F10 523 Highline or not?

Re: F10 523 Highline or not?

The park assist is wonderful. But to a certain extend. U definitely wun wan to use it when there is a car close behind u..

chrisknv;655471 said:
I think the newer batch (March Production) got no park assist..

I was told last week that only 535 comes with PArk Assist.

Park assist is not going to be useful for me. I bought a Pi set, great savings for other posion like rims, brakes.. etc.

I cannot imagine people using Park Assist regularly. Or Cruise Control; worse, Active Cruise Control!

While I'm at it, Night Vision is only useful if you are rolling up with your lights off to find a space with the chick you just picked up and don't want to run over love birds getting out of small cars to change position at secluded places.

And Lane Departure Warning should be change to Lane Available Notification for Singapore drivers so it's easier to zip in and out of lanes hogged by drivers whose grandfathers own those roads.

All I need: (1) Sports mode, (2) Professional Loudspeaker System and (3) Comfort Seats. :woottt:

Park assist only useful for me if it is for reverse parking. Somehow my fav is parralel parking.

Night vision good for drives up in malaysia. Cruise control too boring.

efftee;655710 said:
All I need: (1) Sports mode, (2) Professional Loudspeaker System and (3) Comfort Seats. :woottt:

A suggestion, since I also have the Hi-Fi Pro, would be to listen to the Hi-Fi loudspeaker vs the Hi-Fi Pro. The Hi-Fi loudspeaker (standard on the 523 Highline) may be sufficient. For some reason, no matter how I adjust the settings on the Hi-Fi Pro, it doesn't quite sound right, and I do not use the surround option. Then again, I have less experience with good car audio systems compared to home systems. Different perspective and expectations perhaps?

If you are considering the comfort seats, again, my suggestion would be to consider either the standard or sports seats BUT with lumbar support control (a more cost effective option than the full monty of the comfort seats). The comfort seats appear to be more comfortable than the standard seats but I suspect that's because the standard seats do not have lumbar support control. As a result, the backrest can often seem too high/hard forcing you to tilt the backrest position back more than necessary - not ideal.

bimmernic;655747 said:
A suggestion, since I also have the Hi-Fi Pro, would be to listen to the Hi-Fi loudspeaker vs the Hi-Fi Pro. The Hi-Fi loudspeaker (standard on the 523 Highline) may be sufficient. For some reason, no matter how I adjust the settings on the Hi-Fi Pro, it doesn't quite sound right, and I do not use the surround option. Then again, I have less experience with good car audio systems compared to home systems. Different perspective and expectations perhaps?

If you are considering the comfort seats, again, my suggestion would be to consider either the standard or sports seats BUT with lumbar support control (a more cost effective option than the full monty of the comfort seats). The comfort seats appear to be more comfortable than the standard seats but I suspect that's because the standard seats do not have lumbar support control. As a result, the backrest can often seem too high/hard forcing you to tilt the backrest position back more than necessary - not ideal.

Bro, I was just joshing la. But my upcoming f10 is quite fully loaded, though without the Park Assist, Lane Warning and Night Vision. Comfort Seats are a Must-have for me; I chose my current 530 over 525 just cuz of that. Dumb, maybe, but I love the electric Squeeze - like my car greets me with a hug every time I get in. Feel so loved. :screwedu:

You should get some help setting up your speakers. It should sound a lot better than the regular system.

I was actually a little disappointed that the IAS (Integral Active Steering) did not come with this new batch of cars (bar the 535) but it does make (marketing) sense. Previously, the 5 and 6 series came with AS (Active Steering) but not the 7. Now, the 7 has IAS, so they left this out on the lower models.

It is a GREAT feature to have and when I drove a friend's E60 without it, it felt soooo much more different.... But then again, we all get used to certain things. My current car doesn't have AS or IAS, feels ok I guess but definitely would feel better with it.

However, when I drive the current 7 series, it doesn't feel as if it has IAS.....

No worries. Enjoy your ride. Comfort seats are great but the premium was too uncomfortable for me :yikess:

Got some settings from other F10 Hi Fi Pro users but still experimenting. :juggle:

efftee;655856 said:
Bro, I was just joshing la. But my upcoming f10 is quite fully loaded, though without the Park Assist, Lane Warning and Night Vision. Comfort Seats are a Must-have for me; I chose my current 530 over 525 just cuz of that. Dumb, maybe, but I love the electric Squeeze - like my car greets me with a hug every time I get in. Feel so loved. :screwedu:

You should get some help setting up your speakers. It should sound a lot better than the regular system.

bimmernic;656143 said:
No worries. Enjoy your ride. Comfort seats are great but the premium was too uncomfortable for me :yikess:

Got some settings from other F10 Hi Fi Pro users but still experimenting. :juggle:

Could I check what's the difference between a Hi-Fi Loudspeaker and Hi-Fi Pro system? Mine is a 523 highline Mar 11 production model. Not sure which system it came with as I'm not too particular over sound system. Thanks.

IMHO, the 5 without the little niceaties such as the larger screen and comfort access is not really that luxurious.... When I was driving the E60, the little differences such as Active Steering and the larger 8.8" screen really made the feeling of driving the 5, a little more luxurious, but I guess to each his own.

The highline may cost $15k more but I guess its whether you want/need the extra functions but for me, GPS is a must.... the rims etc.... can be changed outside for a fraction of the price......

TheNew7;656216 said:
IMHO, the 5 without the little niceaties such as the larger screen and comfort access is not really that luxurious.... When I was driving the E60, the little differences such as Active Steering and the larger 8.8" screen really made the feeling of driving the 5, a little more luxurious, but I guess to each his own.

The highline may cost $15k more but I guess its whether you want/need the extra functions but for me, GPS is a must.... the rims etc.... can be changed outside for a fraction of the price......

I do agree, yes or no. to me,

bigger screen really no diff. i still remember years back cars didnt had screen build-in. .... so to me yes if i can have bigger screen but if i am paying 15k more, i rather save the $$$ or do other mod with this funds.

if i am travelling lonf distance, i will rather stream or play DVD on my 17" mac book.

7" GPS is good nuff for me.... if another new face-lift comes out with bigger screen than 10" then need change again? Its my 2c worth.

car only drive for 10yrs in s;pore but actual fact i will change after 2-3yrs.. haha

Here's some info (sourced from bimmerpost) - your SE should have a chart showing the exact location of the speakers (mine did):

# Base system - 6 speakers

# HiFi speaker system Business (S0676) HiFi speaker system # this is the Highline version AFAIK# with 12 speakers and digital amplifier (205 W amplifier power, multi channel capable). This system includes four tweeter (two in the mirror triangles, two in the rear) and four mid-range speaker (two in the front doors, two in the rear) and two central bass speaker (under the front seats) and a Centre tweeter and a Centre mid-range unit in the dashboard. Your benefits: Full transparent sound with powerful bass and brilliant highs; Perfect stereo image in all seats; Fuller sound at low volume; Speed independent sound quallity.

# HiFi speaker system Professional (S0677) # this is the version on the 535 # This high-end speaker system with DIRAC signal processing and surround mode includes 16 speakers and a digital amplifier (600 W amplifier power, multi channel capable). Compared to the HiFi speaker system, better optimised Central and tweeter with aluminium membranes leading to a significantly more sophisticated sound. The harmoniously applied spatial sound is created by the addition two in dashboard center speakers for high and mid-frequencies. Your benefits: Digital audio signal processing for processing of 2-channel stereo signals; Excellent sound, expressive bass and brilliant transfer of high-frequency range; Perfect surround sound on all seats from stereo signals; More powerful of sound at low volume; Speed independent sound quality.

Blackstream;656208 said:
Could I check what's the difference between a Hi-Fi Loudspeaker and Hi-Fi Pro system? Mine is a 523 highline Mar 11 production model. Not sure which system it came with as I'm not too particular over sound system. Thanks.

bimmernic;656484 said:
Here's some info (sourced from bimmerpost) - your SE should have a chart showing the exact location of the speakers (mine did):

# Base system - 6 speakers

# HiFi speaker system Business (S0676) HiFi speaker system # this is the Highline version AFAIK# with 12 speakers and digital amplifier (205 W amplifier power, multi channel capable). This system includes four tweeter (two in the mirror triangles, two in the rear) and four mid-range speaker (two in the front doors, two in the rear) and two central bass speaker (under the front seats) and a Centre tweeter and a Centre mid-range unit in the dashboard. Your benefits: Full transparent sound with powerful bass and brilliant highs; Perfect stereo image in all seats; Fuller sound at low volume; Speed independent sound quallity.

# HiFi speaker system Professional (S0677) # this is the version on the 535 # This high-end speaker system with DIRAC signal processing and surround mode includes 16 speakers and a digital amplifier (600 W amplifier power, multi channel capable). Compared to the HiFi speaker system, better optimised Central and tweeter with aluminium membranes leading to a significantly more sophisticated sound. The harmoniously applied spatial sound is created by the addition two in dashboard center speakers for high and mid-frequencies. Your benefits: Digital audio signal processing for processing of 2-channel stereo signals; Excellent sound, expressive bass and brilliant transfer of high-frequency range; Perfect surround sound on all seats from stereo signals; More powerful of sound at low volume; Speed independent sound quality.

Thanks. Wow, didn't know mine has 12 speakers and an amp too. I thought the music sounded ordinary. Will read up my manual or call SE to find out more. Cheers.

Blackstream;656516 said:
Thanks. Wow, didn't know mine has 12 speakers and an amp too. I thought the music sounded ordinary. Will read up my manual or call SE to find out more. Cheers.

I upgraded my sound system in my former E90 when PML offered that option. IMO, The F10 12 speaker system sounds much better. Clarity and bass control that can be tweaked to suit yr taste.

murphys33;656590 said:
I upgraded my sound system in my former E90 when PML offered that option. IMO, The F10 12 speaker system sounds much better. Clarity and bass control that can be tweaked to suit yr taste.

Just went through the manual last night and surprisingly there is nothing on the sound system type and layout. What is in there are just info on how to operate the entertainment system. Guess got to call SE but I wonder if she knows the details too....:thinking:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back