Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

shaaz said:
E46 said:
whats wrong with rebadging to 330 ?

I have TRD stickers ... STI stickers ... Hamnn ... AC Schnitzer ... HKS ... and Merc badge on my rexy.

But none of the above asthetic or performance mods. :woottt: :laughlik:

Nothing wrong.. it's just how u approach and do it.. that's wat most are saying now

heh true true.

Personally I feel that its alright for a 3 series mod its appearance to an M3 lookalike but badging it as M3 when its not, I don't think thats the right thing to do. :)

SuperChargeMe said:
Why get so huffed about ppl who re-badge their ride unless you are the kind who are also conscious about and looks out for these 'symbols' ? :uhhh:

Not getting worked up and you don't have to 'look' out for these symbols...if you hang around cars long enough, you can just tell. Thats all I am saying.

SuperChargeMe said:
Why get so huffed about ppl who re-badge their ride unless you are the kind who are also conscious about and looks out for these 'symbols' ?
Nothing huffy about these acts, just a discussion. Cool it. This is a normal discussion amongst car enthusiasts. For instance, I was told that the Rexes scorn at the TS who dressed as Rexes-wanna-be......

album_pic.php

kenntona said:
SuperChargeMe said:
Why get so huffed about ppl who re-badge their ride unless you are the kind who are also conscious about and looks out for these 'symbols' ?
Nothing huffy about these acts, just a discussion. Cool it. This is a normal discussion amongst car enthusiasts. For instance, I was told that the Rexes scorn at the TS who dressed as Rexes-wanna-be......

album_pic.php

Your forgot to add rexies who wants to be TS. :thumbsup:

Ghostrider said:
I know of one poor chap here driving a 325i but his plate is 330 leh....if he debadges....does it make him a poser as well ?? Ha ha ha ha ha....

Hello...Mr. 330....do you see this thread ???

No, mine is a 318, but I think cannot pass as 330 even though I got the number plate, so I ask LTA to print 325 on log card.

Engine capacity is actually a E36 1.6 lah. :lol:

Wat you expect me to do? I debadge, I will be badged as poser... When I used it on my WRX, it was an aspiration to attain 330bhp. For this beemer, I take it as an aspiration. One day the number plate will belong to its correct car. :verysad:

SuperChargeMe said:
Why get so huffed about ppl who re-badge their ride unless you are the kind who are also conscious about and looks out for these 'symbols' ? :uhhh:

Hi SuperChargeMe!

1)Did u rebadge your car?

2)If so, wat model was it originally?

3)What did you rebadge it to?

I put all my questions in different lines for ease of reply and comprehension.

Anyway, why must u guys come up with this type of thread..jus when i wanted to go rebadge to higher capacity. U ALL THINK I EASY TO BULLY ISSIT?

Nuke said:
U ALL THINK I EASY TO BULLY ISSIT?

I don't really care whether you badge or debadge... all i care is buy me ice-cream and bring some DVD to me! :laughlik:

Hi Superchargedme, no one is getting huffed up here. Not sure if you are refering to me alone or to everyone here being conscious about these 'symbols'. I am not sure why you think that one who is conscious or not conscious about these "symbols" cannot bring up the topic of rebadging, especially when one is out to deceive.

I am asking for opinions in this forum about what you think about ppl who rebadge when its not the usual norm to do a badge upgrade unlike other car models mentioned. This being a car enthusiatic forum with lots of car lovers, we would all love to discuss everything about car esp bmw and car trends. Rebadging may not be the appropriate discussion for all, but it begets our atttention.

Re: Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

Winston said:
It have been noticed that there are a couple of bmw car owners out there who are driving a 318 or 320 and have been retagged their rides to a 330. They simply rebadge a 320 to a 330 by changing the “2” in a 320 to “3” as in a 330.

Personally, I feel puzzled why anyone should retag their 318 or 320 to a 330 to beguile the layman especially if he / she belong to this forum.

Not intending to censure anyone on their freedom of expressions; would like to field for opinions on this issue to determine if such actions are condemnable and culpable or “hey it’s my car, I can do whatever I want”.

By doing tis will increase the weight of the car?

:errr:

totoseow said:
the worse i hv seen is a merc e-class owner. his badge says E 1000. hv u guys seen this car b4? his number plate is also 1000.

Jeremy,

I saw the same owner just a week ago.

It's an S-class if I remembered correctly. I was quite surprised when I saw "E1000S" for it's model number when it was a S-class.

In this case, the reason for doing so is probably because his number plate is also E1000S. In this case, at least it wasn't misrepresentation, but rather, he wants to put the number plate where the model number is.

Cheers.

blackbmw said:
Winston said:
It have been noticed that there are a couple of bmw car owners out there who are driving a 318 or 320 and have been retagged their rides to a 330. They simply rebadge a 320 to a 330 by changing the “2” in a 320 to “3” as in a 330.

Personally, I feel puzzled why anyone should retag their 318 or 320 to a 330 to beguile the layman especially if he / she belong to this forum.

Not intending to censure anyone on their freedom of expressions; would like to field for opinions on this issue to determine if such actions are condemnable and culpable or “hey it’s my car, I can do whatever I want”.

By doing tis will increase the weight of the car?

:errr:

No bru, I sincerely believe it to be fact that rebadging my 320 to 330 will make it go faster. I intend to hollow out the numbers so that there's just the shell. I will then be able to shave off 0.0009g. To an avid race tracker like myself, it will of course count to much. I will terrorise you all on the roads. As soon as i change my bitch ugly rims. Which incidentally all of u hate. And need to make it known to me.

rodders said:
....now taxi drivers on the other hand.....

Let's start a thread to see how many of us dislike/hate taxi drivers.
Hun, yawnzzz...too much of carbo not good for health lei...

kenntona said:
I'd think you can do anything you want to your car, as long as it is for your own feel-good factor. You can badge your E46 sedan with a M3 emblem, or even do a full conversion on a coupe. I have seen a badged 320i with a single stock tail pipe. I have even seen a stock Cefiro slapped with an AC Schnitzer emblem. Hence to each his own.

What differs is the intention, if it was meant to deceive. If the owner felt like boosting his pride and ego via rebadging to give an illusion of a bigger capacity, one can argue that it is lame, but certainly laced with a tint of a cheat. It all depends on the intention of the rebadging act - is the owner trying to tell some chicks that he picked up that his car is a 330i? Or is he trying to impress his colleagues by giving that impression? Perhaps he is trying gain the kind of attention accorded from the valet at some 4-star hotels. At the helm of the matter, he is trying to solicit some respect, which otherwise will not be given to him, or so he thought.

Much like padded bra, if I may use the analogy...... how would you feel when you know the truth?

Winston said:

Kenntona, good analogy :thumbsup: Got a '5' to spare?

Hymics said:
SuperChargeMe said:
Why get so huffed about ppl who re-badge :uhhh:

Cos I m not in a good mood today..

OTE.
Hui Ge, why no mood? Copa ai mai? Got e90 3 - 20, 25, 30...

T6 said:
Aiyo, it is people's money wat, so they feel shiok can liao. The gals wouldn't know mah. But if they get free badge from sob story to go re-badge, different story lah.

Barsket, can u not tell people my 525i is actually a 520i or not? U think I easy to bully izzit kekekekeke
Why u hide behind the screen & suan me? And don't smoked me say yours a special ordered 330 without sunroof one hor...

Aiyah.....if they rebadge let them rebadge,

if they debadge let them debadge!!!

it doesn't hurt me anyhow! And best of all, the chicks don't care if you are driving a 318 or a M3!!!!

they drool on the sight of a convertible.......! :inlove:

Hello u ppl, debadge or nt is up to individual. Is for the 'kick', nt really to lie to ppl. When u sticked an Alpina badge, u mean u engine is tuned by Alpina? Jus like some keep their cars stock n some will addon wif bodykit mah. Some will use original n some will use replica. Let them have the freedom to do watever afterall is their cars wat! I wont laugh at u if u tell me ur 318 had debadge to a 330.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haha777uk
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back