Experience with Infratint

turtlebmw

Hi everyone!
Although i don't own a fellow bimmer, it is through this great forum that i found the contact of Sherman, owner of Infratint. So i thought i'd share my feedback with everyone on this forum.

Basically, i have got tints from three of the most popular window tinting brands with my previous cars. However none of them have proved to provide the kind of heat rejection capabilities that they boast about.

So with my latest car, i did some research on this forum, and decided to try Infratint. I drove down to TradeHub 21 to see Sherman's films. He even took his car out under the sun for me to test his Platinum range window films, not the usual, (place film under halogen bulb and compare). I was so impressed his the films, prices, and Sherman's professionalism, that i immediately booked an installation date with him.

Sherman's workers are extremely motivated, and very experienced. They had no problems removing and reinstalling my car's door panels, and rubber strips/seals. After installation, there is a complimentary car wash, which was better than what you get at the petrol stations. They even use Autoglym's Chamosis Leather Cloth to dry the car. Besides that, Sherman's films dried up almost completely in just two days. After driving around with them for almost a month, i'm extremely impressed and a very satisfied customer. Infratint's films really provide excellent heat rejection, and are extremely clear. With that, i have just reinstalled my other car with Sherman's platinium range of films. :woowooo:

Just some pictures of Sherman's excellent job.

4h9i4g.jpg

2yngc52.jpg

wir7tw.jpg

Keep up the good work bro!

Re: Experience with Infratint

Hi,

Nice ride you have bro...........

Cheers

SHITEZ! Now that is what I call a TINTJOB!

Well done.

I got my E90 tinted by Sherman last week as well, most excellent worksmanship, I couldn't be happier with it.

I also got the platinum range, and it's heat rejection capabilities are indeed stellar. For non-believers, just pop down to Sherman's shop at Tradehub21 and ask for a ride in his car, the weather these days is the perfect test for his product.

When I had my car tinted, it was a 36.5deg afternoon with clear skies, sun beating down relentlessly. The before and after difference was so pronounced, my aircon on "Auto" mode only needed to work half as hard to maintain the same temperature.

I'll post up some pics once I find a place to host them :) But maybe not la, my car is so stock and boring looking.. haha

Honestly, I believe heat reject mentioned by a few forum users that infratint is "the best" should be subjective.

For example, each brand has their high end specs and low end ones... Of course, if you were to install the lower or even mid-range ones.. and then later suggest that that brand heat reject may not be as good.. hmmmm.......

Frankly, I have used both vkool and recently coolnlite. For example the high end coolnlite is exceptional.

In my opinion, it is safer to stick to the recommendations based on good quality service than to highlight that this brand is more superior to others. For example, recently I believe I read in a magazine ... most like AAS Highway or something that 3m has a new range of films.

I am not associated with any tint company. But I believe, let's stick to the quality of workmanship, excellent service than "proclaiming that this brand is far better than others". This is frankly, my view point.

ac323;430982 said:
Hi,

Nice ride you have bro...........

Cheers
ACS6;430988 said:
SHITEZ! Now that is what I call a TINTJOB!

Well done.

Thank You! :)

scoobysix;430993 said:
I got my E90 tinted by Sherman last week as well, most excellent worksmanship, I couldn't be happier with it.

I also got the platinum range, and it's heat rejection capabilities are indeed stellar. For non-believers, just pop down to Sherman's shop at Tradehub21 and ask for a ride in his car, the weather these days is the perfect test for his product.

When I had my car tinted, it was a 36.5deg afternoon with clear skies, sun beating down relentlessly. The before and after difference was so pronounced, my aircon on "Auto" mode only needed to work half as hard to maintain the same temperature.

I'll post up some pics once I find a place to host them :) But maybe not la, my car is so stock and boring looking.. haha

You should definitely post pictures! Use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Ah Lian;431027 said:
Honestly, I believe heat reject mentioned by a few forum users that infratint is "the best" should be subjective.

For example, each brand has their high end specs and low end ones... Of course, if you were to install the lower or even mid-range ones.. and then later suggest that that brand heat reject may not be as good.. hmmmm.......

Frankly, I have used both vkool and recently coolnlite. For example the high end coolnlite is exceptional.

In my opinion, it is safer to stick to the recommendations based on good quality service than to highlight that this brand is more superior to others. For example, recently I believe I read in a magazine ... most like AAS Highway or something that 3m has a new range of films.

I am not associated with any tint company. But I believe, let's stick to the quality of workmanship, excellent service than "proclaiming that this brand is far better than others". This is frankly, my view point.

The thing is, i too have used the premium range with the other brands, and the price for such films really do come at a PREMIUM. You're looking at around 900+ to 1,000 dollars. In comparison, Infratint's Premium range of films, only cost the same as the competitor's middle grade films. But yet provide remarkable heat rejection capabilities, which just in my personal opinion, are better than a 1000+ premium brand film that i had in my previous car. (Other brands = V-Kool, Huper Optik, 3M)

So yeah, together with the wonderful service, high quality workmanship, i thought i'd share my personal experience at Infratint.

BTW, if we don't talk about film quality and its rejection capabilities, how will fellow members decide which film to go for? I mean everyone can boast of workmanship and excellent service, but not every brand has premium films that really do the job. And are priced acceptably. That's my opinion!

Thanks for your input though! :)

The tint lookk dark. Is it LTA approved? I thinking of tinting, but dun wish to breach the regulation. Thanks.

Hon;431110 said:
The tint lookk dark. Is it LTA approved? I thinking of tinting, but dun wish to breach the regulation. Thanks.

I guess you can always speak to the people for LTA approved ones... :)

Hon;431110 said:

If it's LTA approved, you would have seen the seats in the car liao (in the first picture)....kekeke.. I like dark dark tint :cloud9:

If u want LTA compliant, then only your rear windows+screen can be dark tinted, but NOT the windscreen+front windows. Personally I prefer dark tint all the way...

If I use Platinum range window films and it's not approved by LTA, what will happen? Do they catch you on the road? Or they catch you during vehicle inspection? What happen if kenna caught? ..Newbie here la.. very blurr... :p

Premium range window film is not necessary to be dark tinted, but the heat rejection is better. It's only when you want it to be dark, then will not be LTA friendly liao..

desertfox65;433442 said:
what is hte cost of doing the 5 series in the platinum package???

i often see ppl post how Sherman was..hiaz...truth is...HE IS GOOOODDD....:goodup:

good in providing frank opinions b4 u tint it.
no need money, just enquire to Sherman. forum here is for everyone to try to narrow down to who can be reliable n yet reasonable.
so far, Infratint manage to keep its head up high.

Desertfox65, its wont cost a bomb to drop by sherman for a chat, maybe just $0.80 of kopi drink near his office.:woottt:

desertfox65;433442 said:

To the best of my knowledge, his promotional price now is $400, but best to call him directly and enquire :)

desertfox65;433442 said:
Price wise should be competitive compare to the other brands... just did mine, the platinium and darkest one after being poison by Sherman :laughlik:

Heat rejection and and workmanship is :thumbsup:

PS: Sherman dun say i never help you to review your product:lol2:

in case u wondering sherman's darkest tint... heres a sample..very good workmanship... no single bubble at all ! ... :lol2:

c59DCtmp-1.jpg

IMG00345.jpg

terry011.jpg

Wah, very 'mafia' look.... especially the last two pics. Fierce.

Nice one Terry. Looks like I must get my 6er done too. Worth every single bit of the risk.

Terry;436353 said:
in case u wondering sherman's darkest tint... heres a sample..very good workmanship... no single bubble at all ! ... :lol2:

c59DCtmp-1.jpg

IMG00345.jpg

terry011.jpg

Nice ride bro,
When i was at Sherman's doing my tint, he kept telling me about your car, and how it has the darkest tint available! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789bet188site

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back