Exhaust system for E92 325i Coupe

Re: Exhaust system for E92 325i Coupe

shaaz;173831 said:
The tips, they're staggered..

what CBS meant is that, if any would have thought of buying tips frm PML, then why not go to exhaust shop.. get them to cut off the existing ones.. put which ever tips u want, cause for the sole fact... usually they're cheaper, like the stainless steel ones are cheap, can have them up to 70mm ..

And just another question, when u saymany are waiting to change the exhaust system totally meaning together with mid-cats, hearders?... or u just talking abt the muffler??.. cause that i don't think is changing the exhaust system totally .

My bad. Different for different people.

chickenbackside;173823 said:
Seriously, why hasn't anyone just thought of going to an exhaust shop, cutting off the original tips, and weld on whatever tips you like? Plenty of sizes, shapes, colours, materials...etc to choose from.

Cheap, un-stealable, looks good, high quality and completely reversible....

If you're caught tampering with exhaust (be it mid pipe or muffler box), you'll be slapped with a $500 fine and you have to spend $$ to revert back to original.

Risk of getting caught and fined for illegal exhaust that gives you more performance and good sound.....maybe still worth the risk. To be caught for just a chrome tail pipe........:screwedu:

If I were an E92 owner, I'd leave the exhaust stock first and wait for about a year and see what's good in the mkt. Meanwhile, a nice twin chromed tips will suffice.

TripleM;174132 said:
If I were an E92 owner, I'd leave the exhaust stock first and wait for about a year and see what's good in the mkt. Meanwhile, a nice twin chromed tips will suffice.

Ya, agree. Wait for a quad exhaust or something.....

TripleM;174132 said:

I totally agree, which is what I did..

x3mblack;173971 said:
If you're caught tampering with exhaust (be it mid pipe or muffler box), you'll be slapped with a $500 fine and you have to spend $$ to revert back to original.

Risk of getting caught and fined for illegal exhaust that gives you more performance and good sound.....maybe still worth the risk. To be caught for just a chrome tail pipe........:screwedu:

nobody ever gets caught for tailpipes la dude.. i've never seen a ROV actually say " hey.. ur tailpipes not original!!"...

if ROV stops u for modding ur exos tips, ask him ai Kum mai?

TripleM;174268 said:
if ROV stops u for modding ur exos tips, ask him ai Kum mai?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!....:lol2: :lol2:

shaaz;174259 said:
nobody ever gets caught for tailpipes la dude.. i've never seen a ROV actually say " hey.. ur tailpipes not original!!"...

As long as they see welding mark on your muffler box, they will drag you back to vicom insepction center. Operated muffler box is also illegal. I was caught for illegal exos before (just last year) and while i was there, saw so many damn ridiculous case ....one fellow weld another pipe onto his muffler box to make his single pipe look like twin pipe also kena fine.

x3mblack;174302 said:
As long as they see welding mark on your muffler box, they will drag you back to vicom insepction center. Operated muffler box is also illegal. I was caught for illegal exos before (just last year) and while i was there, saw so many damn ridiculous case ....one fellow weld another pipe onto his muffler box to make his single pipe look like twin pipe also kena fine.

i know operated mufflers being illegal, but if u going to cut both tips off and replace em' with say bigger tips, i honestly dun think the bugger is going to know straight up. Depending on how "suay" u can get i guess, cause so far i have not heard any of em' here get caught with modified tips.

A true case to state here, i got caught for my exhaust last year too, so the ROV said to go to kaki bukit inspection centre, went there and obviously they found no mod-cats, and the officer said i'll have to put em' back. My midcats are easily replaceable, but it's connected by flanges you see... so i thought to myself, i'll just borrow my friends exhaust la.. easier.. so on sat, i went down with a stock exhaust BUT with the tips modified, very obvious... guess what.. i passed.. no problems.. he did not even say that the tips were illegal.. got the car there , he went under, checked everything and i was done.. all good.

i finally installed the tips. not chrome like on the E46, a bit like the wheel's colour. nice, i like! now i park head in just to see them tips ... :)

This thread was started for a exhaust system for E92.......

Now everybody is happy with just chrome exhaust tips......

:lol2:

'The Great White'

wilman2772;177782 said:
This thread was started for a exhaust system for E92.......

Now everybody is happy with just chrome exhaust tips......

:lol2:

'The Great White'

Hokkien saying " No Fish, prawn also will do lah..... "

Anybody has new info on E92-325 exhaust?

Azrielsc;198415 said:
The US has quite a few exhausts out... but not here :(

Do you know which brand? There's a lot for 335i but haven't seen any for 325i yet because there's no 325i in USA.

Oh, I was referring to the 335i... :)

I haven't seen any exhaust for the 325i in USA. But I guess u have to wait for the big boys, Remus, SS, Sebring etc to come out with something.

x3mblack;198443 said:
Do you know which brand? There's a lot for 335i but haven't seen any for 325i yet because there's no 325i in USA.

I believe Eisenmann does, but don't think its LTA compliant :juggle:

Anybody interested in Racing Dynamics Racing Quad Exhaust for E92?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLdeRBH-clM[/YOUTUBE]

Contact me yah!

Cheers

'The Great White'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLdeRBH-clM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asahihotpotvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups