F10 523i HighLine - What Comes With it?

Re: F10 523i HighLine - What Comes With it?

BoneDoc;822628 said:

Thanks for this. Wonder where they pull the database from...it seems pretty accurate but yet seems like it's not really complete. It says mine has "Internet"? Need to check if that is really available. It says it has "seat adjustment, electric, with memory" but did not say exactly which type of seat adjustment. Mine is the basic one I guess with no lumber or thigh support.

detach8;823006 said:
So after warranty over, time to get a big screen iDrive... wait... the new one with better maps and BMW Apps. Strawberry + high tech = best.

I saw that some workshops provide this upgrade service. Wonder if they provide the retrofit for the feature where you kick below the boot and the boot lid opens.

clamsgp;823117 said:
Thanks for this. Wonder where they pull the database from...it seems pretty accurate but yet seems like it's not really complete. It says mine has "Internet"? Need to check if that is really available. It says it has "seat adjustment, electric, with memory" but did not say exactly which type of seat adjustment. Mine is the basic one I guess with no lumber or thigh support.

Not sure where the database comes from but it is accurate for my car. I think it must be a database from the factory that all authorized dealers have access to. Some kind Russian decided to share it with the rest of us

I think it IS a BMW dealer's database. It's very accurate. I've used another similar site for all my past cars.

clamsgp;823120 said:
I saw that some workshops provide this upgrade service. Wonder if they provide the retrofit for the feature where you kick below the boot and the boot lid opens.

I have been thinking of modding this. Am thinking of using a simple Omoron or RS proximity sensor. Issue is where to tap the power source - a source that comes alive only when the key fob is near, otherwise it is continuous supply, though minor.

Trigger point is easy - tap into boot cover trigger or below-dash switch. To prevent false trigger, we can even have two proximity sensors, such that your leg must trigger bother sensors.

Any technical people?

The battery is at the back anyway, if you need a 12V DC source to the boot that should be easy.

Problem is not the sensor. It's how you tap into the central locking system of the car to release the boot lock. I am not in favor of splicing the supply to the boot release latch to run a parallel power to trigger the release. Best is to be able to retrofit without any wire cutting.

Heres the boot lid:
318.png

I believe you'll need comfort access to start with. Here's the control module, and nobody knows where this is supposed to go...
383.png

And the best part is I can't even find the sensor for the boot kicking in the parts list.

For boot kicking, we can use two sets of Omoron proximity sensor (two sets to prevent false trigger). Sensors are mounted below bumper (hidden) about 6 inches apart.

First sensor is power active. Second sensor is non active but this is the one to trigger boot release.

When your leg first trigger the first sensor, it comes alive for 3 to 5 seconds. This first trigger supplies power to the second sensor. As you sweep your leg to the right (or left), your leg triggers the second sensor (1 sec trigger) that activates the boot release.

Only issue here is that power to first sensor is always-on.

I am on comfort access. Hence while the first sensor can work (silently) even when the owner is not around, the boot will not release without the key fob nearby.

This sounds sound?

Here it goes.... no need splice wiring (just squeeze mod wiring into boot release switch.)

Purpose of using two sensors is to prevent false trigger (especially when car is moving), e.g. flying plastic bags, insects etc.

Consideration: oscillation-type sensor or capactiance-type sensor.

Advanced consideration: works only when hand-brake is engaged (more complicated wiring)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm the two things you just connected the red lines to look like physical cables (not wires, those bicycle brake cables) to release the lock.

Item 12 is where you need to provide power to pull the cable and unlock the boot lid:
318.png

Don't forget we also need to trigger the motor to lift the boot lid leh... item 8 in this pic:
361.png

Item 6 is the PRESS switch above number plate. So item 10 is more likely wires, not steel cables.

Latching device is Item 2.

Oh... I am playing with my E60. Not motorised lid.

clamsgp;822386 said:
Just collected my pre-owned F10 523i HighLine registered in Jul 2011. I read from previous forums that there are a lot of customizable options but just wanted to make sure I've not been "ripped off" (no disrespect to my dealer who was very friendly and helpful, by the way):

1. Large screen with GPS
2. Shift paddles
3. Normal/Sports/Sports+ mode
4. Park Assist
5. Powered seats only got 2 "buttons" at the side
6. 18" Rims
7. Reverse camera

Am I missing anything? I read somewhere that Rear Roller Blinds is included but mine doesn't have it. How do I find out what kind of audio system I have - Professional, etc? Thanks!

Hi,

The Highline has the hi-fi loudspeaker system with 12 speakers, but it's not the Professional which is found on the 535 and now the 528.

Yours has a reverse camera? Mine doesn't leh. :ehhh:

sjlim;827300 said:
Hi,

The Highline has the hi-fi loudspeaker system with 12 speakers, but it's not the Professional which is found on the 535 and now the 528.

Yours has a reverse camera? Mine doesn't leh. :ehhh:

12 speakers? Don't have leh. I counted:

1 dashboard woofer
2 on each side of front door
2 on the rear parcel shelf

My previous Golf GTI has got 12 speakers although they don't sound as good as my current F10:). I think previous owner probably paid extra for that option.

clamsgp;827578 said:
12 speakers? Don't have leh. I counted:

1 dashboard woofer
2 on each side of front door
2 on the rear parcel shelf

My previous Golf GTI has got 12 speakers although they don't sound as good as my current F10:). I think previous owner probably paid extra for that option.

Here are the locations of the 12 speakers - http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/5-series-owners/46608-f10-523-highline-not-4.html

clamsgp;828643 said:
The rear passenger doors got speakers meh? I can't see any speaker "holes" on the doors. Woofer under front seats? Mmm.....let me check when I back. Maybe I should check with PML.

Yes, no speakers on the rear doors that I can see. So I also can't account for all 12 speakers, although my SE did tell me there are 12.

The 2 sub-woofers under the front seats are there, even in the basic set-up with 6 speakers.

sjlim;828649 said:
Yes, no speakers on the rear doors that I can see. So I also can't account for all 12 speakers, although my SE did tell me there are 12.

The 2 sub-woofers under the front seats are there, even in the basic set-up with 6 speakers.

Yah lor...that post mentioned 2 speakers in the rear doors. Wonder where are they hidden. Anyone else knows? Thanks for the link to that previous post, by the way. :)

clamsgp;828656 said:
Thanks for the link to that previous post, by the way. :)

No prob. I was curious to know what set-up it was because it sounds so much better than my previous E60, so i Googled BMW Highline sound system and it led me back to this forum. :p

sjlim;828660 said:
No prob. I was curious to know what set-up it was because it sounds so much better than my previous E60, so i Googled BMW Highline sound system and it led me back to this forum. :p

I agree! The sound is miles ahead of any stock sound systems I've ever had especially compared with the E39 5 Series I drove back in 1998 which was miserable.

those who have 2 spkrs behind will have the speakers in front of the handle...

51462154684.jpg

anyway... i dun have... bone stock.. basic car... 6 spkrs...

but i must agree, coming from the E90 LCI the F10 speakers are way better. actually i found my E90 PFL speakers better than the LCI. wonder what changed... maybe the iDrive unit sucks.

detach8;830097 said:
those who have 2 spkrs behind will have the speakers in front of the handle...

51462154684.jpg

anyway... i dun have... bone stock.. basic car... 6 spkrs...

but i must agree, coming from the E90 LCI the F10 speakers are way better. actually i found my E90 PFL speakers better than the LCI. wonder what changed... maybe the iDrive unit sucks.

Er... Don't see any speakers at the handle in the pic leh....this is mysterious. No one seems to be able to verify. Alamak don't tell me my Highline has only 6 speakers?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaosky88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back