD stickers ... STI stickers ... Hamnn ... AC Schnitzer ... HKS ... and Merc badge on my rexy.

But none of the above asthetic or performance mods. :woottt: :laughlik:

Nothing wrong.. it's just how u approach and do it.. that's wat most are saying now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haha777uk
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back