F10 Auto Headlights Query

BMW2013

Hi all

Wondering if anyone of you realize when using the Auto headlights function the auto turn off delay is more than 3 mins.

I was driving along CTE during a bright day using the Auto Headlights function with Daytime running lights on, when my car enter the CTE tunnel the headlights turn on as expected but when I exit the tunnel the headlights was still on and it took more then 3 mins for the car to deactivate the headlights. I was wondering if anyone of you have the same experience , anyone know how long does it take for your car to deactivate your headlights during the day after exiting from tunnel.

Re: F10 Auto Headlights Query

It all depends on the brightness of the surrounding at the point of time you exit the tunnel.

Why cannot use hand to on/off?

pReTeNd3r;998772 said:
It all depends on the brightness of the surrounding at the point of time you exit the tunnel.

Yap I understand, thats the reason I mention its a bright day, and I've been traveling for the next few mins under the sun until the auto lights goes off to check if it is faulty. If it is then I will have to go back to have it fixed since it still under warranty.

Does it disturb you very much that the lights are on?

Its like that one... If you really need to turn it off then do so. If not, wont waste battery also...

Hearsay our rides with xenons switched on will +1bhp cos of sart factor. Other cars see already will auto siam.

P.S. battery is always recharged so not to worry. Not sure how much sooner you need to change the xenons though.

seanskye;998844 said:
Hearsay our rides with xenons switched on will +1bhp cos of sart factor. Other cars see already will auto siam.

P.S. battery is always recharged so not to worry. Not sure how much sooner you need to change the xenons though.

can't be true, corona ring is brighter without headlight on... so turn headlight off with bright bright corona ring more sart

kon;998847 said:
can't be true, corona ring is brighter without headlight on... so turn headlight off with bright bright corona ring more sart
In Sg, no one give a damn.

On NSH, when i on halogen Angel eye, all cars will auto siam to the left & let me overtake.

In conclusion, Angel Eye only sart in Malaysia.

davidtch;998855 said:

On NSH, when i on halogen Angel eye, all cars will auto siam to the left & let me overtake.

Be afraid... Be very afraid...

View attachment 51006

davidtch;998855 said:

Sorry what is NSH?

gohjialong;998839 said:
Its like that one... If you really need to turn it off then do so. If not, wont waste battery also...

You mean you have the same experience of auto headlight off delay during day time too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine sometimes on quite long but sometimes off immediately. Think it has moods, no?? Anyway, I can't be bothered as long as it's on auto mode & always on when dark can liao. :)

I think it's normal.
Mine has mood swings too.

At least I appreciate that it doesn't turn on or off immediately. There is a slight delay.
My friend's sensor totally way too sensitive. Turns on off every time he goes under a bridge in the day.

First time encountered people so particular on auto headlight...I never border about it since the day I start driving bimmer...

Go to your idrive & check lah. There is sensitivity menu in there.

If don't have, PM my bestest fren, Meek.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back